.......... Which brand of petrol ??

Re: .......... Which brand of petrol ??

malaysia Vpower the best lahh. cheap and goood. oh can try petronas also. BMW Sauber F1 team is using petronas. their cars can fly man. hahahahaha

benji ben;307680 said:
malaysia Vpower the best lahh. cheap and goood. oh can try petronas also. BMW Sauber F1 team is using petronas. their cars can fly man. hahahahaha

I think if BMW sauber stop using Petronas, they ll probably win more podiums:laughlik:

HAHAHAHAHA

ABD, you got a point there.

n517179341_381716_3965.jpg

n517179341_381718_4948.jpg

n517179341_381714_2960.jpg

per Gallon :p

it seems vpower got more hype than caltex platinum...

vpower sucks imo. fouls plugs really easily.

which brand gives best discount now? seems at most only 10% ...miserable. my N52B has downgraded to 95

I find that the best discount now is Esso/Mobil with the Citibank Dividend Platinum card. On top of the 10% station discount (5% station + 5% for Smiles Rewards members), you get a 3% rebate (ExxonMobil promo with Citibank cards) plus another 5% cashback (with any petrol chain on the Dividend card). But I believe the 3% rebate and 5% cashback is on the amount after the 10% discount.

sjlim;308051 said:
I find that the best discount now is Esso/Mobil with the Citibank Dividend Platinum card. On top of the 10% station discount (5% station + 5% for Smiles Rewards members), you get a 3% rebate (ExxonMobil promo with Citibank cards) plus another 5% cashback (with any petrol chain on the Dividend card). But I believe the 3% rebate and 5% cashback is on the amount after the 10% discount.

i think smiles discount is already inclusive so only 10%

lost_soul;307270 said:
Is it necessary for a yr 2000 318 to pump power 98? I dont find it necessary ...i feel that power 95 is more than enough. Need those opinions ... Thanks!

your car manual most prob recommends a 97 at least so its 98 in Singapore...

Danng;308603 said:
caltex platinum best
Have tried Esso 95, SPC...

Recently switched to Caltex... and it was much smoother-revving ..to the extent that I am becoming more "trigger"happy..
today ..read a thread in BMW malaysia with similar experience...

So .. Try once and see for yourself...

has anyone done the placebo test?

I did it with some friends.... an realise that nobody could tell the difference between 95, 98 and Vpower on a E90 / 320i

henry2703;387506 said:

I did it with some friends.... an realise that nobody could tell the difference between 95, 98 and Vpower on a E90 / 320i
you'd tell under load. The timing retardation only comes under load. So either fast acceleration or when 5 ppl plus luggage in car. easiest felt in an MPV!

henry2703;387506 said:

Hard to do a placebo test leh...

Placebo means dont know what fuel is inside when you test drive.. but for most of us.. the guys are the ones pumping the fuel ..so we already know the brands.....

I suggest just test drive with a few brands and trust your instincts...

of course we did that placebo test not on ourselves lah... hahaah

but i have to admit... there was no other loan other than the driver of the car. so perhaps with enough load, the difference might be more "visible"

on the other hand, i have been using 95 for my 320 since day one. i tried switching around... can't tell as well, hence i am still with 95... the difference is not much, but with the $5 accumulated over the life of the car, it can be quite a bit.. at least for me.

BTW, how come petrol price hasn't dropped ar ? Nymex crude is like 40% off their highs already but this is not in line with our pump prices. For me, when driving my mazda3, can tell the different between 95 and 98. 95 car cannot move and gotta keep stepping on the gas, and in the end, use more petrol.

Petronas is the best la..

anyone know what octane level esso F1 in malaysia is?

In our case (me and wife)...we thought as long as it is of the same Octane level, it doesn't matter which brand it comes from...of all the experiences we have had for the past 10 yrs of driving experiences in Singapore and on 6 different car makes/models...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back