320i or 323i

Re: 320i or 323i

Hi there, I have been driving the 323 for 3 months so far and actually have not encountered any problems. Am very happy and enjoying the ride. I hope this continues.............

touchwood, touchwood, me also, so far so good so happy with my new 323i

only thing is, i should have go all out and get the 325i, now got to wait 2 years before i can change

Go for the highest model you can afford. If you can stretch your budget, stretch until you really cannot.

Of course, 325i is better than 323i but what is the difference of the price. 20K? is it worthwhile?

nsbsin;159272 said:
Of course, 325i is better than 323i but what is the difference of the price. 20K? is it worthwhile?

To me, its worth every cent. I'm sure the other 325 owners will agree with me. If you ask a 330 owner, he will also say it is worth it even though it cost another 20k.

I got my 325i for S$170k recently. I couldnt bear to part with another S$30k for the 330i... :p

I tried the Alfa 159 Selespeed this morning. The car is going for $119,800 with 5 years warranty, 5 years free servicing and a high OMV of $36K apparently.

The car looks good and handles well. The sports mode and the selespeed takes a little getting used to. Just wondering if anyone here had tried the Alfa 159 as well ... understand that Alfa's resale value for current range of Alfa is really bad ... so, not sure it's a wise option.

aneoac;160421 said:
I tried the Alfa 159 Selespeed this morning. The car is going for $119,800 with 5 years warranty, 5 years free servicing and a high OMV of $36K apparently.

The car looks good and handles well. The sports mode and the selespeed takes a little getting used to. Just wondering if anyone here had tried the Alfa 159 as well ... understand that Alfa's resale value for current range of Alfa is really bad ... so, not sure it's a wise option.

:offtopic: The discussion is about 320i and 323i lah....
Would love to have a 6 cylinder anytime. Every penny is worth it if you can afford it. But then again, the Valvetronic is already a great engine for city dwellers.
If you want to race, might as well get a M3. raw power!!!

Haha .. It's applicable to me 'cos I'm still undecided on which one to get. Sorry .....

Congrats! You will have loads of fun when the car is out. BTW, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind sharing?

My elder brother bought an IS250 and I bought a 320 around the same time early this year.

When the 323 was introduced, I was adamant not to test drive it for I know it would be painful....

I have driven my bro's ride a few times over the weekends and he was always asking why when I already owned a bimmer that I need to take his ride out. You see, the IS is really a wonderful car. It looks so good next to my ride, it's powerful, quiet and creamy smooth. I have regretted since then for not having bought a bigger cc ride. But being a diehard and with limited budget, I am now stuck with my slow 320.

If you are a Bimmer fan and with more dough to burn, for that little premium you pay for the 323, I think is worth it. The 325 would be a great choice but for that amount of money, hmmm...

BELLISSIMO;165198 said:
My elder brother bought an IS250 and I bought a 320 around the same time early this year.

When the 323 was introduced, I was adamant not to test drive it for I know it would be painful....

I have driven my bro's ride a few times over the weekends and he was always asking why when I already owned a bimmer that I need to take his ride out. You see, the IS is really a wonderful car. It looks so good next to my ride, it's powerful, quiet and creamy smooth. I have regretted since then for not having bought a bigger cc ride. But being a diehard and with limited budget, I am now stuck with my slow 320.

If you are a Bimmer fan and with more dough to burn, for that little premium you pay for the 323, I think is worth it. The 325 would be a great choice but for that amount of money, hmmm...

I have both a bimmer and the IS250. And regularly sit in a e90 320i. All of the above said of the IS I agree. In fact, its refinement at autobahn ++ speeds is astounding, and possibly several levels above the 320i. The 323/325 engine sounds much better, but the car is not neccesarily quieter than a 320i.

