216d Grand Tourer

For those intending to join the Telegram community group, ensure you have downloaded your IOS/Android app to your phone and you can PM me to request for the link.

Please state your full name, car model and colour and when you got it (Month/Year).

Cheers!
Hello, pls add me: TS / GT216i / red / sep 2017

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum. I'm driving an Audi a5 sportback now and due to new entry to family, i'm considering 216d for my next ride. Called up PM today and was told diesel version waiting for euro 6. now only petrol version.
Wish to seek the owners here about
1) Worth waiting for diesel version?
2) How's 216d FC?
3) any issues so far? Hear some negativity about BMW reliability
4) 3rd row meaningful?

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum. I'm driving an Audi a5 sportback now and due to new entry to family, i'm considering 216d for my next ride. Called up PM today and was told diesel version waiting for euro 6. now only petrol version.
2) How's 216d FC?
4) 3rd row meaningful?

1) If PML says they are waiting and intend to import the Euro6 2GT, then yes, I would say worth waiting if your priority will be lower running fuel cost due to high mileage. Then again, you have to wait and see on how high/low CEVS will be penalized on the new Euro6 2GT and you can make your informed decisions then.

2) Current 216d GTs are doing anywhere between 12km/l (around 80-90% City driving) to even 20+km/l for those who do around 80-90% expressways.

3) Well, its warranty now has been upgraded to 5yrs/200k ... so that helps in terms of plunging for a Beemer. Like many Contis, in general, they are a tad more "sensitive" in comparison to their Jap-counterparts. Otherwise, they are lovely to drive and lives up to the quality and expectations of the badge.

4) Meaningful in comparison to ...? Depends on what you are looking for really. It's a 5+2 compact MPV and shouldn't be seen in comparison at the same level as Toyota Estima, Honda Odyssey or even the VW Sharan. If u wanna compare the 3rd row, It's slightly more spacious than the Grand Scenic but prob abt the same as Touran/Grand Picasso although I would put the GP slightly more spacious prob due to the seat config design. Go chk out these 5+2 MPVs out and I guess you'll make your decision thereafter base on your needs.

Happy shopping!

Reactions: SCH
1) If PML says they are waiting and intend to import the Euro6 2GT, then yes, I would say worth waiting if your priority will be lower running fuel cost due to high mileage. Then again, you have to wait and see on how high/low CEVS will be penalized on the new Euro6 2GT and you can make your informed decisions then.

2) Current 216d GTs are doing anywhere between 12km/l (around 80-90% City driving) to even 20+km/l for those who do around 80-90% expressways.

3) Well, its warranty now has been upgraded to 5yrs/200k ... so that helps in terms of plunging for a Beemer. Like many Contis, in general, they are a tad more "sensitive" in comparison to their Jap-counterparts. Otherwise, they are lovely to drive and lives up to the quality and expectations of the badge.

4) Meaningful in comparison to ...? Depends on what you are looking for really. It's a 5+2 compact MPV and shouldn't be seen in comparison at the same level as Toyota Estima, Honda Odyssey or even the VW Sharan. If u wanna compare the 3rd row, It's slightly more spacious than the Grand Scenic but prob abt the same as Touran/Grand Picasso although I would put the GP slightly more spacious prob due to the seat config design. Go chk out these 5+2 MPVs out and I guess you'll make your decision thereafter base on your needs.

Happy shopping!

Thanks for your great comments!

2) How's 216d FC?
4) 3rd row meaningful?
The feeling of driving a sedan sport and 2GT will be different. Please ask yourself again do you really need a 3rd row? If the family size is growing and the kids are still below 13 years old, then +2 is quite cool. But do take note that this 2GT might be underpower and the gap will be even bigger compare to your A5 sport. Having say that 2GT is a cool mid size MPV. And BMW brand name definitely better and value for money as compare to other 5+2 in the market.

Hi Sifus,

My kid accidentally kicked on the rear aircon vent and dislodged some vanes. I tried to push them back but all came out instead.
Does anyone know how to DIY repair or know a workshop who can do it? I still have all the parts, just need to be able to take out the unit so that I can fix back the vanes.

Kum sia :)

216GT rear aircon.jpg

Hi Sifus,

My kid accidentally kicked on the rear aircon vent and dislodged some vanes. I tried to push them back but all came out instead.
Does anyone know how to DIY repair or know a workshop who can do it? I still have all the parts, just need to be able to take out the unit so that I can fix back the vanes.

Kum sia :)

View attachment 60332
Hope you've already managed to figure this out. If not, can try to visit Soundwerkz and look for Kelvin to help?

Hi
Signed. And delivering end of November,
Sch/216i/GT/m.blue
Eight-two-zero-zero, six-nine-nine-zero

Last edited:
Hello!

Drove my 216i GT for about 2.2k km already - 2 questions i have for fellow bro / sis here
  1. The FC showing on the system is still about 8.7km/L. Anyone have such low FC?
  2. Yeaterday my wife went off with the key while i am in the car with engine on. Engine got cut and my wife came back about 5mins later w the key. But engine cant start after that. Tried multiple time, lock car wait 15mins, try again all cannot. Till about an hour later - suddenly can. Researched a little seems like the immobilize feature was activated? Anyone experience this before?
Do add me to the WA grp too! Appreciate it!

BK / GT 216i / mineral grey / Sep 2017

Hello!

Drove my 216i GT for about 2.2k km already - 2 questions i have for fellow bro / sis here
  1. The FC showing on the system is still about 8.7km/L. Anyone have such low FC?
  2. Yeaterday my wife went off with the key while i am in the car with engine on. Engine got cut and my wife came back about 5mins later w the key. But engine cant start after that. Tried multiple time, lock car wait 15mins, try again all cannot. Till about an hour later - suddenly can. Researched a little seems like the immobilize feature was activated? Anyone experience this before?

Oh dear . That sounds bad and uncertain....

Hello!

Wow, heavy FC! I’ve heard owners of petrol variants achieving around 7-9L/100km. Your’s on the heavier side but do you do a lot of start/stop City driving?

Looks like your immobilized kicked in. You can press the “SOS” button to get live help from BMW next time or even the roadside assistance if the problem persists.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back