Water condensation in LED headlights

wobbles

As some of you may know, my F13 had a serious case of water condensation in its LED Adaptive Headlights. This condensation persists for up to 48 hours after it forms.

Lights01.jpg

Lights02.jpg

For the record, I've been a repeat customer of PML's since I switched over from the Three-Pointed Star camp in Dec 2008. My first car with them was an E65 730i, the second an F02 730Li (in 2011) and the F13 arrived into my garage in March 2012. Culmulatively, with thanks to the ridiculous COE prices and the fat profit margins of PML, I've been suckered/Robert-Carrot-Topped/bushwhacked for nearly a million dollars in the space of a little more than 3 - 3.5 years.

I've always serviced my cars with PML, and, when I 'modded' my F02, it was with PML acquired 312 21" rims. Needless to say, the 'mods' I added onto my F13 were all factory fitted, PML brokered, genuine BMW parts (with more fat margins to PML, I'm sure). Everything, from the M-sport kit, to the 373M 20" wheels, to the surround/side view/top view cameras - everything from BMW, via PML. This is as loyal as a fcukwit of a customer as PML can get.

So, anyway, like a good boy scout, I raised my concerns with the car & brought it to PML to get those concerns rectified. I also specifically said to my Sales Executive (who's been faultless to date with her after service care) that I really don't want to have to bring it in again after this ONE visit. She arranged for a strawberry F10 as a courtesy car, and I booked the F13 in to get the headlights looked at.

After 2 weeks of the PML engineers fcuking around with it (and me driving the strawberry F10 courtesy car - OK, that bit, I have to admit, I enjoyed somewhat), I finally got to take the car back last Thursday, only for me to discover that PML did FCUK ALL to solve my problem.

All it took was ONE DRIVE, and the condensation and fogging and water droplets and water vapour returned with a vengeance.

Anyway, the bit of good news came in today: I received confirmation from PML's service manager that they've ordered the new headlights in from Germany, and I'll get a call as to when I can bring the 640i to get the lights changed.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thumbs up for Hendra and MA! I agree with woobles to squeeze PML shit out of it..

Re: Water condensation in LED headlights

wobbles ... your EIGHT CHAR not good with P*L lah ....
after reading your post like every car you ordered got problem ... somemore high end model
after fix headlight ... sekali ciggy plug not working ... :silenced:

Last edited by a moderator:

My F02 headlights have no condensation, not to to the extent that I have to put them in the dryer to wring them out.

I had my fair share of poor servicing from PML as well... Today I kana a new bomb from them... again... haiz....

But bro, for your headlight, see what they do when they replace the new lamp... be careful cos even for that simple installation, they also can screw up.

If it's any consolation, my headlights also got condensation.

Bro Euphoria, does yours persist even after 2 days?

Man...that sucks. Did they tell u they ordered the part before or after u complained the 2nd time ?

I haven't checked my lights...probable more I dun want to know. The only thing that really irritates me is the auto start stop. Can switch off for the ride, but it comes back again the next time u start the car.

Hearsay, can ask PML to reprogram by turn off start/stop as default setting
But sometime they don't want unless you bang table.

tanad27;799822 said:
Man...that sucks. Did they tell u they ordered the part before or after u complained the 2nd time ?

I haven't checked my lights...probable more I dun want to know. The only thing that really irritates me is the auto start stop. Can switch off for the ride, but it comes back again the next time u start the car.

wt_know;799825 said:
Hearsay, can ask PML to reprogram by turn off start/stop as default setting
But sometime they don't want unless you bang table.

Ok, this part, PML did a good job. Now, when my car starts, auto start/stop is automatically disabled - except if I toggle it down to Eco Pro mode.

Fair is fair, when they do a good job, I'll say so. When they've done bugger all, then , that deserves to be brought to attention too!

who says? go back to your PI if u have warranty and the condensation is bad

PI also provide warranty with their partner workshop right
see whether they can do it ... if not your PI workshop know nothing about BMW and only can do cibic and altis ?

tanad27;799833 said:
Mine PI so I guess I got no one to bang table with :)

Nb wobbles made me gan cheong n I just went to check on the condensation...it's gone hurhur

Funny thing is I came back NO rain but yet was surprised to see condensation. Could be the heat from the headlights vs the cool weather outside

MW;799855 said:
Nb wobbles made me gan cheong n I just went to check on the condensation...it's gone hurhur

Funny thing is I came back NO rain but yet was surprised to see condensation. Could be the heat from the headlights vs the cool weather outside

Bro, that's my POINT EXACTLY. NO RAIN, yet the condesnation is super thick and obvious. And mine lasts > 48H. How to accept? Some more super sart all LED adaptive headlights with auto high beam assist and dunno what else x-ray see thru chio bu function - but, all koyak, waterlogged one pui!

MW;799835 said:
who says? go back to your PI if u have warranty and the condensation is bad

Unless it's with TWM .... then up lorry liao

Lucky mine got no condensation. Or maybe i blur cannot even see.

wobbles;799878 said:
Bro, that's my POINT EXACTLY. NO RAIN, yet the condesnation is super thick and obvious. And mine lasts > 48H. How to accept? Some more super sart all LED adaptive headlights with auto high beam assist and dunno what else x-ray see thru chio bu function - but, all koyak, waterlogged one pui!

I feel for you man. Wait so long for the babe and then need to send back to check for that long?

How long a drive in no rain condition and the condensation happens? Would have thought sonething as mundane as lights, bmw cant get it right..

helbreath;799881 said:
Lucky mine got no condensation. Or maybe i blur cannot even see.

No bro, some cars NO such problems - my F02 no condensation, dry or wet, cats & dogs or elephants and hippopotami.

And the F02 are running on bi-xenons only, not even this first of it's kind LED junk shit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
web789betmn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back