However, for those allergic to Japanese, I urge you try the 159. The GM 4 with an alfa head makes some German 4 cylinder engines sound like a diesel. It looks like there is a chance their reliability is now better. ( My IS250 has been faultless so far, 12K)

If money no object, then 330i for bimmer fans.

opvaulet;165850 said:
I have both a bimmer and the IS250. And regularly sit in a e90 320i. All of the above said of the IS I agree. In fact, its refinement at autobahn ++ speeds is astounding, and possibly several levels above the 320i. The 323/325 engine sounds much better, but the car is not neccesarily quieter than a 320i.

However, for those allergic to Japanese, I urge you try the 159. The GM 4 with an alfa head makes some German 4 cylinder engines sound like a diesel. It looks like there is a chance their reliability is now better. ( My IS250 has been faultless so far, 12K)

If money no object, then 330i for bimmer fans.

Agree with opvaulet, the IS is a great car... quiet, refined, smooth V6. But the gearing is a little odd, acceleration is not that quick (and it does not feel quick at all in the car).
But must agree that for the price, the specs (esp the options) beat BMW anytime... 323i comes with barely anything.

Only thing is must get used to japanese layout and feel... Test drove the IS and although head says save $$$ and get functional sedan... heart says NO WAY JOSE...

IMHO, if want 6-pot BMW, get the 325i. No point paying so much for a detuned 2.5L engine... If you compare the specs for the 325i, especially the i-drive, actually the difference is not that great. 177 compared to 218 hp is like the sun and the moon.

DRV;165861 said:
Agree with opvaulet, the IS is a great car... quiet, refined, smooth V6. But the gearing is a little odd, acceleration is not that quick (and it does not feel quick at all in the car).
But must agree that for the price, the specs (esp the options) beat BMW anytime... 323i comes with barely anything.

Only thing is must get used to japanese layout and feel... Test drove the IS and although head says save $$$ and get functional sedan... heart says NO WAY JOSE...

IMHO, if want 6-pot BMW, get the 325i. No point paying so much for a detuned 2.5L engine... If you compare the specs for the 325i, especially the i-drive, actually the difference is not that great. 177 compared to 218 hp is like the sun and the moon.

Agree with DRV. Yes, the IS does not feel as fast as it is, though stock cars in sg have g-teched sub 8 secs to 100, and pwr mode makes a huge diff to throttle response (bit like sprint booster).

Stick with at least the 325. In comparison to the IS the 323 is just slow. 330i means you really buy the essense of the brand (engine) and what it stands for. My brother has one. Fantastic.

opvaulet;165925 said:
Agree with DRV. Yes, the IS does not feel as fast as it is, though stock cars in sg have g-teched sub 8 secs to 100, and pwr mode makes a huge diff to throttle response (bit like sprint booster).

Stick with at least the 325. In comparison to the IS the 323 is just slow. 330i means you really buy the essense of the brand (engine) and what it stands for. My brother has one. Fantastic.

Agree with opvaulet,
BMW makes it's cars to match the 3L engine. Then they fit smaller versions for local markets esp in Europe and Asia.

One thing I never understood is why Lexus brings in detuned versions of the Toyoto engine to meet emission standards. The IS250 shares the same engine as the Mark X but 205 vs 215hp.
Singapore's standard is only EURO II, almost every car is sure to pass. Maybe it's to standardize globally?

BMW is more aware of this. BMW's in the US have to meet strict local standards so the previous 3.0L was only rated at 225hp although in S'pore and most parts of Europe it was 231hp...

BMW makes one of the best 6-cyl engine in the world!
U should contemplate between 323i or 325i instead. :)

imho my last ride e46 330i is the best 3 series ever

e46 330i interior better,throttle response better,louder and has a soul.

e90 330i more refined ride,looks better,better handling.

ho2786;166036 said:
imho my last ride e46 330i is the best 3 series ever

e46 330i interior better,throttle response better,louder and has a soul.

e90 330i more refined ride,looks better,better handling.
So which is better since both you stated both E90 330 and E46 330 as "better"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back