What is the profile of a 520 driver ... in general

Spidy25 said:
This is a v sad day !

Saw a 07/01 in the paper this week, called up yesterday to view but owner not available. So I said I will arrange again today. When I called this afternoon, she said it was sold !!! :verysad:

It was only asking for $100k, negotiable. Could get around 10k depr if I get it at $95k odd. Was perfect ... but but ...

So moody now....

Try this

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info.php?cid=SFN2077X&did=1029

A really BIG thank you to Radon39 for accompanying me for a test drive over the weekend. I must say that he is indeed the BMW Car God !!! I was kind of lost while he professionally go over the details of the car for me. :oops: Took a lot of his time also, thanks Radon39 !

Too bad the 2 cars that we saw was not ideal, but I finally felt it for myself the driving experience of the Bimmer. Have never driven anything like this before.

We did find a 525 but I am a bit hesitant due to the fuel consumption 14.6l/100km = 6.8l/km and also the road tax (close to $500 more). The sales man was also saying although the hp is higher but the 525 is also heavier compared to 520, so may net off the additional hp.

Keeping my eyes open. :shock:

oh finance minister was very happy also, she said the ride was very quiet and comfy. She like the braking part, she said she for once did not feel the jerky brake (she has always been complaining abt my braking), I wonder is it BM brake differently (elctronic assist or some complex logic in the computer). Anyway she is so convince after the test drive that she said forget abt the rest. We are getting the BM. :)

Spidy25,

Yeah!

Congrats on your choice! Hope you find a good one soon!

And trust me, you will LOVE the BMW, and so will your wife!

No worries Spidy. Like I say, it is all in the camaraderie of the forum here. Glad that you finally know what the feeling is to drive a BMW..nothing like it, I say too.

Well, do hope that in the next few weeks a good offer will come your way. Dun hesitate to contact me, and I will gladly go down with you :wavey: .

Oh, please hor, i not God liao :) :) :)

Spidy25 said:
We did find a 525 but I am a bit hesitant due to the fuel consumption 14.6l/100km = 6.8l/km and also the road tax (close to $500 more). The sales man was also saying although the hp is higher but the 525 is also heavier compared to 520, so may net off the additional hp.

Hi Spidy, there will be a diff felt with the 22 extra horses. No qn abt that. I own a 525i and I have driven the 520i belonging to a friend. They are quite different. 14.6l/100km for fuel consumption is about right for a 525i. Some bros here have experienced even high fuel consumption than that.

So if your concerns are with fuel consumption and road tax and not power, then I wld agree that the 520i makes practical senses, especially when the 525i wld cost $20k more.

Dun blame me for saying this...That might be high for the car, but what about a lexus RX300?Sorri its off-topic but for comparison...It averages 6-7km per litre...A guzzler...My petrol bills are like a mountain, mind u

Spidy25 said:
oh finance minister was very happy also, she said the ride was very quiet and comfy. She like the braking part, she said she for once did not feel the jerky brake (she has always been complaining abt my braking), I wonder is it BM brake differently (elctronic assist or some complex logic in the computer). Anyway she is so convince after the test drive that she said forget abt the rest. We are getting the BM. :)

Glad that you & your wife enjoyed the ride of the UDM. :thumbsup:

Both of you might have a problem now like me & my finance minister..... due to it's ride & comfort, we don't know how to buy another car after an UDM. :silenced:

Raffles said:
Spidy25 said:

Glad that you & your wife enjoyed the ride of the UDM. :thumbsup:

Both of you might have a problem now like me & my finance minister..... due to it's ride & comfort, we don't know how to buy another car after an UDM. :silenced:

Well, just buy another UDM!!!

:)

Dealing with 2nd hand car dealer

Looks like I am quite close to getting my BM !!! Tomo, am going down with Radon39 to do a final check.

This is the 1st time I am buying a used car. Need some advice :

How much is required for deposit ? (market practise)

Do I get to choose the insurance company ? Which one is good in your opinion ? I have 50% ncd and COM, so I should look for insurance company that give 5% more for clean record right ?

Must I get a loan from the dealer or am I free to choose my own financing ?

I understand that currently DBS is not imposing the penalty for early redemption. If the dealer insist I must get the loan from their company should I walk away from the deal ? Or it is still common practise in the auto loan market on the old rule 78 ?

Re: Dealing with 2nd hand car dealer

Spidy25 said:
Looks like I am quite close to getting my BM !!! Tomo, am going down with Radon39 to do a final check.

