any F30 owner faced rusted seat frames issue?

Re: any F30 owner faced rusted seat frames issue?

Busy checking their seats and spraying WD40.

jan999;906117 said:
no feedback from fellow F30's owner?

Finally had time to go prowl under my seats. Major rust on the drivers side. Surface at the moment. Took some pictures. Going to email and complain to the service manager at PML on Monday.

Sigh... the troubles I've had so far haven't left a good impression on BMW quality.

View attachment 42588View attachment 42589

Last edited by a moderator:

Alamak!! Hope all goes well for u..

Shit this has gotta suck they have a 10 year rust warranty but AFAIK it is for the OUTSIDE so let's see what they say about this.

BMW F series (new) vs E series (latest) ... don't know what to say

F10 got rust problem or not?

Just checked mine, looks ok so far..

If rust down the months, will claim warranty. Rust is not acceptable and a big compromise on safety, rust can weaken the metal structure. Will monitor. Anyone who have claim this?

Just to check if anyone knows where is F30 manufactured munich or SA?

Mine was an early Munich production car. Spoken to PML and they've taken pictures and filed a report with BMW Asia, as expected they're going to replace my seat pans. But will take a while before it gets here

340driver;906537 said:
Finally had time to go prowl under my seats. Major rust on the drivers side. Surface at the moment. Took some pictures. Going to email and complain to the service manager at PML on Monday.

Sigh... the troubles I've had so far haven't left a good impression on BMW quality.

yes, already proven global problem.

mine is a MY reg car. called BMW Malaysia yest. and they admitted they receivd tons of complaints

yes, already proven global problem.

mine is a MY reg car. called BMW Malaysia yest. and they admitted they receivd tons of complaints

340driver;910043 said:
Mine was an early Munich production car. Spoken to PML and they've taken pictures and filed a report with BMW Asia, as expected they're going to replace my seat pans. But will take a while before it gets here

I asked pml , guess what, they told me they never heard of this problem on the F30 : (

at least never say "that is normal"

Growler;910791 said:
I asked pml , guess what, they told me they never heard of this problem on the F30 : (

Now isn't that something, when I took my car to them that was the exact line I got as well. But one would have thought that after having seen one in the metal they'd change the tune a bit? The surprises never cease..

Just out of curiousity though, are your seat pans suffering the same rust issues as described?

Growler;910791 said:

bros, just checking how is the fuel consumption for your F30 320i?

mine is doing about 9km/l only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back