335 vs 325 vs Audi TT?

Re: 335 vs 325 vs Audi TT?

TT OMV is about $52k I think. So if PI 335 is about there too, that means the PIs are making bigger profit on the 335 than Premium is making on the TT? Plus you get the warranty from Premium on the TT.

TT is great car to drive, not the same as an inline 6 BMW with RWD but still nice. But its less practical if you ferry people around a lot and need proper rear seats. So that would be an important consideration. If you can live without the rear seats, I believe TT is much more interesting/fun than a 325 coupe

Mag: I may suggest that to other pp, but it's quite clear she requires marque appeal in the equation, which is a personal thing. :)

gerrygirl;289650 said:
Hi Beng, Been quoted less than $210k but maybe this figure will go up when I put pen to paper. :confused:

Are you serious about not buying black colour har? I'm quite keen on black leh.

Check again as the price given could be missing quite a few items. I compared the prices of PI and PML before. When u reconcile the items, think the price differs by about $12k nia.

Wah, u r a 'heong' lady driver? These days I see lady drivers drive souped up JDMs I also scared.

If u must get black, pls dont get red seats.

axl;289656 said:
Mag: I may suggest that to other pp, but it's quite clear she requires marque appeal in the equation, which is a personal thing. :)

I know lah, just saying that a reason such as this shouldnt be just the sole deciding factor in buying a car..like choosing a mate due to the size of his muscles..:laughlik:

axl;289651 said:
Why do you feel so insecure as to want to drive a faster car than your fren?

Why not just get the TT, and with the savings over the TT-S (read: titties), kit it up to look different/more chio than her TT?

Errrrr... Because I go for substance over form?

Ok, then what do you feel about the Evo then?

In any case, if not for her TT (wow!), would you still have considered the TT-S then?

axl;289663 said:
Ok, then what do you feel about the Evo then?

In any case, if not for her TT (wow!), would you still have considered the TT-S then?

No budget for TT-S lah. :oops:

g75y;289655 said:
TT OMV is about $52k I think. So if PI 335 is about there too, that means the PIs are making bigger profit on the 335 than Premium is making on the TT? Plus you get the warranty from Premium on the TT.

TT is great car to drive, not the same as an inline 6 BMW with RWD but still nice. But its less practical if you ferry people around a lot and need proper rear seats. So that would be an important consideration. If you can live without the rear seats, I believe TT is much more interesting/fun than a 325 coupe

That's an interesting observation....MMMmmmm..... Premium selling the TT for $190k (or $195k+ with accessories) PI offering $208k (hard to say whether they will come through). So it does seem like PI will be making a slightly higher profit by a couple of thousand bucks. But it is a car in high demand lah, so price will be stiffer i guess.

g75y said:
PI 335's OMV is way higher than TT's.

Ahbengdriver said:
Check again as the price given could be missing quite a few items. I compared the prices of PI and PML before. When u reconcile the items, think the price differs by about $12k nia.
Bo ko leng lar, Beng. Which PI you went to?

Take my car compare to Omar's and Sam's. Specs diff in (1) idrive (2) comfort access (3) rear roller blind. Every single other item is the same. The PI tends to omit many items (compartment package, lights package for instance) perhaps to under-invoice the OMV..... the price difference? $37K. $39K if I add in Logic 7. My price perhaps slightly different. In Hitmee's case, the savings will be $32K and $34K (Logic 7). No way the savings is ONLY $12K. And that's PML's price before S$10K increase.

gerrygirl said:
That's an interesting observation....MMMmmmm..... Premium selling the TT for $190k (or $195k+ with accessories) PI offering $208k (hard to say whether they will come through). So it does seem like PI will be making a slightly higher profit by a couple of thousand bucks. But it is a car in high demand lah, so price will be stiffer i guess.
Something you should think about.

Say PI quotes you 335 at $208K and PML's 335 at $250.

OMV at $57K and $71K respectively.

The items differ in those I have listed above, and say you can live with it.

You save $42K up front.

Now, how does the lower OMV impact you? Some PIs will tell you lower OMV translate to lower PARF rebate. How much lower, you should ask.

Say you drive for 5 years. COE and body value will be omitted in the calculation.

OMV for PI - 55% times $57K = $31K
OMV for AD - 55% times $71K = $39K

Your rebate will differ by $8K. Big deal? No. Take the difference on the savings, add in financing costs ($42K plus interests), tell me I am wrong.

So, my take is this - the lower OMV and the higher margin earned by the PIs is irrelevant if you ignore the cost savings in the calculations.

Kenn gor gor, thank you for your insight. Definitely food for thought. Can I ask you something else, how come COE/body value will not be considered after 5 years? Also, if I sell after 5 years, the car will likely fetch $40k+ less than PML model too right?

Lastly, do you think 325 is underpowered?

gerrygirl said:
Kenn gor gor, thank you for your insight. Definitely food for thought. Can I ask you something else, how come COE/body value will not be considered after 5 years? Also, if I sell after 5 years, the car will likely fetch $40k+ less than PML model too right?
COE will be almost identical whether you go PI or PML. The difference will be due to timing, not dealership. So you have to ignore that in the calculation. And assuming both cars are delivered about the same dates, the COE will be so similar the rebate at the 5th will be identical. Straight line amortisation on the COE.

