Which engine oil do you prefer

Re: Which engine oil do you prefer

just curious, why are you so passionate about Carlube? are you a very satisfied customer only or do you have some vested interest in the company?

i mean no offense, just wondering since all 3 posts that you have made pertain to the promotion of Carlube.

Hello Louise

I don't know this guy but having read up loads on oil and been kapoing in several forums.... I find Carlube is the cheapest group III "synthetic" we can buy here in SG Land ;-)

Don't think this guy has any vested interest in that company.... probably just sharing a lobang that has been going on in MCF for some time now.

Got my 6 speed manual.... now I know what you mean.... 1st to 2nd is not as slick as from 3rd up-wards or from 6th down to 3rd. ;-)

Achtung

good stuff,

give your tranny some time to loosen up, but don't expect miracles. i've 15000km already, and it still gets notchy. there are times when i can't even get from neutral into 1st at traffic lights so i have to move off from 2nd.

if you don't give a crap about voiding warranty or what your manual says about lifetime tranny fluid, i hear from overseas forums that changing transmission fluid helps with the notchiness.

for me, i'm gonna ask the csa to check it out during my 1st oil service. hopefully he'll replace it, along with a new clutch... hehe.

by the way, its LOUIS, not louisE.

louis said:
good stuff,

give your tranny some time to loosen up, but don't expect miracles. i've 15000km already, and it still gets notchy. there are times when i can't even get from neutral into 1st at traffic lights so i have to move off from 2nd.

if you don't give a crap about voiding warranty or what your manual says about lifetime tranny fluid, i hear from overseas forums that changing transmission fluid helps with the notchiness.

for me, i'm gonna ask the csa to check it out during my 1st oil service. hopefully he'll replace it, along with a new clutch... hehe.

by the way, its LOUIS, not louisE.

Sorry for getting your name wrong.

Yes, the manual is good stuff :) Its the best "mod" and other yummies will be easier to do later :yummie: :lol2:

Lifetime tranny? Erh... I rather be safe than sorry... used to change my gearbox oil every 20,000km and brake fluid every year. Was using Motul then. I believe that oil will shear so its always good to change.

I was about to send in my car for an oil change and was considering the type of oil to change. Since my is a 1992 E36, was looking at 5W-50 or 15W-50 oil.

I was comparing prices at a few shops and happen to bump into a shop that offers Mobil 1 Supersync at just S$66 for 4x 1 Ltr. It is parallel imported from US. This is probably one of the cheapest place for Mobil 1 Supersync. Thought I pass this lobang along to benefit those of you Mobil 1 fans. The shop is diagonally across from Eminent Plaze along Lavendar St - the row of old shop houses. Can't recall the shop name.

MOTUL 300V Chrono 10W40
- only double ester based engine oil
- All round use, designed to stabilise & maintain oil pressure & also provide quick response.
- Compatible with a wide selection of engines - naturally aspirated, high torque turbo & cars that produce average to high levels of exhaust fumes

Deadkookaburra said:
MOTUL 300V Chrono 10W40
- only double ester based engine oil
- All round use, designed to stabilise & maintain oil pressure & also provide quick response.
- Compatible with a wide selection of engines - naturally aspirated, high torque turbo & cars that produce average to high levels of exhaust fumes

Ive been using Carlube 5W-40 Fully Synth 5LTR currently having Promotion @ Carrefour

Torco Racing engine oils

Hi All,

If you're looking for Torco Racing engine oil and MPZ, please let me know... I'm currently being appointed as a reseller for this oil by UM2 Performance Tuning. I am having some difficulties advertising here so if you're keen to purchase the products, please let me know.

I'm contactable at the followings:
Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Mobile: 90079509

Thanks and looking forward to your orders soon.

snowman;39005 said:
seems like its really very good. where can we get them???

==> Hi snowman, if you're still looking for Torco Racing engine oil, please let me know. I have been appointed by UM2 to be the reseller for the said oil. Thanks and looking forward to your orders.

precurser;89107 said:
Where else can I get torco racing oil besides sungei kadut? Very out of the way.

==> Hi precurser, if you're still looking for Torco Racing engine oil, please let me know. I have been appointed by UM2 to be the reseller for the said oil. Thanks and looking forward to your orders.

mistraele;89542 said:
anyone have the contact no. for torco distributer? car is coming up for service soon.

==> Hi mistraele, if you're still looking for Torco Racing engine oil, please let me know. I have been appointed by UM2 to be the reseller for the said oil. I'm contactable at the followings:

Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Mobile: 90079509

Thanks and looking forward to your orders.

satinGHOST|r!der;89077 said:
i swear By HKS Racing Oils.
Wonder if HKS is suitable for N54 turbo engine and what's the spec _W50?
is it 6 litres for E93 335i?
Thanks bro.

tomace;630259 said:
They have for turbo rides. I think its call "HKS super turbo racing 10W50"

Cheers~ :)

dat is correct!

and u need abt 7L for the E93 335i

torco racing oil for the win!! :)

Latest posts

Members online