Waiting for my 520d!!!!

Re: Waiting for my 520d!!!!

N54toN47;968393 said:
So how! Any thoughts (bitchy or otherwise)? All are welcome.

here were mine;
1. Didn't want to go to pump every week (18km/l)
2. didn't want to pay penalties for high emissions (had a Z4 s35i previously)
3. Wanted more comfort (see no.2 above)
4. PI price is attractive compared to PML but latter doesn't have anyway
5. Better torque than 520i
6. Rave reviews from Europe, South Africa on the car
7. M Sport package;)

Hi Bro,

i am also very interested in this model.
Contemplating 520d and xf2.2d

heart say 520d but head say xf
reason being that 520d is from PI and i am worried about the warranty and servicing issue.
but 30k difference in the price , i think no matter what happened to the car in first 3 years
repair fees also wont come to this amount.(finger crossing)

btw u chose the M sport version??

marker6;971425 said:
Hi Bro,

i am also very interested in this model.
Contemplating 520d and xf2.2d

heart say 520d but head say xf
reason being that 520d is from PI and i am worried about the warranty and servicing issue.
but 30k difference in the price , i think no matter what happened to the car in first 3 years
repair fees also wont come to this amount.(finger crossing)

btw u chose the M sport version??

hey, happy to share my thoughts with you.
The jag is a good car no doubt as my sis had an XJ 3.0d LWB (handles beautifully for such a big ass car) and i also drove my friend's loan XF 2.2d (when his XJ 3.0d SWB was in the shop for panaromic roof creaking issues which my sis had too)
Big down side for me for the jag is that touch screen (which is more of a press hard screen) was really frustrating while trying to input stuff. I find all the buttons very english old school whilst trying too hard to wow with the aircon vents turning inside out, gear nob popping out etc. This could spell mechanical trouble down the road if you intend to drive it for some time. I like my cabins simple and classy, driver oriented without trying too hard to impress with the bells and whistles.

You should know that the BMW returns better mileage than the JAG and is also lower cc so you pay slightly less road tax and insurance? In terms of aftersales, Wearnes is not exactly top notch so that's definitely not a selling point for the Jag. I am also a beemer fan lah having come from the e89 with the N54. Maybe the whole Tata thing also doesn't really do it for me lol. The reviews for the 520d are really good and the F10 having been out for couple years now (since 2010?), most scary issues have been ironed out. I chose to go to an established PI which sells other BMW models to get a sense of assurance that I wouldn't be left in the lurch when problems crop up.

I must admit that the F10 is a bit of a more mature man's car and i 'm single in my mid-30s so decided to make it look a bit "younger" with the m sports edition and added the sunroof (love having light come into the cabin). Cool thing via PI is that you get to choose leather and exterior color and trim so its totally customized. The downside is the wait time of about 3-4 months. With the options i added, its OMV will be about 8k more than a regular 520i from PML? Another downside is that I will probably need to upgrade the screen to 10.2" locally but that part is cheaper to do here than to indent with the car.

Hope my 2 cents helps.

Was contemplating getting 520d in Dec but when the stock will not arrive till Jan/Feb.
Read the reviews was good and I am fine with the tiak tiak sound.
However, wife thinks she won't it and when we bought a 520i from PPSL when they were pricing it
decently during the carnival in Jan.
Since most of the time she will be driving....I gave up the idea of getting a new 520d.

publica;973365 said:
Was contemplating getting 520d in Dec but when the stock will not arrive till Jan/Feb.
Read the reviews was good and I am fine with the tiak tiak sound.
However, wife thinks she won't it and when we bought a 520i from PPSL when they were pricing it
decently during the carnival in Jan.
Since most of the time she will be driving....I gave up the idea of getting a new 520d.

You're a good husband. Im single so do whatever I want.

Do you know if can pump Malaysia diesel or not.
I read conflicting (confusing) feedback on it.
The 520d sold in Malaysia is different ? (cannot remember exactly now)

This was one of the question I was trying to find out back in Dec.

Btw, what color and interior color did you get ?

publica;973415 said:

Definitely cannot. DPF will uplorry. 520d in Msia got no DPF.

If don't believe, go to Paul tan blog & search.

got a relative driving CLS250CDI in msia,can hit more than 1000 km with full tank anytime. after a yr ,engine sound really rough,other den that,no problems at all. But when u wana sell it..big problem comes.

matrock;973454 said:
got a relative driving CLS250CDI in msia,can hit more than 1000 km with full tank anytime. after a yr ,engine sound really rough,other den that,no problems at all. But when u wana sell it..big problem comes.
Do u mean Malaysian car? If yes, not surprise as DPF is removed.

Ask your relative drive to a workshop. Get Mechanic to put the water hose into exhaust. Switch on tap & let water flows untill water is clear.

publica;973415 said:

i got a white one with everest grey interior and m sport package which comes with the hexagon trim and anthracite headliner. added sunroof too.

