Re: .......... Which brand of petrol ??

VPower !!!

Kerosese!!!!!!

v power or esso 8000

dimitrios;243088 said:
V -Power 100 octanes is more than average.

V-power has 100 octane level?

I only use unleaded 98 all my life. Can't comment on this

Try Shell V Power Racing,E 46 will fly. I used this brand to my previous Compact 316ti.

call me cheap but i'm happy with the economy i'm getting with spc. haha.

It all depends on the nature of engine u are using. Previously i used to run SPC98 with my old 320i and i was happy with it. On my 335, i tried running on it. I review my cars ECU fault memory very closely and i got my knocking sensors activated meaning that the engine had to reduce power to allow it to use the gas. I never used SPC after that and only use Shell 98 and V Power only. But on my 335, i got alot more mileage with V-power than even Shell 98. This is what i have experienced so far. Never EVER use SPC petrol for TC cars, especially if you are running high boost. Applicable to SC cars too..

thanks for the note! well, my lowly 320 won't have much trouble with SPC then. haha.

nYteMarE;243173 said:
call me cheap but i'm happy with the economy i'm getting with spc. haha.

The matter is not to pay less or more. E90-N46 engines perform better using 99-100 octanes.:)

woa my 330 running on spc 95 always..i was thinking of 92 but after reading this i think i should just stick to 95 haha

This is an interesting thread. I was educated some time ago of the following points, but not sure if they are correct. Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. The different petrol grades are essentially different octane levels (92, 95, 98). You should use the minimum grade that your car requires. Most saloons today are 95.

2. Getting a higher grade doesn't improve your ride.

3. V-power is not 100 octane. It is impossible to acheive that.

So bro here who know better, please educate me on the above, thanks.

By the way, E60 running on 98 enough? :)

dont use 92 octane, i wont even use that crap in my lawn mower. At the very least use 95. The 335 guys should use 98 or Vpower equivalent.

Some people, especially turbo cars could have trouble with Optimax fouling plugs.

it is possible to get 100 octane fuel, just not at a service station. In the old days, we had to go to the local airport with a bunch of empty drums to get it!! Now, if you really want it, gotta buy racing fuel like VP ir similar.

I used shell 98 n my neighbour's 6 series overtook me...&*%%^#%@*^%&^#$&

Now my matahcia is addicted to V power, now my neighbour's 6 series scared of me...hehe

Its not a lot of diff lah in cost of fuel vs your car price and other maintainence hiadees, just use V power. Drive car must drive shiok mah. The acceleration is much much better, like car on steroids! Esp when u floor the throttle...woow

is caltex platinum equivalent or better than V Power?

i think dimitrios is talking about Europe. It is quite mainstream in UK, at least, to get 100 octane RON.

Actually what's the exact price differential between the different octanes? Assuming 63-litre tank, how much is the price difference per full tank?

If I am not wrong, the difference between Shell 98 and V-Power is only about $5 per full tank...... and assuming you do 8 times top-up in a month, it will only be $40 per month !!! That's nothing compare to frequent oil change and heightened maintenance......

kenntona;243458 said:
Actually what's the exact price differential between the different octanes? Assuming 63-litre tank, how much is the price difference per full tank?

If I am not wrong, the difference between Shell 98 and V-Power is only about $5 per full tank...... ..

From this perspective, you just convinced me that I should go on V-power... Thanks!:yummie:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back