Unbiased write-up on the SMRT cock-ups

Re: Unbiased write-up on the SMRT cock-ups

Scary, don't think we can make it operating hi speed train with the kind of organisaton.
Guess most of the GLCs will end up like that, oh yah some MNCs not far behind.

The comment below to a posting is probably from a former senior staff of SMRT.
It gives an idea of the sort of people and process management that was in place in the company.

1sickpuppyII:

The problem all started when the Sr staffs were retrenched, resigned, retired and asked to leave. When she took over how many senior staff with years of experience and trained by experts from Japan , England and Hong Kong that did not agreed with her was removed and replaced with young people with paper qualifications and have not the slightest idea of how to run a train system. There these young management staff tried to impress her by backstabbing each other, come out with hairbrain ideas or quick fix solutions that did not sound in the long run. Well guess what after 10 years of this type of shit from a well oiled and smooth running system she ran it to the ground. Mark my words as long as she is in the helm surrounded by her clueless dogs there will be no improvment.
That was the time I took a serious look at my retirement plan. Then came her waves of cost cutting measures, buying of cheap spares that looks good on paper but can't even last till the next round of preventive maintainance, reduce the manpower to all sections working at skeleton crew level. The last straw came when some of my junior staffs was not satisfied with the way they were graded and the amount they got compare to what their bosses got. They brough it up to the union and HR and they got the same reply " The door is always open". That was when I knew the shit has hit the ceiling and I took my earily retirment and joined my fellow former co-workers.

it's an open secret that reduce cost and increase profit is the highest priority for every ceo upon joining

genius idea..cable ties..start praying next time when smell burning plastic in mrt ..

zorro;720019 said:
Scary, don't think we can make it operating hi speed train with the kind of organisaton.
Guess most of the GLCs will end up like that, oh yah some MNCs not far behind.

The comment below to a posting is probably from a former senior staff of SMRT.
It gives an idea of the sort of people and process management that was in place in the company.

1sickpuppyII:

The problem all started when the Sr staffs were retrenched, resigned, retired and asked to leave. When she took over how many senior staff with years of experience and trained by experts from Japan , England and Hong Kong that did not agreed with her was removed and replaced with young people with paper qualifications and have not the slightest idea of how to run a train system. There these young management staff tried to impress her by backstabbing each other, come out with hairbrain ideas or quick fix solutions that did not sound in the long run. Well guess what after 10 years of this type of shit from a well oiled and smooth running system she ran it to the ground. Mark my words as long as she is in the helm surrounded by her clueless dogs there will be no improvment.
That was the time I took a serious look at my retirement plan. Then came her waves of cost cutting measures, buying of cheap spares that looks good on paper but can't even last till the next round of preventive maintainance, reduce the manpower to all sections working at skeleton crew level. The last straw came when some of my junior staffs was not satisfied with the way they were graded and the amount they got compare to what their bosses got. They brough it up to the union and HR and they got the same reply " The door is always open". That was when I knew the shit has hit the ceiling and I took my earily retirment and joined my fellow former co-workers.

"You can always take the next train". Sounds symmetrical? How come this butch has such arrogance instilled in her and her organisation?

DrK;720144"You can always take the next train". Sounds symmetrical? How come this butch has such arrogance instilled in her and her organisation?[/QUOTE said:
Arrogance is a virus that could be spread from the owners of this company.

I actually dealt with one similar female CEO of a similar set up who is an exact replica of Saw..

That company deals with asking us to drink our own pee..

NTUC Deputy Sec-Gen to head investigation on MRT breakdowns
[QUOTE}SMRT's board of directors has appointed NTUC Deputy Secretary-General Mr Ong Ye Kung, an independent director of SMRT, to head an investigation team to find out the cause of last week's train disruptions.

This team will comprise external experts and internal resources, who will look at the adequacy of SMRT's emergency responses and what needs to be fixed.

This will be an internal investigation, separate from the Committee of Inquiry announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
SMRT's board in a statement on Thursday also apologised to commuters and said its immediate focus was to do 'everything necessary to regain the confidence of our commuters and the public by ensuring safe, reliable operations and improved communications processes'.

The board also added that the disruptions have shown that SMRT need to improve on their emergency response and management procedures as well as how they communicate with commuters.

SMRT's chairman Koh Yong Guan said: 'The board will spare no effort and resources to ensure that SMRT earns back the confidence of the commuters and public.'

Mr Ong, 42, is also the Chairman of the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i). He has also held positions in the government, including that of Principal Private Secretary to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.[/quote]

Err, what big gun? From what I read, just another crony here for show and tell and wayang a bit. Committee. Expert. Foreign. Yeah, we've all heard it before. Bleh.

so how long this committee need? the committee to study ministerial pay seems like taking forever.....maybe need 5 yrs

Sorry, I don't quite understand.... this Committee of Inquiry is a special audit committee? If they find issues to contend with, means the internal audit has not been doing their jobs?

So we need another audit to audit the internal audit.

davidtch;720202 said:
NTUC Deputy Sec-Gen to head investigation on MRT breakdowns
[QUOTE}SMRT's board of directors has appointed NTUC Deputy Secretary-General Mr Ong Ye Kung, an independent director of SMRT, to head an investigation team to find out the cause of last week's train disruptions.

This team will comprise external experts and internal resources, who will look at the adequacy of SMRT's emergency responses and what needs to be fixed.

This will be an internal investigation, separate from the Committee of Inquiry announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
SMRT's board in a statement on Thursday also apologised to commuters and said its immediate focus was to do 'everything necessary to regain the confidence of our commuters and the public by ensuring safe, reliable operations and improved communications processes'.

The board also added that the disruptions have shown that SMRT need to improve on their emergency response and management procedures as well as how they communicate with commuters.

SMRT's chairman Koh Yong Guan said: 'The board will spare no effort and resources to ensure that SMRT earns back the confidence of the commuters and public.'

Mr Ong, 42, is also the Chairman of the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i). He has also held positions in the government, including that of Principal Private Secretary to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
[/QUOTE]

What independent? NTUC is linked to govt. Ex-Private Secretary is linked to PM. PM is linked to Madam Ho. Madam Ho is linked to Tem. Tem is linked to SMRT.

ONE FULL BIG CIRCLE of connections. Independent? Think again. More like wayang farce to me.

A real independent committee should consist of non ex-govt officials, experts in transportation network, engineers from successful foreign rail projects (like MTR of HK or Tokyo subway) and above all, REAL PEOPLE WHO TAKE THE MRT ON FREQUENT BASIS AT BOTH PEAK AND NON-PEAK HOURS. We do not need some smart alecks who talk air and had never taken the MRT for most of his lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRdjMaQfdo&feature=g-logo&context=G2a1aa83FOAAAAAAADAA]Shocking reaction to SMRT train breakdown - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently SMRT CEO IS TOAST :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Where u saw this?

Ok now it's official :p

BN 18:23 *SMRT SAYS PRESIDENT, CEO SAW RESIGNS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads