• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Volker Racing Spark Plugs

Re: Volker Racing Spark Plugs

Shaun said:
Multiple kernel flames are never produced. This is fact ask any electrical engineer. By the same token, a surface gap plug should have a complete 360 degree radial spark. This never happens. The spark always takes the path of least resistance. The path is always singular.

No multiple kernel flames are produced. There is no reduction in spark intensity on multiple ground plugs.

They talking about "Other spark plug design with multiple ground electrodes"??

Hi Rodney

On the webpage of the volker, at the top there is a dyno chart.

There is a dip in the power between the 3k to 4k rpm. This is very similar to my experience now. Hmm.....

yendor said:
Shaun i suggest we take this discussion offline or on PM. Don't want to go into too deep discussions and cause confusion.
Rod, do not take it offline. Keep the information coming. Many of us, as (potential) consumers, deserve the right to know about the product, but at a level we consumers understand. One cannot convey rocket science to non-engineering background drivers. Else the knowledge gap will persist amongst the technically-inclined and the laymen. A disadvantage as a result of poor conveyance of information is analogous to no valuable information or no advice at all. Thanks for all the info, dude.

Whisky_Tango said:
Trying is believing bro, the pull is different from stock plugs which last change was 5mths ago. Juz dun have the rite plugs yet. Of course if the correct plugs used then and no diff from stock, I will not even say its good.
Product testimony, assuming neutrality (not staged), is always a fairly good reference point for discerning laymen consumers. Thanks, bro.

Shaun said:
I feel quite sad that again discussion is quashed by fear of confusion when it should in fact lead to clarification and improved discernment for an interested consumer. A disinterested consumer will remain disinterested and uninformed no matter the level of discussion.

There are many ways of looking at things and explanation of the logic, sharing of calculation is a basic requirement for progression - seeing which set matches the results and possibilities the closest. If instead, the aim is a plain sales, then... there is no need for any of this.

There is of course a ton I have to say about what you just mentioned, along with holes in the comparison, disparity in actual change in firing accuracy/advance vs claimed gains. The concept is right, but it is the degree of effect is being IMO misrepresented, mismeasured. Sad that discussion is unwelcome, something least of all expected from you. It does no good to discuss it in private because consumers don't get to decide for themselves, whilst you are obviously already a firm believer. So this is it then.. have fun with the awesome +5hp sparkplugs. May they make it into every level of motorsport where tight tolerances, power, and longevity, are vital.

Cheers

Shaun,

If you are offended by me trying to squash the discussion then by all means carry on but this is not the right thread. We should be in the tech discussion thread. Like i explained before, i never mention that the gains are absolute 15hp. I was just mentioning that compared to the old worn plugs there was gain.

The discussion is going OT.

My butt dyno knows that there is a difference but how much i dunno yet. I welcome any form of discussions but lets keep to the right thread. What you replied is also disheartening to me. You for one know i that do not earn any $ from this kind of activity. I am just sharing what i know and letting members know of good stuff.

Cheers

Rodney

WT,

I cannot explain technically the difference in the 2 lines. I can only guess that there was sampling errors or a change in dynamic properties of the engine parameters such as timing and cyl pressures.

Like what i mentioned before, I will find the right plugs for you or the shop will return your money back. That is a warranty. If they do not give, I will pay you back. Either way you will not lose.

I just want to experiment with your stock engine. All of the cars here run different setups.

Cheers

See you later ? :)

Kenntona

Ok, we shift the discussion to tech thread. An discuss the virtues of better spark can be explained and concepts trashed out.

Cheers

Rodney

yendor said:
WT,

I cannot explain technically the difference in the 2 lines. I can only guess that there was sampling errors or a change in dynamic properties of the engine parameters such as timing and cyl pressures.

Like what i mentioned before, I will find the right plugs for you or the shop will return your money back. That is a warranty. If they do not give, I will pay you back. Either way you will not lose.

I just want to experiment with your stock engine. All of the cars here run different setups.

Cheers

See you later ? :)

Hey no prob, i also like to experiment. Juz dun piang my engine can liao. hehehe

See u at 4 to 5pm.

Cheers dude. We will try other heat ranges. Glad that you are keen to trial.

