Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

louis;815114 said:
i think its ironic that you've asked us to "reflect on ourselves"

look at your own post history on this forum. your internet persona is not exactly the epitome of intellect or appropriateness either so I think it's fair to say that you have done your fair share to make forums like these the "toilet bowls" that they are.

I don't know you on a personal level, perhaps the real person is actually a very thoughtful and intelligent person who truly value adds to this country; but if you're trying to defend FTs, you're doing your cause no favors through such vitriolic posts.

Terry;815127 said:
i am not defending FTs only merely saying condemning and vomitting your hatred on FTs just because of an accident of them driving ferrari just isnt right. Theres a difference with treating the forum like a toilet bowl for comedy fun and laughter and bringing out your alter ego which is not the most righteous or ethical comments just because you're behind the screen.

and why are you so sensitive with my 'defending FTs ' post

seems like u really hate FTs how bout sharing ur encounters and experiences , i might sway my decisions and be like you too if you tell me

Both of you are neither right nor wrong...

I know Terry on a very personal level and he is really a Talent from the phrase "FT", and not the type we Singaporeans are complaining against. Its those bastards who come and become swinging dicks..which Terry also hates. Fact remains that the accident was caused by reckless driving and not so much the nationality. Anyone would whack the driver even if he was a Singaporean.

Like what the others have said, Terry is as Singaporean as any Singaporean on the street. He has integrated into our society like one of us and this is what we welcome..same as our previous forummer who has left..Phil the chao ang moh. He is as lah leh lor as any Singaporean

But what Louis said is not without merit either at least on the "reflect on ourselves" part. I think its not fair for Terry to say that although I believe he did not mean it "that" way.. I believe he meant it in a way that if we Singaporeans are good enough or are willing to undertake the job without our usual Singaporean style complaints, then there would be no need for FTs.

I think at the end of the day, majority of Singaporeans are angry at FT policies by the government and not so much against the actual FT physically. Its the "persona' we are up against.

We all have our disagreements on this FT issue. But our "enemy" is not among friends...so it would be good to remember that when we enter into discussions.

Darth Vader;815147 said:
its a lost cause, singapore is destined to be a PRC colony.
going to renounce citizenship and go back malaysia, zero PRC immigrants there.

i thought i will be first class citizen in singapore, it was wishful thinking.

I was having dim sum in a small town near Mersing and the kopi mei mei spoke in PRC mandarin... Haha... She remembered at least 20 drinks that we ordered. Kudos!

This PRC syndrome, whether positive or not, it's happening in every single part of the world. I'm not seeking all to embrace this but remember, live and let live. In this world, we are reply on one another, whether you're a Singaporean or not. Our govt aren't the only people suggling with how many to let it and how much influence we want our society to take.

And please, foreign workers or just foreigners (like a students) who takes up residence here, doesn't necessary make them FT and FT doesn't necessary mean bad. I just hope to hear more objective views and to remind myself not to live my life with so much hatred. At the end of the day, what good does these arguing do?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ft issue is one that is exaggerated by the policies set by the govt. Some issues that bother me on a personal level

National Service

When i was growing up this was a sacred cow, every male has to serve NS and then do ICT till 40 or 50. Today New citizen have found ways to go past that by becoming citizens after their liability age. In fact to endorse this trend we even have a MP who had done that. In theory the children of PRs are supposed to serve NS but i do know of some individuals who have avoid NS thru loopholes.

I have friends who had to give up opportunities bc they had to serve NS first, we accepted this as NS was deemed crucial to our survival.

Law

Again in the past the rule of the law was followed strictly, today we see cases where there is a difference in the way the locals are treated compared to for.

Housing

The influx of rich foreigners and their wealth thru undisclosed sources has increased the prices significantly creating an unlevel playing ground.

I sure you may find my views on the above matters too trivial or simplistic. But the fact remains that ppl are not happy being marginalized. some express in a dignified way, but others may be aggressive in postings.

Imagine your parents heralding your cousin who live in your house, while you are the one doing all the chores.

I have no issues with foreigners, in fact a significant number of friends and colleagues are FT.

Terry;815101 said:
posted by Christine or VRforums:

"The govt should create a special B class COE where drivers who wish to purchase high end exotic sports car shall fall under such category. This includes lamboghini, Ferrari, mitshibishi lancer, etc...