"The diesel engines. All BMW 5 Series Saloon diesel models come with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and impress with their refined power and superb efficiency. The latest CommonRail technology combines smoothness and economy with excellent accelerator response and revving
ability. All available models use lightweight aluminium engineering and come with a maintenance-free particle filter as standard." - from catalogue, seems DPF is maintenance free

matrock;973454 said:

i think diesel is going to catch on...considering the cost and environmental benefits. Look at Jag, Audi and VW. So resale may be an issue now but not in years to come. Europe currently sells more diesel than petrol cars. Asia is quite behind due to mindsets and inertia to change.

Yes bro , i agree that the diesel engines is gonna catch on in singapore some day .. seems like in europe the ratio of diesel cars sold and petrol are on par. For singaporean , we kinda feel that diesel in a way is inferior cause in our perception only lorries and vans used diesel. Engine noise be it petrol or diesel will get louder over years .. my 3 year old lexus is250 i also feel engine very loud compare to my friend 3 month old one..
I m all for diesel engines .. too bad lexus is only into hybrid and cost of a hybrid model is ridiculous.. i calculated if i use the price difference to be used as my diesel charges over 10 years .. i will still have some change left haha
Pardon my lousy english

marker6;973485 said:
Yes bro , i agree that the diesel engines is gonna catch on in singapore some day .. seems like in europe the ratio of diesel cars sold and petrol are on par. For singaporean , we kinda feel that diesel in a way is inferior cause in our perception only lorries and vans used diesel. Engine noise be it petrol or diesel will get louder over years .. my 3 year old lexus is250 i also feel engine very loud compare to my friend 3 month old one..
I m all for diesel engines .. too bad lexus is only into hybrid and cost of a hybrid model is ridiculous.. i calculated if i use the price difference to be used as my diesel charges over 10 years .. i will still have some change left haha
Pardon my lousy english

hey no need to apologise for bad english here!

Btw, fuel consumption for diesel is better than a hybrid so I don't see the point of that battery with an expiration date (which is higher risk) compared to a proven diesel engine.

Did you also know that diesel engines are designed to be more resilient so they last longer too?
You are right, people really have this perception that diesel is inferior because it sounds like a taxi or lorry. With such well insulated cabins nowadays, I don't see why that's an issue. Do you drive with the windows down and doors open? I don't:laughlik:

Yup .. if really cannot stand the noise can do further soundproofing to the car.. the only trade off is the 20bhp compare to is250.. but for this kind of fc i m willing to sacrifice. Just wondering whether the PI will bring in a higher end 530d or 525d.
Saw from bmw webby these will have a higher bhp but of coz fc will be higher ?
Do post a solid review when u gotten your 520d .. or can even make a video review and post on youtube then can help more of us know how cool diesel are.
Cheers

jster;968481 said:
Just saw a msia plate F10 520d in jb on fri. Hav seen 320d oso. U sure stil cnt pump in msia?

Those in Jb will come and pump in singapore....:roll:

marker6;973519 said:
Yup .. if really cannot stand the noise can do further soundproofing to the car.. the only trade off is the 20bhp compare to is250.. but for this kind of fc i m willing to sacrifice. Just wondering whether the PI will bring in a higher end 530d or 525d.
Saw from bmw webby these will have a higher bhp but of coz fc will be higher ?
Do post a solid review when u gotten your 520d .. or can even make a video review and post on youtube then can help more of us know how cool diesel are.
Cheers

Ok, really looking forward to that...will post

N54toN47;973480 said:
i think diesel is going to catch on...considering the cost and environmental benefits. Look at Jag, Audi and VW. So resale may be an issue now but not in years to come. Europe currently sells more diesel than petrol cars. Asia is quite behind due to mindsets and inertia to change.

Did you consider the Disco? If i was looking for a diesel, and not driving to malaysia, it would be a Disco..

qus;973537 said:
Did you consider the Disco? If i was looking for a diesel, and not driving to malaysia, it would be a Disco..

High consumption and high emissions leh. Not too bad looking but i'm sure handling is sacrificed and the cabin is quite stiff, plastic-ky and old fashioned. No like

N54toN47;973531 said:
Ok, really looking forward to that...will post
Don't forget to calculate the extra diesel road tax u have to pay , yes u have to pay that ON TOP of the normal road tax. Recently garment got reduce it for euroV cars. Go google " disel tax" u will find it. So in the end , u have to do ur sums carefully whether the petrol money u saved can be more den this bloody diesel tax or not

Last edited by a moderator:

matrock;973543 said:
Don't forget to calculate the extra diesel road tax u have to pay , yes u have to pay that ON TOP of the normal road tax. Recently garment got reduce abit. Go google " disel tax" u will find it

I will pay roughly about $800 on top of the $1200 for a 1995cc per year. The fuel cost savings will offset this additional diesel tax amount in 4 months. I will be saving money for the next 8 months. All calculated before buy car lor!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88zorg
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back