.......... Which brand of petrol ??

Re: .......... Which brand of petrol ??

merkava74;243466 said:
From this perspective, you just convinced me that I should go on V-power... Thanks!:yummie:

From My experience, Vpower for normal cars dont give u good mileage. POwer is there but not fantastic FC. On my 335i, i realised Vpower gives the best mileage and power even ahead of 98 interms of FC. Even 98 itself is good enough. u should try both and see. Try to maintain ur Consumption per litre for 2 full tanks of diff petrol. That was u will know which serves u best.

kenntona;243458 said:
Actually what's the exact price differential between the different octanes? Assuming 63-litre tank, how much is the price difference per full tank?

If I am not wrong, the difference between Shell 98 and V-Power is only about $5 per full tank...... and assuming you do 8 times top-up in a month, it will only be $40 per month !!! That's nothing compare to frequent oil change and heightened maintenance......

Thats why. $40-50 cannot even get u a Zharng Jui(Highline type).

Ahbengdriver said:
Thats why. $40-50 cannot even get u a Zharng Jui(Highline type).
Yep. Put it into perspective, some will lose to Singapore Pools a much bigger amount each week, and some could not even tip a foreign talent at Sar Lau with that amount......

kenntona;243458 said:
If I am not wrong, the difference between Shell 98 and V-Power is only about $5 per full tank...... and assuming you do 8 times top-up in a month, it will only be $40 per month !!! That's nothing compare to frequent oil change and heightened maintenance......
sorry kenn, can elaborate a bit on heightened maintenance? did u mean that frequent use of fuel less than 98 would raise that? i'm on shell 98 btw...tks

gadgets;243757 said:
sorry kenn, can elaborate a bit on heightened maintenance? did u mean that frequent use of fuel less than 98 would raise that? i'm on shell 98 btw...tks

What kenn means is monthly petrol vs monthly maintaince i.e oil change etc.

even if you don't change oil all so regularly, kenn is stating $40/mth compared to other bigger items ur car needs. I guess la, this is what he meant.

gadgets said:
Not what I meant.

I was saying instead of putting $$$ into better engine oil and better servicing and what not, might as well pump "better" petrol.

It could be a state of mind in acquring a sense of comfort, but the incremental costs per month is about a meal at Crystal Jade for 2 pax. Minimal.

Depends very much on the compression ratio of your chamber. 335i would benefit a lot more from V-power than us.

shaaz said:
What kenn means is monthly petrol vs monthly maintaince i.e oil change etc.

even if you don't change oil all so regularly, kenn is stating $40/mth compared to other bigger items ur car needs. I guess la, this is what he meant.
Yep, you read my mind.

$40 cannot buy 2 drinks at Thumper, can you? Hahahahahahaha........

you should try caltex platinium... kinda like it.

I'm always btwn 98 and caltex platinium.... don't know why .. haha.

shaaz;243767 said:
on 98?....

no, on anything less. Given the heat in Singapore. You may get by with 95 on a 4 cylinder car. But for any peformance type, M3, 335 etc, has to be 98 right. The fact that a car like a BMW, or porche, or maserati, or whatever costs us a fair chunk of change, why would you put anything less than the best your car could have in it?

Like i said, i wouldnt even put 92 in my lawn mower, i bet any car on that would rattle the pistons to death. An as Ken stated, why spend big bucks on say engine oil, then put crap fuel in your car? whats 5 bucks a week versus a total engine rebuild?

kenntona;243766 said:
Not what I meant.

I was saying instead of putting $$$ into better engine oil and better servicing and what not, might as well pump "better" petrol.

It could be a state of mind in acquring a sense of comfort, but the incremental costs per month is about a meal at Crystal Jade for 2 pax. Minimal.
tks for clarifying. agree. which is why i have not used 95 altho it shd run quite decently. after reading this thread, i'm getting the urge to pamper it with vpower once a while :)

Shell V Power Racing 100 octanes is commonly selling at Shell gas stations all over Europe.Following two full tanks you see "things" happening : better acceleration,4klh. more as max. speed and of course,money,accelerating faster from your wallet.

Is it necessary for a yr 2000 318 to pump power 98? I dont find it necessary ...i feel that power 95 is more than enough. Need those opinions ... Thanks!

depends how you drive you car, if like grandma, then 95 is ok. If like to leadfoot on the loud pedal, use 98.

phil;307401 said:
depends how you drive you car, if like grandma, then 95 is ok. If like to leadfoot on the loud pedal, use 98.

So in actual fact, power 95 is more than enuff for daily usage ... will it cause any damage to the engine ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back