Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Hi bro, can PM me the damage and the workshop details. Thanks.

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

But doing so would give the WS the opportunity to check thoroughly. If not - at least clean the areas where the gasket would sit .........

jinooi;931353 said:
Would have been a huge mistake if they did. The engine looks clean to me.

the brown colour is the colour of the thin coating of engine oil that protects and lubricates the moving parts.

remove that and you might need to run-in the engine again, as you would have to for a brand new car.

jinooi;931354 said:
Next time, pls do not ask them to do engine flush. Your engine looks clean. The flush would have dissolved the protective layer that has formed over the years.

valve seals look ok. So it might not have been the issue.

the 'valve cover gasket' is also called the 'head gasket'. Most likely could've been a leaking head gasket that caused the white smoke.

Did your workshop check the radiator to see whether there was any engine oil in the coolant?

Pls keep us posted on whether after this, you still need to top up engine oil frequently.

Sure, thanks for the advise.
Will take note of my engine oil level

Art_Soh;931360 said:
Hi bro, can PM me the damage and the workshop details. Thanks.

Sure, PM u now

Agreed, very very clean cylinder head!

eddienike;931290 said:
In my opinion, your top engine consider reasonable clean..

to bro DayDreaming, i cannot PM u cos ur mailbox is full.

Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Hi Bro Aaron, able to PM me the stockist and the cost as well as the workshop and the cost? Many thanks!

Aaron_BMW;931925 said:
to bro DayDreaming, i cannot PM u cos ur mailbox is full.

Bro, can pm mi again? Thanks.

hi Bro Aaron, I'm keen to know too as my 320 hv similiar issue but not wanting to do top overhaul.
pls pm the cost & contact. thanks for yr kind sharing and

Blessed Christmas!

i also did what Aaron did. But my Flywheel now also leaking :(
Just did a change of ATF and filter to solve the jerking problem when coming to a stop. So far so good but sooner or later need to change the solenoid.....

DayDreaming;933301 said:
Bro, can pm mi again? Thanks.

i got PM u already?
cos i got too many message, abit confused

Danny2321;933276 said:
Hi Bro Aaron, able to PM me the stockist and the cost as well as the workshop and the cost? Many thanks!

PM u already

firehorse;933429 said:
hi Bro Aaron, I'm keen to know too as my 320 hv similiar issue but not wanting to do top overhaul.
pls pm the cost & contact. thanks for yr kind sharing and

Blessed Christmas!

PM u already

GTIbm;933463 said:
i also did what Aaron did. But my Flywheel now also leaking :(
Just did a change of ATF and filter to solve the jerking problem when coming to a stop. So far so good but sooner or later need to change the solenoid.....

i am also changing my soleniod.
will post it in forum soon

haven yet, can pm mi? thanks..

your car got a lot of problems, will your next car be a bmw again ?

Hi there, pls PM me total cost/ and place where you got the stock and also the workmanship.

with many thanks,

prem

Darth Vader;935585 said:

Ha... Good question.
I am looking at the X6 in the near future.
Am still open to all options

Darth Vader;935585 said:

Ha... Good question.
I am looking at the X6 in the near future.
Am still open to all options

DayDreaming;935581 said:
haven yet, can pm mi? thanks..

Ok, PM u already

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back