Any Battery brands to recommend?

Re: Any Battery brands to recommend?

howgozit;600149 said:
Thanks for reply, some questions wrt AGM batts

1. Do you mean $680 is a reasonable price for an AGM battery?

2. What is the typical warranty one can expect for an AGM battery?

rgds

1) Yes that is what one should expect if looking for AGM battery
2) AGM battery give 2 years warranty.

gadaffi;600211 said:
1) Yes that is what one should expect if looking for AGM battery
2) AGM battery give 2 years warranty.

That was what I was quoted by PML for an AGM battery and with a 2year warranty. But they didn't tell me the brand just that it is an AGM batt.. Would you happen to know how long does an AGM battery typically last? I have read in your links that they can last 3-10 years, is that accurate in our kind of climate?

Can you please pm me the price of your Odyssey battery that you are bringing in, one that is suitable for the 730i (E65)?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

i think change battery can try in malaysia leh, very cheap there now especially for the maintenance free type.
as long as got 2 year warranty, shd be fine.

Hi bro dsiemy,

Thanks for reply, aiyah but a bit too late lah......

This thread went cold with no reply so I decided to replace it at PML since I sent the car in for some other works.

I replaced it with the standard 7series 90AH AGM battery which costs about $500+ but managed to get a 10% discount. After labour, registering and GST came to about $600+.(Ouch!)

Scouted around for suitable AGM batteries in SIN but couldn't find one and no response from Gadafi on the Odyssey AGM batteries. One of the problems is the fit of battery in the battery compartment (not much space to work with). The best fit was the MIDAC battery that BOSS is pushing but it was not an AGM battery (half the price though).

Btw, I sent in my car for a propshaft couple change (occasionally there was some clanking noise during gear change ($500+) and to clear the EGS adaptation (the infamous BMW jerk when stopping ($80+). Burnt a big hole in my wallet. So far so good (touch wood) and very happy with the ride now.

For future reference, hope you can recommend some workshops in Malaysia that I can change the battery (and of course they must be able to register the battery as well)

Cheers and Happy New Year!

howgozit;600285 said:
That was what I was quoted by PML for an AGM battery and with a 2year warranty. But they didn't tell me the brand just that it is an AGM batt.. Would you happen to know how long does an AGM battery typically last? I have read in your links that they can last 3-10 years, is that accurate in our kind of climate?

Can you please pm me the price of your Odyssey battery that you are bringing in, one that is suitable for the 730i (E65)?

Thanks!

sorry bro, i overlook this thread.
From my experienced with Odyssey Battery here in Asia climate, life span its around 5 to 7 years.
Odyssey battery are the only battery that is explosion free and the only battery that can travel by air.
Once again i apologise to you for my late reply.
Do pm me if there is anything u want to know more on Odyssey product.

brandonng;600024 said:
My sister 320i broke down yesterdae while driving to school and called up PML. Dead batt after 3 years onli.

change on the stop by the guy....paid $280 include GST.

mine's a E90 320i and was told by the tyre shop i went to, to change my battery as it's mfr in 2007 and need to change already. Though my car is a FY08 mfr.
didnt asked much n just take their word for it as i also scared wait CNY died on me then i really die.
Changed to a BOSCH 60 amp though stk is 55 amp for less then $200.

How heavy is Odyssey battery compare to MIDAC, AGM and BOLIDEN.
Cos the Boliden is damn fxxxxx heavy.

gadaffi;604314 said:
sorry bro, i overlook this thread.
From my experienced with Odyssey Battery here in Asia climate, life span its around 5 to 7 years.
Odyssey battery are the only battery that is explosion free and the only battery that can travel by air.
Once again i apologise to you for my late reply.
Do pm me if there is anything u want to know more on Odyssey product.

donaldho;610953 said:
How heavy is Odyssey battery compare to MIDAC, AGM and BOLIDEN.
Cos the Boliden is damn fxxxxx heavy.

It depends on the model

Odyssey PC1200MJT (different measurement compare to OEM battery) - 17kg
Odyssey PC1700MJT (OEM standard with more pure lead) - 27kg
MIDAC Xtra XL5 (OEM Standard) - 20kg

Hi Gadaffi, Thanks for your prompt reply, what the different with PC925 & PC1200MJT in term of Ah and other thing? which is best for the 645ci? Can also PM me the price for all? Thanks in advance.

donaldho;611002 said:
Hi Gadaffi, Thanks for your prompt reply, what the different with PC925 & PC1200MJT in term of Ah and other thing? which is best for the 645ci? Can also PM me the price for all? Thanks in advance.

PM reply...

bro,

long time no see! can you recommend a suitable odyssey battery for lotus exige and PM me the cost?

cheers

louis;611186 said:
bro,

long time no see! can you recommend a suitable odyssey battery for lotus exige and PM me the cost?

cheers

Hi bro,

Its been years DOC!!!

please see PM.

helo bro gadaffi!
can you pls pm the price for e90 for the midac battery? do u do the installation as well?
thankyou

tong;612328 said:
helo bro gadaffi!
can you pls pm the price for e90 for the midac battery? do u do the installation as well?
thankyou

PM sent bro.
Thank You

Hii Can any bro here recommend which battery to change to? e90....jus looking for something good n not too exx.....thanks:)

for bmws, if i'm not wrong, the stock ones that came with the car were AGM batteries.

you can look up vatar Ultra Dynamic batteries.

I just changed my original E60 battery after almost 5 years. Went direct to Nam Wah Battery Co at Ubi, which is distributor for Hoppecke & Amaron maintenance free batteries.

Had the Amaron 100Amps for $280 excl gst. Hoppecke 80Amps battery cost only $250. Higher Amp improves cranking. There was no need for reprogramming as there was a spare power supply connected to my car cigarette lighter to ensure that electrical supply is not disrupted during the change.

The prices are $100-120 cheaper than if you were to do service workshops.

I think it's best to use AGM type battery for our car, No?... which cost abt $500 to $650

donaldho;626999 said:
I think it's best to use AGM type battery for our car, No?... which cost abt $500 to $650

Of course AGM is good but there r others in market which are equally good, if not better.

Divespyder;627020 said:
Of course AGM is good but there r others in market which are equally good, if not better.
What kind of battery better than AGM?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back