X1 - the Good & the Bad

Re: X1 - the Good & the Bad

X1 is extremely popular in europe. Other than the rattling doors, its a good car to drive

Interior is the similar to e90, not the latest generation of F10/F30. But next generation of X1 will definitely change....

i got the 18i. i feel like quite underpowered especially when over taking. But if just cruising normally it's sufficient.
The petrol consumption on my car is about 11.9l/100km. Which i thought is quite high.
Although petrol consumption so high, I pump petrol once every 2 weeks only.

I think the interior plastic are of acceptable quality. In fact bmw materials are good hence hard, which in turn create lots of creaking and rattling. Dont expect the cabin to be as quiet or refined but it's definitely great to drive. Handling superb and engine is made to last. You gain some and you lose some. Decision is yours.

After driving the X1 for a couple of months, my better half told me she is still not used to the heavy steering (at low speed) and low seating position. So she has taken over my Tiguan, and I am now stuck with the X1 - smart girl! I miss my 200hp Tiguan but slowly appreciating the X1's attributes.

Hi,

Is there a good ecu tuning shop I can bring my x1 to? Thank you!

Regards

Hello evrybody,i was thinking buying secondhand X1.Want to know more about this car?is it worthwhile to buy it? How's the maintenance $$$ if i send to PML.TK U

enuun;800095 said:
Hi,

Is there a good ecu tuning shop I can bring my x1 to? Thank you!

Regards

For tuning, boss motorsports pretty good. However, remember to ask pml not to re programme or update your chip else your tuning will be erased.

ek4auto;799884 said:
After driving the X1 for a couple of months, my better half told me she is still not used to the heavy steering (at low speed) and low seating position. So she has taken over my Tiguan, and I am now stuck with the X1 - smart girl! I miss my 200hp Tiguan but slowly appreciating the X1's attributes.

Bmw is reowned for its heavy steering. Its deliberately engineered tis way to make you feel the road better, hence enhance handling. Dont expect too much from a 150bhp engine but if you are not fussy, it should be good enough on singapore roads.

nurashburn;830405 said:
Hello evrybody,i was thinking buying secondhand X1.Want to know more about this car?is it worthwhile to buy it? How's the maintenance $$$ if i send to PML.TK U

My personal opinion. I seem to enjoy my X1 more than my previous E90. Its pretty much similar ss the last generation 3 series but i like the higher view of the X1. Interior material quality is acceptable to me, engine and handling superb. my only flaws are the doors rattling and faulty final drive, but pml managed to solve or me after some banging of tables. My friends like the X1 and complimented on the design. A SUV but drives like a sedan. Good interior space and when rear
seats folded down will give you very decent space.

Final verdict, usually X1 owners hardly complain about the car but rather the problem lies wiyh pml instead.

The new X1 sdrive 20i comes with steptronics which make the steering very light at low speed and heavy at high speed. Maybe you can consider. And with the tubor engine it is very powerful.

I agree with Snowmanyee no complain with the car itself at all but the issue with PML. And the sam with Snowmanyee again, I was driving a E90 LCI before this X1. More enjoyable now.

Just wonder if there is a High Line model of X1 1.8? I thought I have seen one X1 with High Line version on sale at the open market just once.

Tks snowmanyee and ek4auto for the information.any recommendation 2nd hand car dealer where i can buy X1.?

Hi all bro,

I have question regarding the ecu for my x1. I bought the car not too long ago, and it is a x18. I feel the power is a bit slow...and I recall one bro mentioned about boss motorsports, and the other I check is infinity projects. ... Not sure which one is good and how much... Also, are these ecu tunning increase the power and performance as per what the vendors claim it ill deliver? Any bro can share their experience?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I got mine tuned at monster-tune. U can find them under the cocoworld thread in the sponsers section. FC now 550 full tank city driving mostly. I hit expressway only on weekends. Low-end is very good and I have gone back to PML for servicing with no issues.

Cheers

thank you bro Enuun. can you pm me how much it cost and also, whether u feel the increase in power (20%) as mentioned in the monste-tune website? :)

Anyone here had tuned N20 tubor engine for s20i?

Bro whiteonblack, I read somewhere the juice box is not that good...power box is better if taking from boss motorsports...

am thinking of bro Enuun suggestion to get the monster-tune. Talked to Alvin yesterday and he patiently answered all my qs. But wifey says no...just for all bro info, currently got promo and will end 31 aug 2012.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garuda138
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back