This is the 1st time I am buying a used car. Need some advice :

How much is required for deposit ? (market practise)

Do I get to choose the insurance company ? Which one is good in your opinion ? I have 50% ncd and COM, so I should look for insurance company that give 5% more for clean record right ?

Must I get a loan from the dealer or am I free to choose my own financing ?

I understand that currently DBS is not imposing the penalty for early redemption. If the dealer insist I must get the loan from their company should I walk away from the deal ? Or it is still common practise in the auto loan market on the old rule 78 ?

On deposit, no hard and fast rule. The dealer will want a high deposit to lock u in. It is for u to resist that by giving excuses like salary not in yet etc. I think anything between $500 to $1000 is reasonable.

If u are buying your car from a dealer, he will in all likelihood want u to take loan and insurance thru him as he gets a commission from the loan and insurance as well. If not, he may jack up the price of the car Using the agent's services is not a bad thing if his offers for the car, loan and insurance are attractive. U really need to shop around. Even 0.1% lesser interest rate is savings for u.

On insurance, almost all insurance companies will give u your 50% + 5%. AIG is competitive. There may also be a diff in premium depending on whether u want your car to be repaired at PML or the authorised workshops of the insurers. U pay more for the former.

Given all the scams going round, unless of course, the dealer is well established, I wld prefer to use my own insurance and loan broker that I have been using for years. They can explain to me the nooks and crannies for most of the packages in town.

If u need me to recommend u my broker, let me know yah. They usually give me back part of the commission they collect and they also help me bid for number plate for free. I.e. they do the admin not pay for my plate

;)

Good luck :wavey:

Type of insurance

Need some advice on which type of insurance is "better".

Do you take insurance that state u must go to the isurer list of workshop or u can choose to go back to say PML ?

AHA has 2 such plan, which is more preferred ?

BTW, ABN auto loan is monthly rest and no rule 78 penalty after 1st year ! This is the only one in the market now. Good deal.

I am getting my car tomo !!!

Yes !

I am getting my car tomo !!!

What are the thing that I must check before driving off ?

I know there is supposed to be 3 keys, anything else.

I am thinking of sending it to BVO for a check before I send to PML for my last maintenance before warranty end. Who should I be looking for in BVO ? And how much do they normally charge ?

Any of you going to BVO on Saturday ? May be can meet up ? Need some advice on what to mod... err I mean what to change. :)

So far checked the rest of the car for u...it is OK! :thumbsup:

Check u have 2 immobilizers, one valet and one wallet key

In BVO, look for Ah Wee....our normal mech, guess within the region of $30-50

and hor...dun come wif this mod mod business...i haunt u in u condo :) :)

I have looked at the X type before commiting to my 525. The X type is smail and honestly do not qualify as a Jag.

Since you are looking at a pre-owned BM and concern about driving an entry level BM, why not go for the 525 or even 530? The price difference is not that great afterall. Of course, with higher cc comes higher road tax and insurance (maybe).

IMO go for the 525. 300 cc more for road tax only.

Last but not least, welcome to the world of pure driving pleasure. :)

Radon39 said:
So far checked the rest of the car for u...it is OK! :thumbsup:

Check u have 2 immobilizers, one valet and one wallet key

In BVO, look for Ah Wee....our normal mech, guess within the region of $30-50

and hor...dun come wif this mod mod business...i haunt u in u condo :) :)

Mod is good for health..

:thumbsup:

look whos tokking.....the modless creature before he got his Ob-iang-IT or wat u call it :) :laughlik:

Radon39,

^%&#$*#)
:furious:

Spidy25

Congratulations! Hope your new ride isn't keeping you in the garage through the wee hours of the morning with a terry cloth in tow.

Cheri-O

Which service centre to go ? Alexandra or East Coast ?

Identified potential problem (do you think PML will fix these under warranty ?):
1. Steering got "click" sound and "heavy" (compare to the other that I test drive)
2. When reverse side mirror point down but never point back up again after. Intermitten problem, some time ok sometime it stay at downward pointing.
3. RHS passenger window close with a "click" sound while the other windows are quiet.

Questions :
Is it normal when we accelerate from stationary that the fuel consumption meter on the dial go to the max for around 3-5 sec?

What is the price for brake pad and rotors. Is it a must to change Rotors with brake pad ? What is the typical price for these items ?

What type of service should I be doing at 44k ? Inspection 1 and micro-filter was done Jan 04.

Beside the car "drinking" petrol like there is no tomorrow the ride is wonderful. Top up full tank and after one day already drop from max to 50. quick scary. Any tip on how to drive it "efficiently" ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back