19" or 18" rims? Which tyres?

Re: 19" or 18" rims? Which tyres?

Helfizad;855210 said:
if i change my stock tyre (rft) and rim to other conventional type for E90... the front and back rim size must follow the original spec?

Are u concern with the costs ?

For what purpose ?

manggi12 said:
19" tyres too thin, try 20" , better and comfort

Care to explain?

Helfizad said:
if i change my stock tyre (rft) and rim to other conventional type for E90... the front and back rim size must follow the original spec?

Not necessarily, since the new tyres are non-RFTs and can have different widths/aspect ratios.

Hi bros,

Juz to share, juz changed my stock 17" to Bmw Style 95 19" staggered... My feel is:

Ride comfort - no change
Pick up - seems better (maybe pyschological)
FC - yet to find out
Looks - 1000% up!

Only setback - might be the tire costs.

But of course, tires cannot save, must spend.

In short, i juz luv how the 19" transformed my car looks...

Last edited by a moderator:

kyeong;864767 said:
Hi bros,

Juz to share, juz changed my stock 17" to Bmw Style 95 19" staggered... My feel is:

Ride comfort - no change
Pick up - seems better (maybe pyschological)
FC - yet to find out
Looks - 1000% up!

Only setback - might be the tire costs.

But of course, tires cannot save, must spend.

In short, i juz luv how the 19" transformed my car looks...

If using the same tyres, and both are the same type of material for the rims... (i.e. both forged or not forged)...

Ride comfort sure lousier... cos now your tyre profile is thinner, the ride will be more harsh.

Pickup also cfm lousier... cos 19" wheels are heavier... plus now you are using a wider tyres at the rear, u are encountering more friction... So unless u have been losing traction all these while, a 255 vs a 225 (or anything) is just gonna make ur pickup worse...

But your cornering will be better, so will your braking (cos more grip)

FC will go down... due to the increased weight and also more rolling resistance now...

Since the profile is now thinner, you might not notice the effect of the sidewalls... So even with tyres with weak sidewall, your turn in and "in the turn" will not be so vastly affected by lousy sidewalls...

manggi12;854854 said:

?????

20" will be thinner lor.....

manggi12;854854 said:

Actually 25" the best. The thickest, besteat and most comfortest..

C3P0;864811 said:
Actually 25" the best. The thickest, besteat and most comfortest..

you think Gardening truck???

* front 18ins rear 19ins best............
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hijack this thread , looking to buy 19" rims and tyres , for my current e90 prefl ,

Saw this at the site sponsor, looks damn chio but I doubt it might fit my ride :(

What's the specs of rims and tyres for my ride and which tyres are generally reccomended?

(possibly selling off my 18" rims too on this forums, bad pic, car is not within my reach now hahaha )

Last edited by a moderator:

share share... i notice if i pump ard 220.. ride still quite the same..

but last nite i trial 250 - 270, ride harshness becomes obvious...

Seraphblade;864790 said:
If using the same tyres, and both are the same type of material for the rims... (i.e. both forged or not forged)...

Ride comfort sure lousier... cos now your tyre profile is thinner, the ride will be more harsh.

Pickup also cfm lousier... cos 19" wheels are heavier... plus now you are using a wider tyres at the rear, u are encountering more friction... So unless u have been losing traction all these while, a 255 vs a 225 (or anything) is just gonna make ur pickup worse...

But your cornering will be better, so will your braking (cos more grip)

FC will go down... due to the increased weight and also more rolling resistance now...

Since the profile is now thinner, you might not notice the effect of the sidewalls... So even with tyres with weak sidewall, your turn in and "in the turn" will not be so vastly affected by lousy sidewalls...

Seraphblade said:
Pickup also cfm lousier... cos 19" wheels are heavier...

Not true.

Context is stock wheels vs aftermarket 19" wheels. To be specific, it is stock wheels PLUS stock tyres plus aftermarket wheels PLUS aftermarket tyres.

In many cases, the latter is lighter than stock, especially with forged wheels and lighter tyres like Michelin's.

Hence, increased weight and "heavier" is not a given.

kenntona;865062 said:
Not true.

Context is stock wheels vs aftermarket 19" wheels. To be specific, it is stock wheels PLUS stock tyres plus aftermarket wheels PLUS aftermarket tyres.

In many cases, the latter is lighter than stock, especially with forged wheels and lighter tyres like Michelin's.

Hence, increased weight and "heavier" is not a given.

Yeah, if compare stock to aftermarket... That's true...

But if comparing forged to forged... Then is different story...

kyeong;865056 said:
share share... i notice if i pump ard 220.. ride still quite the same..

but last nite i trial 250 - 270, ride harshness becomes obvious...

You talking about tyre pressure ah? I was talking about tyre profile...

Lesser pressure shld feel more comfortable as the tyre is not that hard... But cannot be too low also... Lower tyre pressure can also decrease FC cos too much contact, but will give u more grip...

yoyo.. update update... juz to share

now i pump 230 front + 260 back
245/35/19 front + 275/30/19 back

1) ride is stable

2) FC decrease est. 0.4l/km but after change my driving style to more initial gradual/harder acceleration, FC only decrease est. 0.1 - 0.2 l/km.

:nutkick:

Seraphblade;866458 said:
You talking about tyre pressure ah? I was talking about tyre profile...

Lesser pressure shld feel more comfortable as the tyre is not that hard... But cannot be too low also... Lower tyre pressure can also decrease FC cos too much contact, but will give u more grip...

kyeong;866667 said:

1) ride is stable

2) FC decrease est. 0.4l/km but after change my driving style to more initial gradual/harder acceleration, FC only decrease est. 0.1 - 0.2 l/km.

So hw much km can clock per liter? Thx

sorrie typo, shld be 0.4km/L and 0.1 - 0.2 km/L

kyeong;866667 said:

1) ride is stable

Platform;866711 said:
So hw much km can clock per liter? Thx

Currently on 19" was show 9.8L/100km on OBD but went to pump petro last record was 250.1km done and pump for 25.3liter...

tried before done 665km full tank when OBD show 6km more can go

mine was E90 pre-FL

my friend on stock 16" can only go for 5xxkm.... i wonder if changing bigger size of sport rim will effect the calculation for the millage done??

If overall diameter change, then mileage is definitely affected.

Davidoky;866762 said:
Currently on 19" was show 9.8L/100km on OBD but went to pump petro last record was 250.1km done and pump for 25.3liter...

tried before done 665km full tank when OBD show 6km more can go

mine was E90 pre-FL

my friend on stock 16" can only go for 5xxkm.... i wonder if changing bigger size of sport rim will effect the calculation for the millage done??

kyeong;866781 said:
If overall diameter change, then mileage is definitely affected.

Mean while it shown 600km means it's actually lesser than that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zomclubprof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back