All newbies please read!

Hi guys, just got a 2011 740 F02 few months back and looking to join an interesting WhatsApp chat group. Previously drove Mercedes E’s and S’s.
my mobile: 97338638
Name’s David NG
thanks in advance. Cheers!

hey guys, I’m Chris and just inked the deal for a pre-owned X1 sDrive18i with 70k mileage for a 9 year old ride...everything looks pristine and feel free to let me know if there is anything I should do upon collection tomorrow. Virgin bmw owner though I have been driving only bmw cars in Europe whenever I travel every year for work. Feels great to finally own 1 and be a part of this extended family!
Stay safe & healthy all!

hey guys.. ajacks here.... 2nd bimmer, rolled off a 630i E63 and into a 520i G30 now.. looking to connect.. one nagging thought with the ride though is the base sound system.. that just has to go w/o me f***ing the warranty... any bros that have thoughts are much welcomed

Hi everyone, just got a F10 520i a while ago. Looking forward to learn more about the ultimate driving machine from everyone! Cheers!

Dear Ryan and all BMW.sg members.

Thank you Ryan for the warm welcome.

I'm Yoong, just got myself a 216i AT on 9 Aug 2020 (Yes on this day!) hence I - a newbies join this club to learn more from everyone.

Hi all member,

Just ordered a 320i Lux last week. Hope it will be a wonderful ride for the next few years. Will probably upgrade the sound system. Any advice will be most welcome.

Hello All
Collected my X3 (SDRIVE20I) a month back. It is my 2nd BMW ride. Drove A6 before 523i, and decided to stick back with BMW for now. :)
Hopefully it is the right decision.
Take care everyone and stay safe!
Cheers!

Hi all
I've owned BMWs for over 20 years on three different continents. Always been happy with them and always went back for more.
Been in Singapore for 8 years now and bought a lovely second hand 335i convertible.
Its been lovely to drive but the poor thing has been getting some ache and pains recently. Had a squeaking noise so I took it to PML on Alexandra Road. New fan belt and tensioner done for over $800. Three weeks later the car breaks on the CTE - exact same problem but this time the fan belt is shredded and had damaged the oil seal.
Got it towed to an independent garage as it was a sunday afternoon and now PML refuses to acknowledge their responsibility.
Whilst I understand the legalities of it, the level of customer service is poor and it has actually put me off buying another BMW.
I can see that many of the other BMW owners have had issues with PML. Should I use this as a sign that perhaps its time to move on from BMWs as the level of service and commitment locally is not really there?

Genuinely interested to see what opinions are.

Many thanks
Potentially an ex-BMW driver

A very good day to u all handsomes and beauties!! Hahahah! De xian here, just sold my civic type R looking to change to m135i. Hope to join u guys for meet ups and learn more about the car when i get it haha. Gonna be the first time owning a BMW, very very excited now :dance:. I'm currently serving the nation so please pardon me if i dun reply fast enough :D

Hi folks. Prashant here. Looking to buy the 318i. My first car, so I'm quite clueless regarding what to expect. Looking for a comfy family car but hopefully fun to drive too. Is the new 318i a good entry point? Is it underpowered? And I know this is a BMW forum but how does it compare to a Merc base model c class? Thanks for your help!

Car specs: 318i sport edition, 156bhp, 250Nm, seems to be well kitted in terms of features.

Hi folks. Prashant here. Looking to buy the 318i. My first car, so I'm quite clueless regarding what to expect. Looking for a comfy family car but hopefully fun to drive too. Is the new 318i a good entry point? Is it underpowered? And I know this is a BMW forum but how does it compare to a Merc base model c class? Thanks for your help!

Car specs: 318i sport edition, 156bhp, 250Nm, seems to be well kitted in terms of features.

Your 1st car ? And a BMW ? New or used ? Expectations in terms of reliability ?

1st of all welcome to the forum,
2nd if you're looking for a car that you just don't care about i.e just want to put air oil and water and hope it lasts 10 years DON'T buy a BMW.
3rd Merc vs BMW ? Well I've had both and BMWs are more fun to drive and more to mod but comparatively the merc lasts longer and breaks less often.
4th what matters to you ? Engine power ? Trim level and equipment ? Basically find one with all the stuff already in it (YES PAY FOR IT) instead of trying to retrofit it later (saves time and $)
5th have a search around the F30 forum and google the various issues affecting the platform, and if the repairs and maintaince costs is a concern don't buy it.

All the best with you're search, remember a car is a huge financial LIBILITY and money pit no matter which way you look at it. Pleasure and fun and freedom can be better found with the $ in your pocket instead of a depreciating piece of metal.

Your 1st car ? And a BMW ? New or used ? Expectations in terms of reliability ?

1st of all welcome to the forum,
2nd if you're looking for a car that you just don't care about i.e just want to put air oil and water and hope it lasts 10 years DON'T buy a BMW.
3rd Merc vs BMW ? Well I've had both and BMWs are more fun to drive and more to mod but comparatively the merc lasts longer and breaks less often.
4th what matters to you ? Engine power ? Trim level and equipment ? Basically find one with all the stuff already in it (YES PAY FOR IT) instead of trying to retrofit it later (saves time and $)
5th have a search around the F30 forum and google the various issues affecting the platform, and if the repairs and maintaince costs is a concern don't buy it.

All the best with you're search, remember a car is a huge financial LIBILITY and money pit no matter which way you look at it. Pleasure and fun and freedom can be better found with the $ in your pocket instead of a depreciating piece of metal.

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply! And the warm welcome :) I am looking at the new 318i (G20). I have heard of the reliability issues of the conti cars but what gives me some confidence here is PML is giving 5 year servicing including parts like oil filters, clutch, wipers, etc (apparently offered if you are an employee of a certain list of companies). I hope that would offset most of the maintenance costs for the first 5 years at least.

On the Merc lasts longer point, thanks, something for me to take note of.

On the 4th point, as a first time buyer, I don't know for sure what all kit is required. But this seems to have a lot of stuff already like blindspot warning, lane departure stuff, parking assist (which i found really cool!), Interior features like wireless charging, decent infotainment (10.x" + 12.x") etc. What I found lacking was adaptive cruise control (it has regular one with braking assist) and those gear paddles but I guess I can live without that. Do let me know if there is something particular I need to look out for!

Lastly, the does the G20 have the same issues as the F30 or have the resolved them?

Thanks for your help again!

Hi folks, Remi here, first time BMW driver (moved from a VW sable), collecting my X1 F48 (used) this week. Looking forward to it and getting advice from the folks here on keeping it in shape.

Hi, this is kenny first time car owner. Just received F46 216i GT sports.

looking forward to learn more from this group. Do add me to telegram if there is one for this model. @kenny904

Is it possible to change head unit without voiding the warranty?

fuel consumption at avg 9km/l mostly non-expressway, this is normal?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip9fit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back