Worth buying new F10 523 from PI?

Centurion9990

Tried searching but couldn't find any discussion on this. Went to turf city to see see look look and by chance saw the PI selling new F10 523. Info I got is they are from 2 countries. Hong Kong and UK. Specs are Hong Kong Model is a 2.5L premium model with sunroof and boot autoshut etc and UK is a 3L engine but basic model. Price quoted was 190k for HK model and 5 years warrenty. Beginning of the year PML quoted me 523 for 220k when the COE spiked. If PML's price still stays now, thats a freaking 30k saving!!! worth buying and reliable to get from PI???

Re: Worth buying new F10 523 from PI?

Centurion9990;586714 said:
Tried searching but couldn't find any discussion on this. Went to turf city to see see look look and by chance saw the PI selling new F10 523. Info I got is they are from 2 countries. Hong Kong and UK. Specs are Hong Kong Model is a 2.5L premium model with sunroof and boot autoshut etc and UK is a 3L engine but basic model. Price quoted was 190k for HK model and 5 years warrenty. Beginning of the year PML quoted me 523 for 220k when the COE spiked. If PML's price still stays now, thats a freaking 30k saving!!! worth buying and reliable to get from PI???

whats the asking price from PML?

cheers

my2sons;586771 said:
bro, pml price is $205k before trade in, cheers

$205k from PML cannot be the Highline edition. So it will come without folding mirrors and a few other nice stuff. The Highline is $220k+ IIRC.

You might want to try some of the site sponsors here.. think the haidees here would have more experience with those. Pricing should be around the same ba.

I think worth it to buy from pi or not is a subjective question
You should weigh the cost saving against your comfort level without warranty from pml
For some who are pissed off by their after sales service and knows few reliable workshop outisde then pi is the way to go

PI from HK sounds like a good deal....as highline from AD is listed around 225+.

5 year warranty somemore....do you know by who?

Jason8822;586790 said:
I think worth it to buy from pi or not is a subjective question
You should weigh the cost saving against your comfort level without warranty from pml
For some who are pissed off by their after sales service and knows few reliable workshop outisde then pi is the way to go

Haha reliable workshop got plenty lor. Boss, Juzz For Cars, BVO, R2D, etc. Warranty is another matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

pls forget PML... the sell and they forget...once u pen down...thats it...u r on ur own

I believe PI cars are harder to bring into Singapore now because obviously PML and/or BMW Asia must have seen the amount of parallels incoming and are losing alot of $$$$$. So they cry foul and complain to BMW Ag. Of course not to say that it is impossible to get PI cars, it's just harder. There are ways around it obviously. I am telling you for the amount the OMV of the new F10 is, the pricing from PML is clearcut robbery.Of course, to most its a matter of paying until you realize that with same time window, F10 owners will lose definitely more than the E60 owners of the same time frame.

satinGHOST|r!der;586899 said:
I believe PI cars are harder to bring into Singapore now because obviously PML and/or BMW Asia must have seen the amount of parallels incoming and are losing alot of $$$$$. So they cry foul and complain to BMW Ag. Of course not to say that it is impossible to get PI cars, it's just harder. There are ways around it obviously. I am telling you for the amount the OMV of the new F10 is, the pricing from PML is clearcut robbery.Of course, to most its a matter of paying until you realize that with same time window, F10 owners will lose definitely more than the E60 owners of the same time frame.

Yah, 523 sell at 225k+ and then OMV is only $45k. SIAO
Mine was 175k and OMV was $52k liao

Daylight robbery

MW;586918 said:
Yah, 523 sell at 225k+ and then OMV is only $45k. SIAO
Mine was 175k and OMV was $52k liao

Daylight robbery

Back in 2005, my PML E90 had OMV of 42K, and selling price of 132K. Dealer's margin worked out just under 20K. Obscene, but just about bearable in my books.

In 2009, I self-imported a new Boxster with OMV of 81K, and spent

I bought mine from Turf City 3 months ago. Its a 2.5L sunroof model, came with 3 years TWM warranty.

So far so good. If you are worried about maintenance, BVO's Autologic diagnostic tool has updated software for the F10, so diagnosis / troubleshooting should not be a problem i guess.

The PI I bought from is quite honest and efficient. I can PM you his contact if you want.

Hope this helps.

Centurion9990;586714 said:

Few considerations:

(1) Selling price vs OMV ratio - if OMV too low, the selling price must be proportionately low.....
(2) Discount from AD - if the discount is below 15-20%, forget it.
(3) Selling price in absolute terms - car must be "expensive". A 20% discount on $1 is only 20 cents, but a 20% discount on a $1m is $200K
(4) Specs - be very sure the specs are similar and compatible. You dun wanna have weird GPS languages in your car.
(5) Warranty issues - who's giving the support? The last thing you want, is a Toyota shop doing maintenance for your F10 for the next few years.

I have just got my F10 from PML 3weeks ago. My advise is never to buy from any PI:

1) In case you need PML support after buying from PI, you will need to pay S$30K initial fees to PML before they will ever start talking to you and give you some difficulties here and there. I was at the PML showroom and saw a PML printed leaflet explaining this official warranty policy of PML for PI. If you visit their showroom, you should be able to get one of this leaflet at the service counter to read all the details.

2) The final effective selling price of F10 between PI and PML is at most S$20K different. If you are still looking so hard at this S$20K money, I think F10 may not be your comfortable target. Driving BMW, especially F10 and above, is all about throwing money into the drain for that extra lifestyle. Its very expensive every month and stingy me is still coming to term if I have made the correct commitment. So, if you do not have a deep pocket, better stay on dry land. Expensive BMW will give you that extra lifestyle comfort but the heavy financing could make your undies feel cold and wet if you do not have that kind of pocket.

