What is the profile of a 520 driver ... in general

See replies:

Go alexandra, pik me up first and we have kopi at Alexandra :)

Questions :
Is it normal when we accelerate from stationary that the fuel consumption meter on the dial go to the max for around 3-5 sec?
- YEs, just keep that foot light, ur gear is changing that is why the max fuel consumption

What is the price for brake pad and rotors. Is it a must to change Rotors with brake pad ? What is the typical price for these items ?
- Ratio is 2 changes of pads to one rotor, and 2 front to 1 rear. I jus got my pads from a fren, who supplies BMW pads, and chnged it yes at BVO

What type of service should I be doing at 44k ? Inspection 1 and micro-filter was done Jan 04.
- U shld be goin in for normal oil change. suggest you do this ur last one at PML and follow up at BVO after

Beside the car "drinking" petrol like there is no tomorrow the ride is wonderful. Top up full tank and after one day already drop from max to 50. quick scary. Any tip on how to drive it "efficiently" ?
- Be like me, leave for offi cea t0615, drive wif air-con off... :laughlik: Avoid jams and guess, cruise more lor...oh, and keep that foot light :wavey:

generally the lower gears like gear 1 drinks petrol. get up to speed, keep it constant and consumption will settle down at about 10 or below.

any form of acceleration will give you higher fuel consumption.

change your rotors only when you hit the minimal required thickness to save some money. it is not necessary to change more frequently than that. for brake pads, there's no need to change them if your pad indicator is not lighted up.

Body price of e39 520i at the 5th year?

ANybody know what is the range of prices for the body of a e39 520i?
My car will be reaching 5 years in a couple of months...

THanks
Olympian

Fuel consumption

my e39 520 i fuel consumption is about 11.7/100km.

Is that normal?

This is a 2.0 l engine.

Cheers all.
Mr.O

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663