216d Grand Tourer

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

paneristic;1132404 said:
Yes, cost savings is still worth the minor blemishes...just that the diseal engine sound so different from my 3 series..feels like a cab driver nowadays.

Overall still love it for its versality, features and price point...

yup, the diesel makes it sound like a cab.. price point i guess is partly due to its low CO2 emissions which means high CEVS rebate

Hi guys...any idea if any aftermarket stuffs are available for the 2GT yet?i.e. Bodykits etc

how u guys find the wood panel n ambient glow in the car?
the price is now 157.8k n I feel like getting the metallic grey with brown leather seats. what do u guys think of this combo?

Hi Guys,

Really planning to get the 216GT. Looking at the metallic brown with sddle brown seats or black seats. WHat do you guys think of the colour. Please do add me to the whatsapp group. 90019330.

My experience for the benefit of others who may be contemplating 216GT:
I have been driving the Grand Scenic diesel for the past few years. When i test drove the 216GT along the expressway, i was so surprised to find the 216GT more smoother with more torque as well! The diesel clang you hear within the BMW; far less than what i got from the Grand Scenic. Yes, the Grand SCenic had cruise control and speed limit, but the safety features bought me over to BMW. I may sign one out soon. Just trying to work out a good deal for the contra of the two vehicles now.

Honestly, i am a frugal spender, but the safety and smoothness of this car with its safety features I believe is well worth it. The downside: like one of the comments i read somewhere, is that once you get this car, you may not want to drive any other! That's my first impression of this MPV.

So do add me to the whatsapp group and keep me updated on where to go for servicing, who to talk to and where to get the parts, etc etc

Just to add-on...

The road and wind noise seems to be higher in the 216GT thn in the Grand SCenic, but thats ok looking at the feel i get from the 216GT.
Also, since the 216GT is so smooth and powerful, there is a tendency of overspeeding even without noticing. So the speed limiter WILL be useful if used and set properly.

Grand Scenic in reality i get mostly about 800 - 860km on urban driving. Definitely more on long drives in the north. so FC in reality about avg 13km per l. I guess the 216GT is about the same for urban singapore driving?

Just to add-on...

The road and wind noise seems to be higher in the 216GT thn in the Grand SCenic, but thats ok looking at the feel i get from the 216GT.
Also, since the 216GT is so smooth and powerful, there is a tendency of overspeeding even without noticing. So the speed limiter WILL be useful if used and set properly.

Grand Scenic in reality i get mostly about 800 - 860km on urban driving. Definitely more on long drives in the north. so FC in reality about avg 13km per l. I guess the 216GT is about the same for urban singapore driving?

there's a lot of pictures here.
403 Forbidden
anyways, will PML allow switching out the wood to the silver types for the interior panels?

thankgod;1129231 said:
for us, the choice was between a VW Sharan or this 216D-GT. decided on the 216D-GT because the drive isn't bad and its compact enough to zip around town. the sharan seems a little too clumsy in comparison. space wise, sharan wins but 90% of the time, we don't use more than 4 seats! :D

216D-GT Sparkling Brown with Dakota Black interior here ...

any pictures? looking to get the sparkling brown as well....will the saddle brown seats look nice in this?

add all those that PMed to the whatsapp group - if there are any issues, please PM me. thanks! if you want to added, please PM me your mobile and if possible, your name. Thanks!

Hi

after reading so many awesome review I went down to test drive it myself and wow I am impressed.

so b4 I commit I just want to ask is there any freebies or discount tat we can negotiate or it is everything fixed price ?
i was asking for the panorama roof and she quote std price $5460. In fact there is nthg she willing to throw in.

just want to know is this PML std practice ?

Spidy25;1133247 said:
Hi

after reading so many awesome review I went down to test drive it myself and wow I am impressed.

so b4 I commit I just want to ask is there any freebies or discount tat we can negotiate or it is everything fixed price ?
i was asking for the panorama roof and she quote std price $5460. In fact there is nthg she willing to throw in.

just want to know is this PML std practice ?

Hi; how much is the current price ?thinking of getting 1as well

$155800

No pano roof, no cruise control

Today is last day of the CNY package which give $1800 off the above price, 3yr/60k servicing, Shell $1000 voucher

Went to test drive the car and was quite impressed by the inline 3 diesel turbo, especially with the sports mode... Tested other brands of diesel cars and didn't really like the throttle feel... SE is not pushy for the sales and didn't want to give anything extra... Maybe because I didn't bring cheque book along...

Spidy25;1133268 said:
$155800

No pano roof, no cruise control

Today is last day of the CNY package which give $1800 off the above price, 3yr/60k servicing, Shell $1000 voucher

Wow sounds like a forking good deal! that's basically 2k off the 155,800 making it 153800. Saw some on the road and cheong like taxi one. Very good.

Spidy25;1133291 said:
Booked ! :D

Sparkling brown with Panorama roof.

Target date of delivery March.

what is the deal you have gotten bro? did the SE throw in any freebies apart from the mentioned stuff?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip9fit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back