BC Coilovers?

regret

Anyone heard of them? Fong Kim carrying...Got 2 of my frens using on their E46 & they claim they swear by it.......thinking of installing....any advice?

Re: BC Coilovers?

If it's good val for money why not give a try...
So far i hv really seen a detailed review on this.

I am not sure if one of your fren is forummer "subzero". I am sure he will be more than willing to share with u his experience.

Heard of the 32 settings on this Bor-Chuann brand. Taiwanese made. Fellow brothers Shaaz and Whisky Tango can perhaps share with you on the merits of the BC coilovers.

http://www.bcec.com.tw/products/bmw.html

For the amt of money u pay, i din really expect superb handling but then again.. my car is pretty stiff after installing the coilovers... had them more for than 6mths, still going strong... got a feel for the track once... and still going strong.

For me, it works,handles and moves the way i want it . 32 settings and height adjustable.

So wot settings u think are equivalent to stock sport suspension?
does the kit come with warranty?

how much are we looking at? (or pm me pls?..:)..almost time to change shocks....

cheers..:)

michael

No complains so far since April/May this year.

Tracked twice already.

Handles so much better now on the track corners. Less busy then before.

Street usage, I turn to 16clicks front and 12clicks rear. This setting is similar to the EVO stock suspension feel.
On the track, the setting will be 28front and 24rear. Almost zero roll.

For S$1100 for all 4pcs with height/damper adjust and 1year warranty. I would think its value for money comparing to non adjustables set like Sachs Sporting Kit (S$1300?)

My front set comes with camber kit and I paid S$300 more.

Cheers!

I was only wondering if they have it for cabrios......

I have asked Ricky before and he said BC for E46 models are the same where mounting point is concern.

But diff model has diff weight, so how does the damper varies though height adjust has no issue.
He said, since theres 32clicks, the hardness for different weight cars can be adjusted from there since the spring stiffness is more stiff then other makes within the same category.

Take it as a pinch of salt where shocks performance for heavier car is concern. Unless you dun mind paying S$1100 for trying.

Hi ! Shaaz

Any idea if you adjusted both front and rear to setting 32, will it be equivalent to stock sport suspension comfort?

Whisky_Tango said:
I have asked Ricky before and he said BC for E46 models are the same where mounting point is concern.

But diff model has diff weight, so how does the damper varies though height adjust has no issue.
He said, since theres 32clicks, the hardness for different weight cars can be adjusted from there since the spring stiffness is more stiff then other makes within the same category.

Take it as a pinch of salt where shocks performance for heavier car is concern. Unless you dun mind paying S$1100 for trying.

I agreed with u. Suspension design is a science(no joke) so I can't see that a Cab which is about at least 200kg or more heavier using the same suspension as the saloon. The 32clicks is for damping stiffness but that does not take into account of heavier load on the shock itself due to the heavier weight of the car.

Cheers!
:)

wa! response so gd ar?? den must go put liao!..cheap & GD!! :)
Any1 wans to do together?? maybe can get more discounts!!!

At $1100, can't complain.

Ricky says the height adjustment takes care of the different weight bewteen 318 and 320, but I don't think so. My fronts which are at the highest height setting is at 1 finger gap, can't go higher if I wanted to.

T6 should be able to comment on ride comfort as he was in my ride for a long drive. As I've not sat in any other E46s with other coilovers/suspensions I'm not able to compare. But versus stock it is much better, no more roll and sway, taking corners so much more stable and with greater confidence.

Cheers,

hahha..i keen... but mine's an E36... wonder if they stock it..:)

regret said:

regret said:

Cheap and good already, you still think u can get more discount?. SGD1100... doubt u can get any lower, Ricky is already giving a good price, last i heard.. it's not SGD1100 anymore.

Seriously speaking in my very honest opinion, the price vs quality we pay for a set of BC coilovers definitely beats getting a set of Tein's or H&R or Bilsteins.

There are a few forummer's here who have installed the BC and so far I have not had any negative reviews about it. For the price we pay for other "branded" aftermarket coilovers we can purchase 2-3 sets of the BC coilovers... Do the maths...

Looks like I'm gonna get this set after my present ones go kaput.

Swee Rod
Maybe can put in my Z oso....keke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back