Volk Racing VR.G2

clar

Have my eyes on this for my M3. Anybody here has it on his/her E9x M3? I have no experience with their wheels, but have been hearing good feedback generally. Are they any good?

Re: Volk Racing VR.G2

Can't comment on this specfic rim but I am personally adverse to light rims as it robs the driving feel of the car. Steering feels too light and at high speed, it is not a good feel. It is just a sensation but not a good one. Am speaking from my 335 days when I had Volks Progressive ME.

Ah VOLKS, japanese forged...cant go wrong with it...light and strong

looks good too, get it...

i personally quite gian these 2.

advan-rsd-178.jpg

advanRG-D800.jpg

but i gota get rid of my 3 set of rims first..no storage!

clar;830761 said:
Have my eyes on this for my M3. Anybody here has it on his/her E9x M3? I have no experience with their wheels, but have been hearing good feedback generally. Are they any good?

Looks good, design is similar to my all time fav Rays TE37.

T6;830764 said:
Can't comment on this specfic rim but I am personally adverse to light rims as it robs the driving feel of the car. Steering feels too light and at high speed, it is not a good feel. It is just a sensation but not a good one. Am speaking from my 335 days when I had Volks Progressive ME.

That drastic? What wheels are u on now for your E90 M3? My steering is set to Sports plus on the M mode, so might not be such a big issue.

hetraa;830823 said:
Ah VOLKS, japanese forged...cant go wrong with it...light and strong

looks good too, get it...

i personally quite gian these 2.

advan-rsd-178.jpg

advanRG-D800.jpg

but i gota get rid of my 3 set of rims first..no storage!

The Advan Racing looks nice. Is it forged?

clar;830761 said:

Yucks...... Dun like it.

Bbs f1 Wheels ftw!!!!!

advan is cast...but still light.
similar to OZ's weight.

VOLKS wheels is lightest ever...

clar;830876 said:
The Advan Racing looks nice. Is it forged?

clar;830872 said:
That drastic? What wheels are u on now for your E90 M3? My steering is set to Sports plus on the M mode, so might not be such a big issue.

Am on stock Competition rims. Prefer the planted feeling.

jasonmaxima;830882 said:
Yucks...... Dun like it.

Bbs f1 Wheels ftw!!!!!

BBS FI is damn nice.. But very expensive. Are you on these rims jasonmaxima?

Raingod;830989 said:
BBS FI is damn nice.. But very expensive. Are you on these rims jasonmaxima?

These days, i don't look at the wheels alone. It's how it looks when on the car that matters. BBS FI looks fine, but when mounted, looks a little hollow. The VRs look sub-par on its own, but pretty decent and muscular in a simple way when mounted on our cars.

Yes BBS FI looks very hollow because the spokes are very spread out. Doesn't suit the E9x chassis

I saw F1s on a 1M. Not nice at all.

Clarence, BBS LM-R, TE37 SL just to add a couple more to increase the headache. lol

T6 said:

Zhoon boh, the 1-2 kg weight savings can change the feel so much....... bear in mind the 335 squats even on PSS9, so that feeling might not be from the wheels.....

kenntona;831188 said:
Zhoon boh, the 1-2 kg weight savings can change the feel so much....... bear in mind the 335 squats even on PSS9, so that feeling might not be from the wheels.....

I thought so too.

Andy, wheels weight are like bad cholesterol, the lesser the better. The more planted feel u get in your M3 is the inherently superior suspension setup. Having said, i will pay special attention to the before-and-after of the steering feel after changing to the G2. I am pretty decided on that. Will head to Stamford tires to check it out...

impreza77R;831197 said:
I have it on mine now. As mentioned, light and strong. Cant't go wrong dude.

Nice, can share some pics, bro?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88tvnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back