Aircon filter very dirty!

Re: Aircon filter very dirty!

etan1;523851 said:
Robot, thanks. :thumbsup:

If it is white, that means the main function is particle removal... no capability of odour removal.

Hi pengfu, agreed...the original probably has better filtering efficiency, and better air flow.

Cheers!

and this is my #10 post...!:woottt:

Yeh... 10th post!!!

Aircon Micro filter. When my E60 was 20K km, pml kept asking me to change the microfilter. Isaid no. He said got smell, air not fresh, etc. NOw 30K and 18 months old and due for servicing, i went down to Eng Soon to buy a pair of Microfilter.....S$45. Went home to change, open the cover, WTF, the original filter still very clean....no leaves, no dust, got a few small flies, I just dust it off, and put it back........COLD STORAGE the filters from Eng Soon.

Lesson learnt:
- Check filters before going to buy new ones.............I think no need to change microfilters until maybt 50-60k km...

Also, I paid S$45 for a pair from Eng Soon, non-BMW. They said they dun sell BMW or the carbon type (which removes smell??). On the phone, Eng Soon, quoted S$55....then i said S$45, they said okay...............Did I get con off a few dollars? Small amount, just feeling of being paying more sucks..........

skyglobal;524814 said:
Also, I paid S$45 for a pair from Eng Soon, non-BMW. They said they dun sell BMW or the carbon type (which removes smell??). On the phone, Eng Soon, quoted S$55....then i said S$45, they said okay...............Did I get con off a few dollars? Small amount, just feeling of being paying more sucks..........
The $45 is OEM, price is around there. Original BMW one is around $60+ to $70+. Either one should be ok. Luckily you bought the cheaper one (or luckily they ran out of original BMW filter), or else your Cold Storage item very expensive liao :woottt:

skyglobal;524814 said:
Aircon Micro filter. When my E60 was 20K km, pml kept asking me to change the microfilter. Isaid no. He said got smell, air not fresh, etc. NOw 30K and 18 months old and due for servicing, i went down to Eng Soon to buy a pair of Microfilter.....S$45. Went home to change, open the cover, WTF, the original filter still very clean....no leaves, no dust, got a few small flies, I just dust it off, and put it back........COLD STORAGE the filters from Eng Soon.

Lesson learnt:
- Check filters before going to buy new ones.............I think no need to change microfilters until maybt 50-60k km...

very surprised of your condition after 30k mileage and 18 months... that could also mean that the original filter was not efficient in filtering off the particles, Original specsshould have 65% efficiency of 0.3um particles.

Quite strange also, I would expect the microfilter to be like the filer in a vacuum cleaner, but mine came up very clean.........just a few flies and a few "bigger" specks of dirt. I just dusted and all fell out...............also is there supposed to be an indicator on the OBC to ask you to change the micro filter??

Separate note: I am having an appt at PML to change engine oil and brake oil. I will bring 8l of Shell Helix and 1l of BMW Dot 4 brake oil. Labour for Engine oil change should be S$22+S$33. For Brake oil should be S$50++. So, I expect to pay only about S$100-120. I think PML will flip...............I think they have been overcharging and this is what they get............customers bringing their own materials...........

Hi,

Are you sure PML allow you to bring your own oil and parts?? I would be damm suprised!

Cheers

skyglobal;524888 said:
Quite strange also, I would expect the microfilter to be like the filer in a vacuum cleaner, but mine came up very clean.........just a few flies and a few "bigger" specks of dirt. I just dusted and all fell out...............also is there supposed to be an indicator on the OBC to ask you to change the micro filter??

Separate note: I am having an appt at PML to change engine oil and brake oil. I will bring 8l of Shell Helix and 1l of BMW Dot 4 brake oil. Labour for Engine oil change should be S$22+S$33. For Brake oil should be S$50++. So, I expect to pay only about S$100-120. I think PML will flip...............I think they have been overcharging and this is what they get............customers bringing their own materials...........

zorro;524889 said:
Hi,

Are you sure PML allow you to bring your own oil and parts?? I would be damm suprised!

Cheers
oil yes. not parts. even if there were original BMW parts. as long as its not from them they will not entertain installation, coz they cant warranty it

pengful;523785 said:
Robot can buy for you and you can buy him kopi. Wonderful arrangement. :)

Ha ha ya man.. Robot waiting for a very long time le...

Robot, will pm u for kopi and will try to get Joseph and aunty sandy if they available for u.. kekekeke...

Cheers!

Cha x 3

Hello PPLE, I know engine oil can bring your own to PML................how many brake fluid (BMW brand from Eng Soon)? I already bought.

cha x 3;524894 said:
Ha ha ya man.. Robot waiting for a very long time le...

Robot, will pm u for kopi and will try to get Joseph and aunty sandy if they available for u.. kekekeke...

Cheers!

Cha x 3

On la! Joseph wants to follow Sandy to toilet, to see which one Sandy goes to...:chinese:

C3P0;524928 said:
On la! Joseph wants to follow Sandy to toilet, to see which one Sandy goes to...:chinese:

haha.. dun let joseph see this or u sure jump at u again... kekekeee...

C3P0;524928 said:

:furious::furious::furious:.. chao Brobot, .. toilet your inverted spitoon wannabe robot face...^*&%^%%#$%## !!!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Thread declared up lorry.
Jawzsg and his want-sandy-to-pcc face's fault.

BRO, I know we can BYOEO (Bring your own Engine Oil) for PML to change. But anyone brought BMW Brake Fluid (from Eng Soon) for PML before?? ANy issues??

Since you have bought just try your luck else sell the brake fluid away loh....I may need to change mine too.

Dear Robot

I am a new owner of a 2nd hand 320. I intend to change the microfilter after reading your post :)
Pardon me if i seem sotong, any special tools i need?

whitelance78;590820 said:
Dear Robot

I am a new owner of a 2nd hand 320. I intend to change the microfilter after reading your post :)
Pardon me if i seem sotong, any special tools i need?

Hi whitelance,
U call me Robot, I like :thumbsup:
See my post below.

Last edited by a moderator:

quite interesting, i suppose the tool is given to us in the boot? Else, let me know where i can buy it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back