Starting bid price of this special class B COE - S$ 1 billion with the price eventually increase to S$ 1 trillion in 10 years time to discourage high end cars on our roads. "
OOT abit...

1st para - Kinda funny, Mitsubishi Lancer a high end exotic sports car? I believed was meant to be e Lancer EVO althgh Mitsubishi Lancer & Mitsubishi Lancer EVO are 2 different rides... then again, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO does not even qualify as an Exotic Sports Car :D

2nd para - S$1 billion for special class B COE... confirmed, irrational thinking took over rationale thinking :screwedu:

ROFLMFAO.

diablo_728;815178 said:
Law

Again in the past the rule of the law was followed strictly, today we see cases where there is a difference in the way the locals are treated compared to for.

Really? Can provide some examples?

Some decisions made by the courts are really baffling but seriously, you should put yourself through law school to know some things are not that straightforward.

To be honest, I cannot stand some of these FTs myself and I work in an office where as a Singaporean, I'm the minority. But I tried to think big picture and where our ricebowls come from based on investments from outside, I took a step back and I understood the pains the policy makers have to go through. And do not forget, these are constantly being refined. We ought to behave at the level that we are all being educated at and not bash at every single given opportunity.

Like many has mentioned, this case is NOT about the nationality of the driver but a very reckless driver. They have it in every country and many SIngaporeans fall in that category as well.

STUDENT of KTV worker? (probably both la)
Who's the mystery female passenger in horror Ferrari crash?

SINGAPORE - She was out driving around Singapore with Mr Ma Chi, 31, in the wee hours of Saturday morning.
In the horrific accident that followed, she was seriously injured in the three-vehicle crash that has claimed the lives of three people so far.
Those killed include Mr Ma, a Chinese national working as a financial advisor here in Singapore, taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock, 52, and the taxi's passenger, a Japanese female passenger in her 20s.

When Ms Ting Ting, 28, wife of Mr Ma, found out that her husband had been ferrying a young woman in her 20s at the time of the accident, she expressed surprise and asked the reporters about the identity of the woman.
However, reports so far have revealed conflicting information on the identity of the mystery passenger of the red Ferrari.
All that has been confirmed is that she is a young woman from China in her 20s, and she suffered serious injuries from the crash, including head injuries and a fractured right leg.

Motorcyclist Muhamad Azami Awang, 26, who was involved in the accident described the woman to have long hair which was dyed brown like an 'ah lian'.
He added that she was slim and fair skinned, and was wearing hot pants and a white spaghetti-strap tank top.
He told The New Paper that he was surprised to see the woman emerge from the wrecked car.
She was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and is reportedly out of danger.

Friends of Mr Ma told The Sunday Times that they have no idea who the woman is. They also said they did not know why she would be in the car with Mr Ma so early in the morning. (macham ah)

However, reports by Shinmin Daily point to the mystery lady being a hostess at a popular nighclub.
It is believed that Mr Ma patronised the nightclub on the night of his death, and brought the girl for a spin.
According to eye-witnesses, his red Ferrari had been spotted several times at the nightclub premises. But the nightclub valets interviewed by the paper said that they have never seen the Ferrari at the location.
The paper further reported that there is indeed a nightclub hostess at the club that has been warded in hospital.
In the latest updates by ST, the woman is still recovering in a high dependency ward at TTSH, and was wheeled in to an operation on the afternoon of May 14.

According to friends who visited her at the hospital, she is a student from Wuhan, China, studying in Singapore.

ST reported that she has been identified to be Ms Wu Wei Wei, who had just graduated from a hospitality course at the East Asia Institute of Management.
The private school has said that it was helping Ms Wu with her insurance claims.

Her friends, who declined to be named, said that they had seen her with Mr Ma before, but did not elaborate on the nature of the relationship.
They added that Ms Wu has a boyfriend.

Her friends also expressed doubt at the rumours flying around about Ms Wu being a nightclub hostess, saying that it was not possible as Ms Wu was a full-time student.

She did not hold any job, they insisted.

They added that Ms Wu is from a reputable and financially stable family.
"Why would she need to work as a hostess when her family can pay for everything?" one female friend said.
Ms Wu is currently in stable condition, but is weak and has difficulty speaking, eating and walking.
She declined to speak to the ST reporter.

Witnesses say that the Ferrari crashed into a taxi when it ran a red light, causing the taxi to hit a passing motorcycle.
The impact was so hard that the taxi's engine was found 30m away from the vehicle, reported Shin Min Daily News.
Police and SCDF received calls about the accident at about 4.15am.
Mr Ma was pronounced dead at the scene by the paramedics.

