Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

Re: Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

nextreal;906956 said:
.... Strangely, it was because of the feeling I get at MA: that the service was very clinical. I mean the workshop area was so clean it looked like a lab. Somehow, I didn't feel "at home" like with those small workshops where oil-stained mechanics rush about and the service-advisor cum owner TCSS with me over packet of Yeo's. Generally, these very premium workshops lose the human touch, which some customers, like me, prefer over a 5-star lounge with butlers asking if I like some coffee which name I can't pronounce.

It is really each their own yea. I do not mind either since I am adaptable. In fact, we cannot blame bigger premium workshops to be clinical with clean environment, it is a code of conduct in the huge business 'ethics'... those with ISO certification definitely will be clinic with clean environment.

I've created a Facebook page just for this, you can also leave your comments there as well. And if you think that MA should have stated more clearly in their TSP to consumers, please support this by clicking "Likes" on your Facebook. We want some action or remedy immediately from them. Especially for those who had already bought the TSP from them, and not aware at all about these hidden "checks". Thank you.

Pixel Bug | Facebook

Seraphblade;907001 said:
Actually, as what MNut said, 210 for oil and filter change is quite a good price ma. Even without any checks at all...

I used to buy my own oil from the distributor @ Rangoon road and go to petrol kiosk for the oil and filter change also cost round that region Liao leh... I did once with BMS and once with garage r for my previous car using motul oil, and they charged me almost 250 for the oil alone Liao..

Should be $248 after standard scope and GST.

I am not expert so I let other 318/320 bros decide for themself.

(anyway my 325/335 oil service which I do at PML/outside workshop cost around the same. $145-150 when i bring my own 6.5L oil.)

C3P0;907058 said:
Should be $248 after standard scope and GST.

I am not expert so I let other 318/320 bros decide for themself.

(anyway my 325/335 oil service which I do at PML/outside workshop cost around the same. $145-150 when i bring my own 6.5L oil.)

C3PO Sart......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

nextreal;906956 said:
I mean the workshop area was so clean it looked like a lab. Somehow, I didn't feel "at home" like with those small workshops where oil-stained mechanics rush about and the service-advisor cum owner TCSS with me over packet of Yeo's. Generally, these very premium workshops lose the human touch, which some customers, like me, prefer over a 5-star lounge with butlers asking if I like some coffee which name I can't pronounce.

I personally prefer a clean environment and 5-star service because it do translate into quality of work. For example, for paintwork, PML's quote is the highest but I eventually chose PML because of the clean environment and 99% colour matching. The number of coats, quality of paint, curing process, clean environment and QC plays a part. So far I am very satisfied with their paint job, once for rear bumper and second time for front bumper and front bonnet.:goodup:
The other car involved in the minor accident was sent to a recommended workshop and the results are like heaven and earth. Suffice to say that I am glad I paid more for PML.

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelBug;907057 said:
I've created a Facebook page just for this, you can also leave your comments there as well. And if you think that MA should have stated more clearly in their TSP to consumers, please support this by clicking "Likes" on your Facebook. We want some action or remedy immediately from them. Especially for those who had already bought the TSP from them, and not aware at all about these hidden "checks". Thank you.

Maybe you should try selling the remainder of your package to a willing party and move on, instead of expending more time and energy on... umm "creating awareness."

MapleLeaf;906601 said:
I did a wheels alignment with MA. They charged me $200+. I was happy they did a good job. Also not familiar with the price - had a feeling that $200+ was ok (= one lunch with mother-in-law only mah).

At PML, the $22 service scope includes what looked like wheel alignment check. I received a printout of some readings for the 4 wheels when I received the invoice. Maybe it is because it was done during the 3-year warrant period. Everything is checked FOC.

In any case, the price for PML is slightly above $300 after GST for oil change service for my 335i, which is a lot cheaper than MA's tri service at $998 before GST with extras and probably some expiry date too. Not flaming any party but just sharing information with everyone as I believed in free flow of information so that consumers can make an informed decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

22+66 = 88
anyone hoot 2266 10 big 10 small?
huat ah!!!

ktnpl;907075 said:
At PML, the $22 service scope includes what looked like wheel alignment check. I received a printout of some readings for the 4 wheels when I received the invoice. Maybe it is because it was done during the 3-year warrant period. Everything is checked FOC.

In any case, the price for PML is slightly above $300 after GST for oil change service for my 335i, which is a lot cheaper than MA's tri service at $998 before GST with extras and probably some expiry date too. Not flaming any party but just sharing information with everyone as I believed in free flow of information so that consumers can make an informed decision.

Free flow of information is good... But many times ppl dun read or even search forums leh...

Oilman;907071 said:
Maybe you should try selling the remainder of your package to a willing party and move on, instead of expending more time and energy on... umm "creating awareness."

Yea just F it and move on lah... dwelling into this matter will only creates more negativity on yrself... MA wldn't bankrupt becos of losing you as a customer hence they wldn't provide u remedy as well... Spend the time with your love ones or children... Or watch prawno like SLK also can... cheers pixelbug

IS250C;906526 said:
I am extremely upset with all these dishonest workshop that quote job at the price then when you make payment they add another 7% GST. Usually I will end up in a short exchange with them that it is against GST regulation to quote without GST. But evertime LAN Lan pay up because sick of auguring with them but I don't visit them again.

They can quote w/o GST (just like F&B) as long as they state price is before tax.

Oilman;907071 said:

I agree with Oilman. Don't need to waste your energy. I know it's not about $88, but just take it that $88 spent for servicing.

This thread is sufficient to inform people about the discrepancies with the TSP. They can still continue selling their TSP but remember most of their customers come from this forum. If they don't seek to remedy the situation, it is to their disadvantage.

I also have a TSP that is still unused, going for my first session this coming Wednesday. I will see how that goes.

I have had several good and bad experiences with MA and PML. I think it all boils down to the person who serves you.

Correction to my earlier post, the numbers I saw on the PML's checklist are for tyre thread and brake lining, not wheel alignment. Paiseh.

Heed MW's advice... go for ala carte service. Happy, go back. Not happy, f**k it and go somewhere else. No unhappiness, no grouses, no nothing. That's what I do too... stick to a workshop I am happy with and go back for ala carte services.

Just an update, my car was just serviced by MA for the first time under the TSP.

During the servicing my SA found my brake (oil) service due 01/2013 so he asked if I wanted to do it in advance, I said OK. He did tell me it was chargeable, and his estimated quote was accurate.

I was not charged anything else so I think this sums up my experience.

On top of that I bought the F10 all weather floor mat and used the $100 voucher to offset half the cost. Trust me this is really the mat to get -- it's way better than the 3M stuff that I got on my old E90; it's thick, dense and perfectly fitted rubber mat. The only thing is that it costs twice the price ($190+). But with a voucher it becomes $90+.

So far so good and my car came back more responsive than before (might be the EO used, not sure what my car's ex-owner used) and my rims are crazy shiny. Question -- does MA remove the wheels to get them cleaned?

Quite impossible, the inside of my rims also shiny...

detach8;910698 said:
Quite impossible, the inside of my rims also shiny...

Dear Detach8,

That is our new BMW Car Care Spa at work. Glad that you were satisfied with the service. Thank you for allowing us to groom your car at Munich Automobiles BMW Car Care Spa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388winnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back