ACU's E90 San Er Ling i (Photoshoot & MODS Diary)

Re: ACU's E90 San Er Ling i (Photoshoot & MODS Diary)

the last time i saw ur car no kit..suddenly now got so many new mods...power la dei..u da man

acu u need eisenmann next

318 NewBoy;481331 said:
Wow bro... finally got your Lamin-X. I thought you go for the smoke tint one.... thumbs-up for a great DIY job done.
yes, i didn't want smoke tint, just want a protective layer on the headlights. clear + 6000K FTW. :yummie:

Terry;481366 said:
the last time i saw ur car no kit..suddenly now got so many new mods...power la dei..u da man
last time acu still an infant with mama popo pants, now he had grow up with proper dress. can't always running around naked, right. :lol2:

Terry;481367 said:
acu u need eisenmann next
acu on stock exo de best :lol2:

36hrs after installation of Lamin-X protective film onto my headlights.

from front/side/far the Clear Lamin-X protective film look almost invisible. i feel it added more gloss shine to the headlight lenses. +1 ;)
3979163191_7779eb4c3e_b.jpg

however inspecting it from certain other angles you're see some blurring/uneven as the film are tick. almost as thick of those plastic ruler. i think was 0.4mm~0.5mm.

viewing it from top
3979920470_22bdaf4744_b.jpg

from the side, you can see it as clear as nothing was paste or stick.
3979916696_e5fa43711e_b.jpg

from center towards the side, you can see the curvy side profile of the headlights lenses that wavy of the Lamin-X film silicon. that shows the thickness of the film. +1 ;)
3979152573_546b98a1e9_b.jpg

here is side by side comparison of the film from the front without/with lights turn on during the day. i think its a good investment to protective the headlights considering the cost of the hardware.
3979929250_c6b7cf3a82.jpg
3979936180_514b7292a7.jpg

hope this helpful. ;)

acupunch;481457 said:
36hrs after installation of Lamin-X protective film onto my headlights.

from front/side/far the Clear Lamin-X protective film look almost invisible. i feel it added more gloss shine to the headlight lenses. +1 ;)
3979163191_7779eb4c3e_b.jpg

however inspecting it from certain other angles you're see some blurring/uneven as the film are tick. almost as thick of those plastic ruler. i think was 0.4mm~0.5mm.

viewing it from top
3979920470_22bdaf4744_b.jpg

from the side, you can see it as clear as nothing was paste or stick.
3979916696_e5fa43711e_b.jpg

from center towards the side, you can see the curvy side profile of the headlights lenses that wavy of the Lamin-X film silicon. that shows the thickness of the film. +1 ;)
3979152573_546b98a1e9_b.jpg

here is side by side comparison of the film from the front without/with lights turn on during the day. i think its a good investment to protective the headlights considering the cost of the hardware.
3979929250_c6b7cf3a82.jpg
3979936180_514b7292a7.jpg

hope this helpful. ;)
great pics. btw r urs matt grills or gloss black grills?

Slater;481463 said:
great pics. btw r urs matt grills or gloss black grills?
its matt. might change to karbon matt if i had time to rewrap. :yummie:

acupunch;481571 said:
its matt. might change to karbon matt if i had time to rewrap. :yummie:
u mind helping me wrap as well? tell me what ur charges r like.

Slater;481585 said:
u mind helping me wrap as well? tell me what ur charges r like.
you're not serious, are you? :oops: let me re-wrap mine 1st and see how difficult as this matt karbon sticker its thicker compares to the matt type.

acupunch;481591 said:
you're not serious, are you? :oops: let me re-wrap mine 1st and see how difficult as this matt karbon sticker its thicker compares to the matt type.
serious la. kum sia!

i also did the headlights film...around 8 mths back...but over time, it will get blurred..

prob a combination of heat by the lights and abrasive grit from our expressways.

Slater;481596 said:
serious la. kum sia!
BOOMz

hetraa;481602 said:
i also did the headlights film...around 8 mths back...but over time, it will get blurred..

prob a combination of heat by the lights and abrasive grit from our expressways.
you're feedback its worrying.me. i understand clear plastic or silicon degrade overtime, but 8mths is a short. did you apply any vinyl conditioner or any synthetic carnauba based wax in between as suggested by Lamin-X tender loving care recommendation? i'll be applying FMJ over it this weekend and observe over the month. will post more feedback when time comes.

acu, your photos are very good. impressed with that more than your car. not that your car ain't nice. now, why did i get rid of my 40D?

nicholas.ong;481618 said:
acu, your photos are very good. impressed with that more than your car. not that your car ain't nice. now, why did i get rid of my 40D?
thanks. :) 40D is good. are u a shutter bugs too?

nope, i left it alone..but still better with the film on it...rather the film gets blurred than the headlight glass gets blurred.= irreversible

mine's the genconcepts clear film..maybe yours better..

acupunch;481607 said:
BOOMz

you're feedback its worrying.me. i understand clear plastic or silicon degrade overtime, but 8mths is a short. did you apply any vinyl conditioner or any synthetic carnauba based wax in between as suggested by Lamin-X tender loving care recommendation? i'll be applying FMJ over it this weekend and observe over the month. will post more feedback when time comes.

hetraa;481627 said:
nope, i left it alone..but still better with the film on it...rather the film gets blurred than the headlight glass gets blurred.= irreversible

mine's the genconcepts clear film..maybe yours better..
hmmmm... i certainly hope so. thanks for sharing your experience

acupunch;481624 said:
thanks. :) 40D is good. are u a shutter bugs too?
no lah. i'm way, way too amatuer.
got the 40D to start but between work and all. din quite managed to hook up any mates to play with the thing. a little cumbersome to have in the bag for business travels. so got rid of it recently. thinking of a powershot G10. will consider the next 60D if it comes with video function.

I started DIY with the top piece of the grill as its easy to wrap in case I don't like the results, I can re-wrap back to matt black. :thinking:

You need almost the same tools I posted back then in this post when DIY the matt black sticker
4004279892_314580e1c5_b.jpg

4004279958_678ed07a76_b.jpg

Then test fit it back on the car to examine the results. :thinking: I think I like because that CF texture shine from certain angle therefore some color contrast that I want originally. matt black don't give such contrast as it's not shiny from any angle.
4004279964_b0b6e59ff7_b.jpg

very nice acu!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79ist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back