• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Volker Racing Spark Plugs

yendor

Guys and gals,

I can help to get Volker Racing Plugs for the 318 and M54 series of engines. The plugs employ Iridium for the sparking electrode and Patinium for the ground electrode. Right now there are about 40 pcs of plugs available in the heat range needed for the engine.

For 4 pcs the cost is $90 and for 6 pcs the cost is $135. They carry a local 1 year warranty against jerking, unstable idle and misfiring. The worksop that is backing up the warranty is located at Kranji Ind estate and I am just assisting to bridge the distance. I do not get a cut.. In case you are worried about PML warranty, these are not irreversible mods and in case you need to do a warrantly claim for engine works, you can remove them prior to your repairs.

Personally i am using the same plugs in my car and there is a definite difference above 2500rpm. The car feels a lot livelier and accelerates urgently. A dyno run was done and these plugs gained 5 hp on the same car on the same session on the same dyno.

PM me or SMS me if you are interested.

Cheers

Rodney

Re: Volker Racing Spark Plugs

yendor said:
Personally i am using the same plugs in my car and there is a definite difference above 2500rpm. The car feels a lot livelier and accelerates urgently. A dyno run was done and these plugs gained 5 hp on the same car on the same session on the same dyno.
5 horses is a huge improvement, bro. Sounds too good to be true, but tempting nonetheless.

Well i was a little doubtful at first but from butt feel, it seems about right. I saw a dyno session done on a skoda 1.8t and the before and after numbers was an amazing 15hp gain. Initially i thought that the boost was tweaked to get the increased horses but the levels was similiar. One of the issues found was that the old plugs was fouled and that lost ponies. It would be interesting to rate this plugs new for new against OWS, HKS and ND plugs. Personnally i was using ND iridium plugs before and they are about 10k km old and after the Volker plugs were used, the car just feels lighter. I do not even have CAI or decat exhaust. That is why I am recommending these plugs to you guys.

If you like i can bring you for a little ride.

Rod

Nope, the plug gap is extremely resistant to erosion as the melting point of both metals are very high. Iridium is 2000+ degrees while Platinium is 1500+ dregrees celsius. Once you install you can just forget about it. If you are enthusiastic then after about 30k km you can remove them and clean it but volker themsleves said there was not too much difference in performance. According to them if you have to clean your plugs then either your mixture is not right or the heat range is wrong thus causing fouling.

hope this helps.

rod

Yep, the plugs are available for your engine.

When you wanna meetup?

exactly, that is what I am using now for my 2.2

Thanks. Just to confirm, the 5bhp gained that you mentioned was dyno'edon your car, using the VR spark plugs and ND iridium?

nope. used a friends honda (easier to remove plugs on dyno) gained 7 hp. on a skoda (prep for auto trail tis wk) gained 15hp w/o boost increase. personally i find the car lighter on throttle and pick up is perkier.

to the bro that came down to kranji today,
shop owner wanted to apologize as could not accomodate fitting. they are preparing 2 cars for auto trail. if you don't mind i can meet up to pass you the plugs.

Hi Rodney, what is this shop's name?

ha ha. . what was the old shop called?

now it is UM2 PERFORMANCE TUNING. they are just completing a audi a4 with complete ecu + cdi.

yendor said:
nope. used a friends honda (easier to remove plugs on dyno) gained 7 hp. on a skoda (prep for auto trail tis wk) gained 15hp w/o boost increase. personally i find the car lighter on throttle and pick up is perkier.
7 and 15 horses? Better than some ECU remapping or chipping. I am interested, if true. PM me.

Shaun, what are your thoughts on the numbers?

ken, what is your e-mail, i send you a dyno chart. you got pm too.

kenntona said:
7 and 15 horses? Better than some ECU remapping or chipping. I am interested, if true. PM me.

kenntona said:

I believe the gains seen are regained losses from inefficiencies arising from variances in gap, mismatch of heat range to tune state, wear levels, or just overall poor design of the original plugs, etc.

A properly working engine should be at state A. If it is, no plug is going to give meaningful amounts of power and make it A+1.

What I believe is happening here is the engine for some reason when first measured is at A-2 and then the new plugs remove the loss and return it to state A.

Yes this is what i think too. The plugs that were removed were quite fouled ( i did mention this in the 4th post)

The design of the plugs do give is a slight edge against the original plugs by virtue of exact firing accuracy and spark intensity. These benefits also help when you got access to fuel ratios and ignition timing adjustment... wink wink...

But i must still admit. the plugs DO give a discernable advantage above 3000rpm on my engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9betcredit
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back