Body values determined by external/export markets, so PI or PML, no diff. The options are similar, that's my assumption.

The selling price will never be the same as the price gap. Say your PML's 335 is worth $120K at the end of the 5th. No way the PI 335 is only worth $80K. Think carefully, it should be dealing at export price (paper plus body) plus local premium. So the difference is likely to be similar to the OMV's difference times 55%.

gerrygal said:
Lastly, do you think 325 is underpowered?
I will be biased. But it will depend on your needs. Overpowered if you are using for groceries only. Underpowered if you are mixing with some crazy forumers here.

Kenntona,

I find that your analysis of OMVs make alot of sense. We was in the market sourcing for a 3rd car (SUV) and was considering PI models. There was this particular PI that was advertising higher prices but at the same time saying that their cars had higher OMVs.

Till today I still can't make sense of the reason for buying cars at a higher price coz of the OMVs. Higher OMV will translate into higher selling prices and vice versa. End of day how much would I want to pay for a car? Of coz as cheap as possible lah.

Correct me if I am wrong, assuming selling away a car with a lower OMV will translate into a cheaper price, isn't it so as you paid cheaper for it in the first place? Assuming price depreciation is the same regardless of OMV values?

Anyway, I'm now seriously considering switching my IS250 to a 325i Coupe. Actually makes no sense, the IS250 comes with paddle shifters, awesome interior, dazzling dashboard, plush leather seats and best of all, ventilated seats (my Dad's 523i seats feels like a heatsink when I drive it). But somehow BMWs are very lovely cars and the drivers seem to be a pretty passionate one so I hope to join the family some day. :)

Gerrygirl,

Erm when you are ready to commit, my opinion is that you just test drive both models and see whether a 335i is worth the extra $$$. Actually I went for a test drive in the 325i with my SE last saturday with my GF. My GF said that although BMW was a nicer looking 2 door car, it hardly seemed to warrant paying additional $70k-80k more(after factoring depreciation of selling off my less than a year old IS250) despite a relatively bare package where in the IS most of the stuff comes as standard. I guess it all depends on the individual tastes and more often than not, you'll be more happy with a 325i coupe which is still rare in Singapore these days - PLEASE DUN CHOOSE BLACK COLOUR INTERIOR. Every single car these days come in black interior, get something fancier! I'm going for cream beige.

Damn it, for that price I can get a 523i FL with fancier rims and sport kits. The standard version coupe doesn't even come with an iDrive, which makes it so uncool, adding that single option comes up to over $9K with GPS function. Ouch.

Seriously considering parallel importers if I'm getting this car. Now waiting for money to drop from the sky.

kenntona;289698 said:

Take my car compare to Omar's and Sam's. Specs diff in (1) idrive (2) comfort access (3) rear roller blind. Every single other item is the same. The PI tends to omit many items (compartment package, lights package for instance) perhaps to under-invoice the OMV..... the price difference? $37K. $39K if I add in Logic 7. My price perhaps slightly different. In Hitmee's case, the savings will be $32K and $34K (Logic 7). No way the savings is ONLY $12K. And that's PML's price before S$10K increase.

Something you should think about.

Say PI quotes you 335 at $208K and PML's 335 at $250.

OMV at $57K and $71K respectively.

The items differ in those I have listed above, and say you can live with it.

You save $42K up front.

Now, how does the lower OMV impact you? Some PIs will tell you lower OMV translate to lower PARF rebate. How much lower, you should ask.

Say you drive for 5 years. COE and body value will be omitted in the calculation.

OMV for PI - 55% times $57K = $31K
OMV for AD - 55% times $71K = $39K

Your rebate will differ by $8K. Big deal? No. Take the difference on the savings, add in financing costs ($42K plus interests), tell me I am wrong.

So, my take is this - the lower OMV and the higher margin earned by the PIs is irrelevant if you ignore the cost savings in the calculations.

But i think if options 1,2,3 are included as PI option, the difference will be 12k like what ABD says?

kenntona;289698 said:

satines;290094 said:
But i think if options 1,2,3 are included as PI option, the difference will be 12k like what ABD says?
That was 6 months back when I was comparing E93 Cabriolet 335s between PI and PML. The E93 I saw at the PI (Euro spec essntially) doesnt have a few things which PML has, the major ones being absence of I-drive/satnav. of cos the PI car had somethings which PML didnt have too.

I just showed the PI the items on the PML price list and was told that the price diff will come out to about 12k then. There may be some errors in the calculations though but small.

Replica469;290054 said:
Anyway, I'm now seriously considering switching my IS250 to a 325i Coupe.

Ah No, please dont sell yr IS250, its a good car, a gentleman's car. BMW coupe very the Beng, only suit characters like me.

sometimes buying car is about passion and non logical.
just put the calculation aside and enjoy it.... :)

I think your price is carrot price, Beng.

passionate buying is for rich people like Mark.

Passion & Logic is often 2 schools of thoughts and won't compliment each other.

acupunch;290157 said:
passionate buying is for rich people like Mark.

Passion & Logic is often 2 schools of thoughts and won't compliment each other.

I tried very hard to make them complement each other and yes, they tend to contradic to each other, nb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk88today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back