According to reports, Mr Ma first came to Singapore from Sichuan, China, four years ago with his wife and child.
Friends said he was a hard-working and righteous person who worked as a financial investor. He was also applying for permanent residency in Singapore.
They said that Mr Ma, who had just returned Thursday from a business trip, had gone out to a dinner with other friends.

They alleged that no alcohol was drunk that night, although eyewitnesses have claimed Mr Ma smelled of alcohol.
Mr Richard Cheung, 31, told The Straits Times (ST) that Mr Ma did not have a habit of drinking as he was not a heavy drinker and would turn bright red after a glass of alcohol.

Ms Ting Ting said her husband had then taken the one-year-old Ferrari out later in the night at about 3am on Saturday for a spin.
She told Lianhe Wanbao that he enjoyed driving at night as there were fewer people around and less traffic.

She also described him as an introverted person who loved his family and his four-year-old daughter. The couple was expecting their second child, and the accident had come soon after their wedding anniversary. (who gives a shit)

Despite questioning the Chinese daily reporters on the identity of the woman, she maintained that she trusted her husband as he was a loving father and husband.
She also said that it was normal for someone to send a friend home after meeting up with them.

According to Wanbao, she previously worked as a news anchor in Sichuan, before quitting her job to to join her husband in Singapore three years ago.
She is currently a director of the immigrant group Singapore Tian Fu Association.

The Ferrari was a 30th birthday present to himself last year, and is a $1.8 million limited edition model. The couple also own a $3 million condominium in the East Coast and a $400,000 BMW. (who gives a shit again)

According to friends, Mr Ma was a family man, who liked playing computer games and keeping up with the news on Weibo, a Chinese social networking site. (who gives a shit again & again)

I am amazed the valets at the night club did not see a ferrari...haha

There is a saying, "hate the game, don't hate the players." These feelings of dissent on the influx of foreigners, should it be directed at the policies or the foreigners? Think about it.

Oh yes, it seems to me that we segregate classes of foreigners?

First level of distinction, Foreigh Talents (FTs) vs Foreign Workers (FWs)?

Second level, FT (PRC), FT (Malaysia), FT (Indonesia), FT (India) and so on? FT (Malaysia) who services my car, he is okay. FT (PRC) who serves me at a restaurant.... err not so sure. FT (India) programmer in a bank, I don't care. Seemed to be that way, does it not?

kenntona;815204 said:
There is a saying, "hate the game, don't hate the players." These feelings of dissent on the influx of foreigners, should it be directed at the policies or the foreigners? Think about it.

Second level, FT (PRC), FT (Malaysia), FT (Indonesia), FT (India) and so on? FT (Malaysia) who services my car, he is okay. FT (PRC) who serves me at a restaurant.... err not so sure. FT (India) programmer in a bank, I don't care. Seemed to be that way, does it not?

Well, FW for one, takes up jobs that Singaporeans wouldn't do. FTs happen to be the class of people SIngaporeans hate because they think that their livelihood is being taken away. Foreigners like Terry are friends to us and hated by other forummers. Hahaha... Just kidding!

kenntona;815204 said:

Agree, wanted to write the same. Point your guns at the right direction.
But then, I have to repeat, this FT bashing is unpreventable during a fight, even if its a fight aganist the policies. Talking on IQ or EQ is very unnecessary also.

How is a PRC serving you in a restaurent a Talent?

MW;815215 said:

They can remember which table you're sitting!

MW;815167 said:
But what Louis said is not without merit either at least on the "reflect on ourselves" part. I think its not fair for Terry to say that although I believe he did not mean it "that" way.. I believe he meant it in a way that if we Singaporeans are good enough or are willing to undertake the job without our usual Singaporean style complaints, then there would be no need for FTs.

MW,

I can see that you're trying to broker peace here and I appreciate that, and if i were smart enough I would just leave matters as they are.

But... I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of whether he meant his statement in "that" way, as you have so succinctly summarized it. I find it hard to come around to your perspective because of what I perceive to be inflammatory comments that he made in that same post.

Your perspective is influenced by your personal relationship with Terry, while I am guided by what has been written in the post. Whether your interpretation or my interpretation is closer to the truth, only the original poster knows, so I propose that we agree to disagree on this matter. :)

Lastly, I would like to point out that one doesn't have to "hate FTs" to be offended by the inflammatory statements made below, so no, my reaction does not stem from xenophobia.