3) F10 from PI and PML is different product. For PI, I heard there are UK spec (for four sessions) and Hong Kong Spec (for asia hot climate). I asked PI if there will be Park Assist feature, they replied they will never bring in any of these complicated/advance features. For the Hong Kong Spec, I asked PI if it comes with keyless entery and they NO! I must say the keyless entery feature is very high value to me and perhape also to many other potiential buyers. From this point onward, I seriously started to doubt the car spec of PI and need not ask any further.

4) Different service. Take note that you are not simply buying a physical car. You are actually buying a Driving Experience. The physical car is just 50% of the total experience. There other 50% will comes from the total service such as the sales service (PML never worry about getting COE or whats the COE price....I think they get the COE supply first before selling their cars). You will have alot of issues with PI for COE alone. How about the after sales service? Have you read about that BMW mobile service...in case your new car breakdown in Malaysia....PML will arrange/pay for your transportation to continue your jorney, hotel stay if they cannot repair your car in 4hours...etc? Please read from PML website as I am not their staff.
O yes, if you talk to a PI salesman about F10 service support, they will surely say no problem, very good.....etc and you will have to put your guards down to trust him. Well, if something is real and factual, there is no need to trust in the first place.

5) Resales value. In case you were to sell your BMW in the future, potiential buyer will surely ask PI or PML? Don't you think so?

6) Statistic. There are always good reasons for something to be extreamly popular. How many BMW did PI sold vs PML? Do you think there are many PI BMW cars on the road?

The above is my point of view only. Sorry to all PI but I think you will have to solve all these problems first before customers get stuck with an expensive stuff.
Thanks
Megatron

cheepo 320 got such treatment boh ??? :D

in case your new car breakdown in Malaysia....PML will arrange/pay for your transportation to continue your jorney, hotel stay if they cannot repair your car in 4hours.

Hi
Just to share my story with my current situation with a PI at Turf City.
I'd booked a F10 528 about 3 months ago. The initial delivery date is Dec/Jan. Then it was Jan/Feb and now its Feb/Mar. They gave excuses for the delay like bad winter weather, delivery queue very long. And now, supposedly the plant in Germany is closed until mid Jan...cannot get information.

Anyone heard similar excuses? I'm tired of waiting and contemplating to cancel the order.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

megatron;603025 said:
I have just got my F10 from PML 3weeks ago. My advise is never to buy from any PI:

1) In case you need PML support after buying from PI, you will need to pay S$30K initial fees to PML before they will ever start talking to you and give you some difficulties here and there. I was at the PML showroom and saw a PML printed leaflet explaining this official warranty policy of PML for PI. If you visit their showroom, you should be able to get one of this leaflet at the service counter to read all the details.

2) The final effective selling price of F10 between PI and PML is at most S$20K different. If you are still looking so hard at this S$20K money, I think F10 may not be your comfortable target. Driving BMW, especially F10 and above, is all about throwing money into the drain for that extra lifestyle. Its very expensive every month and stingy me is still coming to term if I have made the correct commitment. So, if you do not have a deep pocket, better stay on dry land. Expensive BMW will give you that extra lifestyle comfort but the heavy financing could make your undies feel cold and wet if you do not have that kind of pocket.

3) F10 from PI and PML is different product. For PI, I heard there are UK spec (for four sessions) and Hong Kong Spec (for asia hot climate). I asked PI if there will be Park Assist feature, they replied they will never bring in any of these complicated/advance features. For the Hong Kong Spec, I asked PI if it comes with keyless entery and they NO! I must say the keyless entery feature is very high value to me and perhape also to many other potiential buyers. From this point onward, I seriously started to doubt the car spec of PI and need not ask any further.

4) Different service. Take note that you are not simply buying a physical car. You are actually buying a Driving Experience. The physical car is just 50% of the total experience. There other 50% will comes from the total service such as the sales service (PML never worry about getting COE or whats the COE price....I think they get the COE supply first before selling their cars). You will have alot of issues with PI for COE alone. How about the after sales service? Have you read about that BMW mobile service...in case your new car breakdown in Malaysia....PML will arrange/pay for your transportation to continue your jorney, hotel stay if they cannot repair your car in 4hours...etc? Please read from PML website as I am not their staff.
O yes, if you talk to a PI salesman about F10 service support, they will surely say no problem, very good.....etc and you will have to put your guards down to trust him. Well, if something is real and factual, there is no need to trust in the first place.

5) Resales value. In case you were to sell your BMW in the future, potiential buyer will surely ask PI or PML? Don't you think so?

6) Statistic. There are always good reasons for something to be extreamly popular. How many BMW did PI sold vs PML? Do you think there are many PI BMW cars on the road?

The above is my point of view only. Sorry to all PI but I think you will have to solve all these problems first before customers get stuck with an expensive stuff.
Thanks
Megatron

I hate to say this but your very 1st post in this forum:

1. your english is bad.

2. your praises of PML seem dis-proportionately higher, and most times, do not do justice to the PI route esp. when I assume that you have no prior experience with PI.

3. in the 2nd hand market, PML and PI cars make no diff if selling to an ah beng car salesman.

4. I think you haven't experience PML's service yet, good luck.

5. your english is bad and I really don't think your bad english deserves a F10.

Hi Megatron,

Thanks for sharing with us your perspective in the detailed post.

COE prices are crazy these days. At the minimum, I think PML is able to deliver the car according to the stated terms on the contract. :shakemyb:

megatron;603025 said:

Thanks
Megatron

Me too, I would rather buy from an authorised agent for peace of mind.

Let put it... This way, the most important is to get from a reputable Pl .
With proven track record! Sum it up
I wun mind getting from PL cos Pml profit too high to justify warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88cg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back