Waiting for my 520d!!!!

N54toN47

So how! Any thoughts (bitchy or otherwise)? All are welcome.

here were mine;
1. Didn't want to go to pump every week (18km/l)
2. didn't want to pay penalties for high emissions (had a Z4 s35i previously)
3. Wanted more comfort (see no.2 above)
4. PI price is attractive compared to PML but latter doesn't have anyway
5. Better torque than 520i
6. Rave reviews from Europe, South Africa on the car
7. M Sport package;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Waiting for my 520d!!!!

Did you test drive ? Was wondering if it is noisy?

What is the price of 520d?

I didn't test drive because it wasn't really an option. But i tried to dig up as many online reviews as possible and it always came up as stellar. Performance should be on par with the 520i and i test drove that at PML and it was surprisingly okay considering i had a Z4 s35i with the N54.
Eh, dont talk price lah now COE crash ah i quite pissed off but i guess I don't have 120k cash anyway so...ok guess i answered u.
Outside the car will sound like taxi confirm but inside cannot hear so that's not an issue for me.

One problem ! Cannot pump diesel at malaysia !! Cos Singapore is Europe 4 but Malaysia is europe 2 diesel !!

Tiak tiak is very loud. In addition, it is a waste to drive on the island only. The real efficiency is on NSH.

i saw some videos online and the tiak tiak is muted in the cabin when the doors and windows are closed. Bavarian launched the 520d some time ago so i'm sure there are clean diesel pumps over on that side just dunno where...u think the efficiency cannot be felt in city driving ah?

Algino;968404 said:
One problem ! Cannot pump diesel at malaysia !! Cos Singapore is Europe 4 but Malaysia is europe 2 diesel !!

Just saw a msia plate F10 520d in jb on fri. Hav seen 320d oso. U sure stil cnt pump in msia?

jster;968481 said:
Just saw a msia plate F10 520d in jb on fri. Hav seen 320d oso. U sure stil cnt pump in msia?

N54toN47;968421 said:
i saw some videos online and the tiak tiak is muted in the cabin when the doors and windows are closed. Bavarian launched the 520d some time ago so i'm sure there are clean diesel pumps over on that side just dunno where...u think the efficiency cannot be felt in city driving ah?
All diesel BMW in Malaysia is without DPF. I think still can pump but DPF will need to be replaced over time. Don't ask me how much hor.

welcome onboard bro,just wondering,what is the maintenance cost difference between diesel engine and petrol engine?

Zincman;968551 said:
welcome onboard bro,just wondering,what is the maintenance cost difference between diesel engine and petrol engine?

thanks man!
most of the stuff i've read says that maintenance is easier for diesel engines and that they are longer lasting...except that the DPF must be replaced regularly? (not completely sure about the interval). i'm kindda going out on a limb cos not many diesels currently but i really believe its the way to go with its lower emissions, better consumption and energy efficiency.

N54toN47;968529 said:
No DPF!?! that's kindda nuts their gahmen dun care environment ah?
Unless their diesel move towards Euro IV, no way will DPF be installed. On the hand, it is not possible to move Euro IV diesel as it will cause inflation. So....................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetcafe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back