where is all the 130i owner?

Re: where is all the 130i owner?

I use EBC Redstuff which I really like. No noise, Low/no dust, high temp. But slightly high wear on Rotors.

talking abt high wear rate of rotors...I also read that while OEM pads produce more brake dust, they are softer on the rotors and thus wear rate is lower...

the EBC stuff is harder and thus produce less brake dust but then your rotors will have "hot spots", meaning warping and wear out faster..there have been reports tat they will wear out after 20k to 30k km after installing EBC. Pads are cheap while rotors are expensive to replace.

So my qn is... how? lower brake dust but rotor wear out faster OR remain OEM pads with lots of brake dust but no need to/may not need to change rotors

I like the brake feel of the pads, and they are really quite clean. I don't mind the trade off having to change the rotor slightly earlier. Even stock systems will sometimes warp before their life it's over and it's more economical to replace than to skim and refit anyways.

MW;919855 said:
talking abt high wear rate of rotors...I also read that while OEM pads produce more brake dust, they are softer on the rotors and thus wear rate is lower...

the EBC stuff is harder and thus produce less brake dust but then your rotors will have "hot spots", meaning warping and wear out faster..there have been reports tat they will wear out after 20k to 30k km after installing EBC. Pads are cheap while rotors are expensive to replace.

So my qn is... how? lower brake dust but rotor wear out faster OR remain OEM pads with lots of brake dust but no need to/may not need to change rotors
IMHO - only 3 options... change the disc and brake pads, otherwise stay with OEM pads... or just don't think too much, go with gut feel :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree! All the little enhancements I did, such as the Birds B-road suspension kit, bushing inserts and roll bars were for feel, and in combination made a real difference.

opvaulet;920132 said:
Agree! All the little enhancements I did, such as the Birds B-road suspension kit, bushing inserts and roll bars were for feel, and in combination made a real difference.

whats the damage for the redstuff?? :) whole set??

KeiHiN;920197 said:
whats the damage for the redstuff?? :) whole set??

Hi Lttleluki

I am the black 130 tink i have seen your nice ride..

when;s there a meet-up?

wahaha, finally met up with my evil twin at the same carpark. how zhun is that! ok the rest, wanna meet up mai? say like long liao...zzz

racerha;924148 said:
Hi Lttleluki

I am the black 130 tink i have seen your nice ride..

when;s there a meet-up?

littleluki;926494 said:
last i went to j4c, brought my own oil. but they have "corkage" charges...

luke so Amos they all good lar???

wat oil u buy and wats the damage in total??

littleluki;926494 said:
last i went to j4c, brought my own oil. but they have "corkage" charges...

yup most W/shop will apply corkage if bring own oil. boss/MS apply also but importantly they must do a decent job

else no point going to them. i use ELF w40 oil 2 4L btl ;

so remaining 1L feed my former evil neighbour's withering tree that keeps dropping leaves & flower on my porch :laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:

opvaulet;920132 said:

Opvaulet, u order the kit direct fr Bird's auto or thru local W/shop?

Reading the article on how they do A-B testing on OEM 130 M-sport vs Bird's B1 is great.

Reminds me of how fr oem 18's on runflats to federal 595's (not a great tire i know) but definite improvement.

Then i went on 19's w CSC 5's, grip improved but larger rims meant poorer FC & harsher ride w lower profile rubbers.

Ditching that & going w forged/PPS/17's was by far the best compromise to date. Only concern perhaps when going for bling BBK later on might be limited to options w max 330mm rotor size.

Hi egg2,

i bought direct from Kevin Bird, and so did a few of my friends for their e90/92’s. it is very well sorted for our roads, and terrific for B roads up north. The transformation, in combination with uprated Antiroll bars and non-rft 225/45/17 sq compared to stock is astounding. I recently took part in the M135i launch event and while its brilliant, I still like my set up immensely.

Happy to show you anytime.

so wats the damage then???

opvaulet;933906 said:
Hi egg2,

i bought direct from Kevin Bird, and so did a few of my friends for their e90/92’s. it is very well sorted for our roads, and terrific for B roads up north. The transformation, in combination with uprated Antiroll bars and non-rft 225/45/17 sq compared to stock is astounding. I recently took part in the M135i launch event and while its brilliant, I still like my set up immensely.

Happy to show you anytime.

It cost a lot less than a new car! I bought more than 2 years ago so Not sure about current price but it should be on their website along with the reviews.

I would like to share my latest DIY project...customized airscoop.

Material: Aluminium sheet (Double layer)
Finish: High temp black matte spray

Does it work? For 6 bucks, even if it doesn't, satisfaction level is very high. And yes, it does give a little more air during high RPM, not so easily out of breath. I'll post a pic of it in my car later.

CustomiseAirscoop_zps307b2d13.jpg

Similar scoops were helpful to mine. Just helped it a little at very high speeds (as opposed to just at high revs) when I was at Sepang.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back