Wat type of rims

asther04

Hi guys,
I jus got a 320i recently. I'm reali an idiot when in comes to such stuff. Anyone can recommend rims for 320 or where i can find them?

Re: Wat type of rims

it depends u like light weight , deep dish . what color tone u like etc etc.

there are a lot of choices......

volks, bbs, dpe are some of the popular choices...

alternatively, there are also replica rims.

Actually, super lame but my focus is to beautify the car! hahaha... Okie, i will do a search on those you have mentioned. :)

asther04,
you may want to ask for the bmw 3 series accessories catalog from PML.. there's quite a few choices.. alternatively, you may search online for that. there are stores locally that have more rims that you can look and choose.

Hi hi,
I have the catalog but i'm clueless as to which one is better so wanted to see if anyone has anythin good to recommend. somethin nice on a 320 but also not too ex. At the same time, will changing the rims cause too much difference in fuel consumption / comfort etc.?

under the resources section, there are a few tyre shops, do grab some member to go with you, e.g. como so they can advise you.

fuel consumption and comfort, you will feel slight difference, depending on the type of wheel you get, be it 18, 19, lightweight, forged.. aiya too many to mention, but many other factors come into play, e.g. the distance and type of route you take everyday, whether you lead footed or not...

but prices for rubber tires do increase quite exponentially from 17 to 18, and 18 to 19.

Hi nytemare,
Thanks for the info. I was considering 19 but frens advised that it's totally out for a 320 & fuel consumption wil b crazy. So i'm reali confused abt it. I travel quite a long distance from home to town everyday & i drive around quite a bit... So... have to consider all the factors. So many ppl r advising me to change to a 17 or max a 18.

you can ask around la.. i use 19, cuz it fills up the wheel arch nicer than 17 or 18, in my opinion. not saying others with smaller wheels not nice.

oh, another thing you want to consider is if you change, you want staggered setup a not..

staggered meaning rear tyres bigger than front tyres.. also meaning you cannot rotate tyres from front to back... i'm running all round same profile.. acu is running staggered.

1 full tank on spc98 can get me at most economical 600+km.. with 50% city 50% highway i still can reach 550km or so on the one tank...

asther04;315943 said:
Hi nytemare,
Thanks for the info. I was considering 19 but frens advised that it's totally out for a 320 & fuel consumption wil b crazy. So i'm reali confused abt it. I travel quite a long distance from home to town everyday & i drive around quite a bit... So... have to consider all the factors. So many ppl r advising me to change to a 17 or max a 18.

Dont waste time and money on 17! your stock already 16?.. one up is no difference!! doesnt make any visual difference if you are thinking of looking good. 19s of'cos looks alot nicer as our wheel arches are rather big, so a big wheel fills the arch nicely.

As what nytemare mentioned thats it abt the fuel comsuption. Fuel comsuption from a 16 to 18 maybe slight diff...but if to 19s maybe slightly more. But however it also depends alot on your driving style. If you are heavy footed then of'cos you will burn more.

Tat was exactly wat i told my frens. change 16 to 17 mite as well dun change... One of my clients own a tyre shop, was quoted a good price for a 17 but i felt tat it's stupid to change & in fact, i dun even know if the rims r considered good or not.
Nytemare u mentioned ur full tank can bring u to 550km or so? Weird for me... coz i tink it only brings me to 400+ or so. I pump full tank every week & sometimes it doesnt last me a week...

you still running in? FC will improve after you run in, if not, you may want to check your engine oil, and also the air pressure in your tires, and also if you're carrying any additional weight in your car, for me, i don't carry anything besides a passenger once in awhile... boot is always empty..

and then, i very slow driver.. and i don't floor my car de... drive left lane.. get scolded for driving slow....

just ask silver.. he always have to wait for me at destination...

Already hit 6000km already le... I dun carry any additional weit & boot also empty! Hmmm...
Engine oil & air pressure? hmmmmm.... Gotta go learn how to check all these! ha.. told u i'm an idiot when it comes to car............ hahah...
Anywayz, dun believe u r a slow driver. haha..

he slow sai..

simota air intake, remus exhaust.

want to slow also very hard.

cannot catch up with everyone else from club sandy.. everytime go find sandy i leave first arrive last.. slow means slow... :p

Go for 19" sure no regret. I changed from 16" to 18" and then to 19" within 1-2 months. In term of look, FC and handling is definitely so much better than the stock 16" or 17".

But you must also prepare to pay more for a set of good tires - handling & comfort (go for CSC-3).

I saw many new rims and bmw pre-owned rims @ Ray S yesterday - great service.....

You can check out Ray S Sports Rim - Raymond 6342 2328 (10 Kaki Bukit Rd #01-41 S 416175)

zero;315996 said:
Go for 19" sure no regret. I changed from 16" to 18" and then to 19" within 1-2 months. In term of look, FC and handling is definitely so much better than the stock 16" or 17".
Thought FC worse on 19" than on 16"-17" :confused:

Very light 19", will beat stock 16-17 any time in weight and give you better FC

SC_IS;315974 said:
he slow sai..

simota air intake, remus exhaust.

want to slow also very hard.

nYteMarE, everyone knows it....... maybe it helps your FC... :lol2: :lol2:

**** Herman... faster sell ur swee swee 19" rims to asther04.... :)

milk15;316048 said:
nYteMarE, everyone knows it....... maybe it helps your FC... :lol2: :lol2:

**** Herman... faster sell ur swee swee 19" rims to asther04.... :)

Sad.
SOLD to a Z4 already...

Anyways what shawn say is true. U can get bigger rims... provided they are light weight ones.

I was on stock 17".. Went up to 19" Privat. Too heavy. FC like shyt.
So i changed rims to staggered 18" OZ racing ultra-leggera. FC and performance improved.

Hi all,
Wat about comfort wise? Did changing ur rims affect the comfort level?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back