Thanks

Rodney

Whisky_Tango said:

Tio lor, lim peh masi ah-neh kong. Why must make until so kan silan hok-chup and deep deep. :furious:

For me very easy one. If you think that the spark plugs good and can give better performance then buy lor.
(I love Kim Huay Huay style "Even increase 2 BHP i will buy... cos i can afford")
I $$ no enough but 4 spark plugs shld be okay to afford. :ehhh:

Arh boh leh, smart can liao don't geh kiam and make everyone boh eng try to understand the "engine near" term. :whattheh:
(Layman term lim peh boh objection)
Lim peh want my car performance like Euro/Asia R and not the simi tua toh-li....KNN and kiam lim peh kan :angry:

Eric, the spark plugs u used can use on my Asia R boh?? I want my car pick-up with DB9 nose to nose leh.... :lol2: :lol2:

Okie, the good spark plugs can use for Honda RB1 K24 engine boh? How much for 4 pcs? Serious Buyer here! :)

arsenal62 said:
Eric, the spark plugs u used can use on my Asia R boh?? I want my car pick-up with DB9 nose to nose leh.... :lol2: :lol2:

Okie, the good spark plugs can use for Honda RB1 K24 engine boh? How much for 4 pcs? Serious Buyer here! :)

Should have, better ask Rodney because of the gap and heat range properties. Think you muz install 100plugs to win the DB9!! hehehe joking...

Whisky_Tango said:

Yes.. others... and it does NOT occur on others. It does not occue on ANY multiple ground electrode sparkplug, period.

Why does a company have to resort to spreading false information about their competitors products? You never find this type of tactic employed in the upper levels amongst good companies. - no matter how hot competition is.

======

To those complaining about chim and tech, etc. Please realize that everything on this thread so far has utilized secondary school math (algebra, trigonometry), and some basics on electrical stuff that can be picked up in an hour or so. Don't be too quick to dismiss something as too hard to understand without first trying to understand it or even desiring to follow it. Never expect to get close to the truth without even truly wanting to find it.

yendor said:
We should be in the tech discussion thread.

Shouldn't be a problem. Any of the admin can split the thread with a few clicks.

Cheers

Shaun said:
Yes.. others... and it does NOT occur on others. It does not occue on ANY multiple ground electrode sparkplug, period.

For discussion purposes, maybe they meant multiple as in there will be spark occur to the multiple legs at each spark interval but not all 4 sparks occur to all 4 legs. Tat is wat i interpreted.

sometimes due to the intensity, there might be 2 sparks occuring at one time to any of the 4 legs. This I have seen ion a demo kit.

WT,

Sorry to OT, but shaun is right. The demo does not happen in real world operation as the mixtures are never always the same inside a combustion chamber and any voltage greater than the lowest ionisation voltage of each gap will result in the spark jumping across that gap. You can only see 2 sparks by having 1x power packed coil firing in a static environment.

Cheers

Shaun said:
Shouldn't be a problem. Any of the admin can split the thread with a few clicks.

Cheers

I already started a thread. Thanks

Cheers

arsenal62 said:

If your heat range is 16-20 then comform got. Anything else i gotta check.

Cheers

Rodney

Whisky_Tango said:
For discussion purposes, maybe they meant multiple as in there will be spark occur to the multiple legs at each spark interval but not all 4 sparks occur to all 4 legs. Tat is wat i interpreted.

The English language is very clear. The sentences are explicit, wrong, and clearly not open to interpretation. I don't want to spend more time dissecting the sentences.

Interesting discussion!.

SImple question: does the strength of the spark itself affect the quality of the explosion of the AF mixture ?. It is mentioned that some plug could spark at lower voltages, so I was wondering if there is really uneven torque on each cylinder head ?. Assuming all cylinder be equal , that is.

E34EuroTouring said:
Interesting discussion!.

SImple question: does the strength of the spark itself affect the quality of the explosion of the AF mixture ?. It is mentioned that some plug could spark at lower voltages, so I was wondering if there is really uneven torque on each cylinder head ?. Assuming all cylinder be equal , that is.

Me thinks that the intensity of the spark has a direct impact on the performanc eof the engine.

With all 4 or 6 plugs being equal in terms of construction and gap, differences in cylinder pressures maybe minimial but time to achieve peak pressures may differ.

Cheers

E34EuroTouring said:
Interesting discussion!.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59906&postcount=41

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back