Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

Re: Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

to be honest i have a bad experience with them as well but move on la. Not happy don't go back again simple as that, there's plenty of good bimmers workshop around.

S2k;906849 said:
to be honest i have a bad experience with them as well but move on la. Not happy don't go back again simple as that, there's plenty of good bimmers workshop around.

yrs ultimate and I kana the same with my e90.. but from pml.. now also LL suck thumb go back to them..

Centurion9990;906851 said:
yrs ultimate and I kana the same with my e90.. but from pml.. now also LL suck thumb go back to them..

u know my story juz that i see no point in pursuing :D

life is too short, many meaningful and happy things awaiting us to do for ourselves and our loved ones...have to learn to let go and see open like S2K to be a happier man....

jjg;906715 said:
i totally agree with you if this is the sentiment of MA & get out of 3er or state clearly the target audiences (M car including M 135/335/535...blar blar blar...) in any post.

Maybe that's why they decided not to respond to me after asking for my car details but if they are not hard up to serve non-M customers they should not have asked for my details in the first place. Based on their actions, I guess they treat us as 2nd class in their eyes.
Moving on to happy things, where are the recommended places for servicing where beemer customers can have a happy experience with some creature comforts thrown in such as coffee lounge and newspapers/magazines other than PML?
BTW PML's servicng is affordable
General Scope $22 (fixed for past 3 years) which includes many checks including wheel alignment etc.
Changing Oil $33 (fixed for past 3 years)
Oil Filter $20+ (this item's cost inflates over time)
Synthetic Oil for 3 litre engine around $220
Refreshments free
All before GST ;)
Total after GST slightly above $300. One visit per year :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the post. I was thinking of using them after my 3yr warranty expires this yr....but then again maybe not after this experience. Can anyone here recommend or comment on Comfort Delgro? Are they good with BMs?

Alert: Munich Triple Service Package Complaint

I think the TSP is still good value for money after the S$200 MA discount for simple oil, filter change and simple checks. We can always opt not to go ahead with any addition chargeable services by MA.

iltdqd;906893 said:
life is too short, many meaningful and happy things awaiting us to do for ourselves and our loved ones...have to learn to let go and see open like S2K to be a happier man....

Agree. My experience also very ultimate but decided to let go to make myself happier.

Nevertheless, I think its perfectly alright to share such experiences here. In fact thats what forums are for. It will definitely helps potential and existing customers to manage their expectations, at the same time let the service provider to know what went wrong and give them a second chance to improve, if they feel that you are being cherished.

If one or two customers complain, then maybe its expectation. But if many had complaints, then probably there are some truth in it. At the end of the day, the decisions still lie with each of you.

Is it really Sime Darby ?

wt_know;906708 said:
behind big boss sime darby la ... no worries

in my humble opinion, i still find MA should not provide service for non M car. the purpose of MA is born is diluted. should just focus on M car including M 135/335/535. no frill and full airline service is different.

Only other place where I had a drink and sit down (like a real lounge) while waiting for my car is MBM / XBS.

Got other places - anyone ?

ktnpl;906897 said:
Maybe that's why they decided not to respond to me after asking for my car details but if they are not hard up to serve non-M customers they should not have asked for my details in the first place. Based on their actions, I guess they treat us as 2nd class in their eyes.
Moving on to happy things, where are the recommended places for servicing where beemer customers can have a happy experience with some creature comforts thrown in such as coffee lounge and newspapers/magazines other than PML?
BTW PML's servicng is affordable
General Scope $22 (fixed for past 3 years) which includes many checks including wheel alignment etc.
Changing Oil $33 (fixed for past 3 years)
Oil Filter $20+ (this item's cost inflates over time)
Synthetic Oil for 3 litre engine around $220
Refreshments free
All before GST ;)
Total after GST slightly above $300. One visit per year :D

I thought they do Taxis.......go try and let us know ?

Nightwind;906904 said:
Thanks for the post. I was thinking of using them after my 3yr warranty expires this yr....but then again maybe not after this experience. Can anyone here recommend or comment on Comfort Delgro? Are they good with BMs?

Anyway, didn't know this issue literally exploded into this proportion. I almost signed the TSP with MA 3 weeks ago until I was told the package price was before GST, which was an indication of more extra charges to come. I also wasn't informed about the extra bits I would have to pay.

I didn't buy the package. Strangely, it was because of the feeling I get at MA: that the service was very clinical. I mean the workshop area was so clean it looked like a lab. Somehow, I didn't feel "at home" like with those small workshops where oil-stained mechanics rush about and the service-advisor cum owner TCSS with me over packet of Yeo's. Generally, these very premium workshops lose the human touch, which some customers, like me, prefer over a 5-star lounge with butlers asking if I like some coffee which name I can't pronounce.

Happened to me too when I went there for my air-con problems few months back. They did the physical analysis and Was told to pay 50% for the quoted before repair. Was also informed that the price may increase depending on the problem. Paid $700+ and was assured that its should be +-10% of what I was quoted. In the end, the entire repair cost came close to $3500. Was pissed off then of course but what to do? Already committed and have to finish up the repairs right?! In the end still pay but I know I won't be back for sure.
Won't go into details of who was the SA and what happened. It's past and time to moved on. Certainly many other "thumbs up" workshop around. Last servicing went to M&Q with recommendations from bros here and really happy with th service. So, try around and you will find a WS that you prefer eventually. Good luck with that! Cheers.

Red_Bean_Bun;906922 said:
Only other place where I had a drink and sit down (like a real lounge) while waiting for my car is MBM / XBS.

Got other places - anyone ?

R2D, J4C, 2277, BMWorkshop, all got lounge.

Bimshop got fish tank, Korean XMM MTV plus 100Plus to drink.

BestManWins;906958 said:
Was told to pay 50% for the quoted before repair. Was also informed that the price may increase depending on the problem. Paid $700+ and was assured that its should be +-10% of what I was quoted. In the end, the entire repair cost came close to $3500. Was pissed off then of course but what to do?

This is significant. $1400 quote (paid $700) ended up at $3,500, despite the +/- 10% figure. Misrepresentation? Management malpractice? Or plain poor quote from advisor?

Poor analysis and poor quote from SA! In the end, SA had to request mgt for 200voucher to offset a little of my pain.

BestManWins;906966 said:
Poor analysis and poor quote from SA! In the end, SA had to request mgt for 200voucher to offset a little of my pain.

Hmmm..... not sure market price but I suspect you can probably change entire aircon for less than $3.5k anywhere outside. Am I right??

A workshop quoted me 1.7K to replace my whole aircon on my E39 some years ago. Later I ended up only paying only S$150 bcos they found that my aircon works properly after taking out the compressor for cleaning. It was a pleasant surprise.

Actually, as what MNut said, 210 for oil and filter change is quite a good price ma. Even without any checks at all...

I used to buy my own oil from the distributor @ Rangoon road and go to petrol kiosk for the oil and filter change also cost round that region Liao leh... I did once with BMS and once with garage r for my previous car using motul oil, and they charged me almost 250 for the oil alone Liao..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red123bet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back