Terry;815101 said:
the truth is most people are just too dumb... reflected on netizen's comment ... if you thought FTs are bad ... think again...

incompetency in most is what drives FTs in , flawed and too 'linear' and ' straight ' education system as well as parenting method (go look at youtube for ' worlds strictest parents singapore episode' and no its nothing to be proud about in fact is a disgrace

If singapore creates dumbfucks like her..... dont always blame the Fts.... and the government bringing them in .... sometimes we should just reflect on ourselves ...

hearsay.............

The dead PRC driver of the red Ferrari was the brother of Ma Yong, one of the big mafia bosses operating in Chongqing. During the crackdown initiated by Bo Xilai and Wang Lijun on the Chinese mafia, Ma Yong fled to Guangzhou in the south.

The Straits Times of May 14 described the deceased driver, Ma Chi, as a 31-year old private investor. The latter never graduated from college.

According to some sources, Ma Chi used to launder at least 1 million of USD per month in Hongkong

MW said:

If he or she is a captain or a manager, I don't see why I need to strip her of her skillsets as compared to a Malaysian captain/manager. We have long seen Malaysians dominated our F&B industry and we were okay with that all this while......

I walked into a garage and I have no issue with a Malaysian mechanic handling my car. Sure, we can debate until the cows come home whether he is a FT or a FW but it does not change the fact that I do not impose upon myself a negative perspective on his nationality.

So why would I be pissed with him if he is from mainland China? Perception of shoddy works experienced and poor QC performed witnessed by you, perhaps? How about poor delivery from Singaporeans? Should I hate Singaporeans too?

Just to share, the following is from a Singaporean forumer who shares my view....

9:46:32 J: im so disgusted by some of these trolls who suddenly started to offer their anti FT comments in our forum
09:52:06 J : i dislike pap...but i must say there r some pap mps that r good.
09:52:23 J : i hate pap but there r policies that work for singaporeans?
09:52:44 J : its just sickening to read irrational comments

louis;815224 said:
MW,

I can see that you're trying to broker peace here and I appreciate that, and if i were smart enough I would just leave matters as they are.

But... I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of whether he meant his statement in "that" way, as you have so succinctly summarized it. I find it hard to come around to your perspective because of what I perceive to be inflammatory comments that he made in that same post.

Your perspective is influenced by your personal relationship with Terry, while I am guided by what has been written in the post. Whether your interpretation or my interpretation is closer to the truth, only the original poster knows, so I propose that we agree to disagree on this matter. :)

Lastly, I would like to point out that one doesn't have to "hate FTs" to be offended by the inflammatory statements made below, so no, my reaction does not stem from xenophobia.

Ok you are right, only the poster knows his true intentions...

This thread is about the accident, not the nationality of the driver involved in it so will you all quit using FT, foreigners, Singaporeans as argument points?

It was a horrific accident, simple as that.

Guns do not Kill, it is the person using the gun that Kills :thinking:

pengful;815237 said:
This thread is about the accident, not the nationality of the driver involved in it so will you all quit using FT, foreigners, Singaporeans as argument points?

It was a horrific accident, simple as that.

Read liao very pengful hor? :lol2:

government will help the family, time to close the case.
because so many complained, government step in.
so it was right to complain.

SINGAPORE: Help will be rendered to the family of the taxi driver killed in an accident involving his taxi, a Ferrari and a motorcycle along Rochor Road on May 12.

ComfortDelGro taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock, 52, was pronounced dead on May 13 after he succumbed to his injuries.

Law and Foreign Affairs Minister K Shanmugam said Mr Cheng's family will have the cast-iron assurance that they will be provided with all necessary assistance.

Mr Shanmugam, who is also an MP for Nee Soon GRC, shared his plans with reporters at Mr Cheng's wake on Tuesday night. Dr Lim Wee Kiak, another MP for Nee Soon GRC, was also present at the wake.

Mr Shanmugam said he has spoken to his grassroots leaders, the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS) as well as the NTUC.

They will put together a package to help the family in the long term, but the family has requested for time to work out the details.

Mr Shanmugam said the family will also be helped on the children's education and the family flat. He said he has reassured Mr Cheng's 21-year-old daughter that education is a "non-issue" so long as she qualifies for university.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back