216d Grand Tourer

Wow, heavy FC! I’ve heard owners of petrol variants achieving around 7-9L/100km. Your’s on the heavier side but do you do a lot of start/stop City driving?

Looks like your immobilized kicked in. You can press the “SOS” button to get live help from BMW next time or even the roadside assistance if the problem persists.

I'm probably 90% city drive and 10% highway - and i disable the start/stop feature whenever i remember to. Don't consider myself heavy footed. The 8.7km/L is from the on board system calculation - maybe i should try to calculate manually and see if its different. Just wondering if anyone on 216i is seeing the same kind of FC readings on the dashboard. Did ask my sales guy about it and he said is very much dependent on driving style -> but i doubt my style is so much different to get big difference in FC - i was expecting about 12-13km/L (about 8L/100km).

Yea so now i realized there is such a immobilized feature but can't really pin point when and how it got triggered. Almost called the roadside assistance but luckily got "reset" after an hour.

I'm probably 90% city drive and 10% highway - and i disable the start/stop feature whenever i remember to. Don't consider myself heavy footed. The 8.7km/L is from the on board system calculation - maybe i should try to calculate manually and see if its different. Just wondering if anyone on 216i is seeing the same kind of FC readings on the dashboard. Did ask my sales guy about it and he said is very much dependent on driving style -> but i doubt my style is so much different to get big difference in FC - i was expecting about 12-13km/L (about 8L/100km).

Yea so now i realized there is such a immobilized feature but can't really pin point when and how it got triggered. Almost called the roadside assistance but luckily got "reset" after an hour.

I think the heavy City drive takes a heavy toll on FC - that’s for sure. I’m on diesel with 19” Wheels and I do abt 80% city with abt 13.5km/l based on the system. The car’s computer is actually pretty accurate.

1hr for resetting is pretty long if you’re in a rush [emoji51]. At least for safe measure, u know the immobilizer works [emoji28]

I think the heavy City drive takes a heavy toll on FC - that’s for sure. I’m on diesel with 19” Wheels and I do abt 80% city with abt 13.5km/l based on the system. The car’s computer is actually pretty accurate.

1hr for resetting is pretty long if you’re in a rush [emoji51]. At least for safe measure, u know the immobilizer works [emoji28]

Yea haha... just hope it doesnt activate on me again!

Frankly its a dream at least for me. Low maintenance for diesel.

And now JB EURO5 is quite available at popular haunts. And its seems more powerful than SG EURO5 (been pumping for over 6 months).

My only qualm is the rims are damn difficult to keep clean.

216d Grand Tourer

still cannot test drive but car is available for viewing i.e. caressing [:p]

size wise, very similar to a WISH / STREAM

3 cyc / 1496 cc
116bhp / 4000rpm
270Nm / 1750rpm
4.3L/100km (combined)
$10,000 CEVS rebate

car pretty much comes with all the necessary bells and whistles

only consideration ... its a diesel.

one wonders how maintenance of a diesel engine compares with a petrol engine?

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

Just took delivery of mineral white with saddle brown interior. Enjoy the smooth ride so far. Although 0-100kph acceleration is only 11s, it feels zippier than that, probably due to the relatively high low end torque. Takes awhile to get used to the automatic shut off engine when u stop at a traffic light but otherwise no complaints.

Did you clock 11s in sport mode or comfort? Sport mode I clock 9s wor

Frankly its a dream at least for me. Low maintenance for diesel.

And now JB EURO5 is quite available at popular haunts. And its seems more powerful than SG EURO5 (been pumping for over 6 months).

My only qualm is the rims are damn difficult to keep clean.

Hello!
May i ask where did you go to pump Euro5 diesel in JB? BHP or Petronas?

Hi all, I'm new here. Send someone kindly add me (9 seven four two six five four zero) to the whatsapp group. Thanks!

Hi bro & Sis, can anyone share your experience. Rim size stock 17" to 18".
Where can I get the right offset rim?
Est. Cost?
Difference in Fuel efficiency?
Pros & Cons.
Thank you in advance.

Est. Cost?
Pros & Cons.
Thank you in advance.

A good offset will be above 50. Some use 45 and still ok - looks macho as it’s almost flushed to the fenders.

Cost depends on make/model and material. Depending on budget, best is to get forged as they are the lightest and strongest but also the most expensive.

Fuel efficiency is negligible unless you get a significantly heavier wheels compared to your stock 17s.

Pay a visit to a few shops to see which tickles your fancy. Afterall, sometimes it’s the designs that appeals you above everything else [emoji16].

Happy shopping!!!

Est. Cost?
Pros & Cons.
Thank you in advance.
Anymore precious suggestions? My tires wearing soon. Can't decide to change R17 tire or 18" rim+tire

Anymore precious suggestions? My tires wearing soon. Can't decide to change R17 tire or 18" rim+tire

Go to shop and see the diff between 17 and 18. That way, you can picture it there on-site and make your cost calculations there too.

Sometimes, hard to picture in mind of which to go for.

Go to shop and see the diff between 17 and 18. That way, you can picture it there on-site and make your cost calculations there too.

Sometimes, hard to picture in mind of which to go for.
Thanks for the input. Already did that. Not easy to find a suitable offset

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

216d-GT whatsapp group created for would-be owners. PM me your mobile number if you would like to be added. Of course if you like to continue conversing with others here as well, we can do so too! Any other would-be 216d-GT owners? Did you get your COEs yesterday?

pls add me thks 96919888

Thanks for the input. Already did that. Not easy to find a suitable offset

Nope, but the GT can take even the more popular offsets here between 45-48 even. Looks nicer as it flushes with the Car body and looks more planted.

Many are on these offset Wheels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back