• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 523 Face Lift

darkangel

Dear all,
Need some help here....

I was in the PML showroom last weekend looking for a 5 series... was told that 523 is the basic model now and the model they are carrying now is a face lifted model that they launched only 2 weeks ago... can anyone confirm that?

Thanks a bunch!

Re: BMW 523 Face Lift

yes... i can confirm that.
this face-lifted model is much better than the 1st launch one in terms of drive and interior
i just bought one too...
getting my car this coming weekend.

thanks for the quick reply!

did u just place your order recently? how long did you have to wait for the car? and if you don't mind me asking... what is the price of your ride and any freebies thrown in by the agent?

thanks a million!

hi,
i was given a special price as i bought together with my friend...
in total we got 2 nos of 523i that is why our special prices are in the range of $175k to 180k (not good to reveal the actual price here)

we were given the bluetooth set for mobile phone cost ard a few hundred bucks but now no stock, have to wait until the stock comes.
both cars were bought within this month and since the color for our cars are available in stock therefore we are able to get our cars within 3 weeks upon signing the purchase doc.

wow! thanks for your super quick reply!

3 weeks?! that's fast! in that case i shd visit them soon and ask for some discounts too!!! heh! heh!

bluetooth? is that the normal bluetooth or some special gadgets for BMW's owners?

Hi, I got my 523 LCI (the current model) about two weeks ago.

The waiting period is very short. I booked, waited for about two weeks and my car is already on the road. As for the price, I got it abt the range of SGD175 after overtrade but before loan rebate. The bluetooth handset is also being "throw" in.

Overall, I think it is ok at that price and I am happy.

Regards,

thanks for the replies bros!

160 for the old model? isn't that a good price? is there any difference between the 2 models?

btw, what is LCI?

so i suppose the bluetooth is just a normal bluetooth headset?

how's the ride bro? i'm sure you're enjoying it every bit!

however, i feel the interior finishing looks abit cheaper compared to some of the older models... not too sure if its because of the different levels of trim...

black_cat;215075 said:
Hi, I got my 523 LCI (the current model) about two weeks ago.

The waiting period is very short. I booked, waited for about two weeks and my car is already on the road. As for the price, I got it abt the range of SGD175 after overtrade but before loan rebate. The bluetooth handset is also being "throw" in.

Overall, I think it is ok at that price and I am happy.

Regards,

Hi, simple comments as follows:

The ride is good with 190 bhp compared to the old model (170).

The interior trim needs much improvement, especially the dials for the aircon. It feels plasticky.

The headlights and tail-lights are nice.

I received my new 523i about 2 weeks ago. Like the responsive engine and good road handling. But I find the engine rough while idling. Do any of you feel likewise?

ongdesmond;215254 said:
I received my new 523i about 2 weeks ago. Like the responsive engine and good road handling. But I find the engine rough while idling. Do any of you feel likewise?

Hi, I agree this new model the engine is quite responsive. I test drove both the 523 and 525, the difference is not that great to justify paying the 20 plus thousand more, not to me anyway. The 525 seems a bit more perky at lower torque.

Enjoy your car mate, I have swore never to buy a new car again so even when I was offered 170k for the 523, I din make the plunge. And the reason I test drove since I'm not buying a new car is because my fren wanted to buy and request me to test drive the cars and tell him how I feel.

Really envy you, enjoy the new car.

Cheers
Muddie

in fact the new 523i comes with "flat run tyres" that they claimed can continue to run for about 150km even the tyre is punctured...
seems cool but no spare tyre given as i understand from PML that one piece of the tyre cost as high as 600+ so hope there are cheaper options to it when time comes to change the tyres...

i had went to test drive audi after test driving this new 523 too...
i would prefer the interior of the audi to bmw but in terms of drive and quietness, bmw is the clear choice...
since the price for both audi and bmw of the same engine capacity is about the same... of course bmw is more value for money...

does any owner knows of the bmw 5 series previlages and club???
the salesman told me something about it but i am kinda unclear as he just briefly mentioned on it...

Firstly, LCI stands for LifeCycle Impulse....

The main differences between the 5 and the LCI 5:

1. Interior changes - gear knob, door grabs, USB Port, air controls, door design, steering wheel, Leather armrest, iDrive controller, 8 additional buttons for iDrive (favourite function programmable buttons) and new iDrive screen layouts.
2. Exterior - front bumper, kidney grill, headlights, fog lights, side sill panel, rear bumper, rear lamp units, mini-finisher, smaller exhaust cut outs and new rim designs.
3. Additional Equipment - Cruise Control as standard across range
4. Engines - 177bhp/230Nm (N52) Vs 190bhp/235Nm (N53) for 523. N53 engines have HPI, new Sports gearbox (not sure whether available in 523/525 guises)

I think that's about it... if you are not an owner/ enthusiast, you would probably not be able to tell the difference...

I personally feel that the door and door grabs for the LCI are of poorer quality than the pre LCI models.... If you look at the pre LCI models, you will find it unique and of better quality (but this is a matter of opinion).... and the iDrive, whose original function was to reduce button clutter.... they have kind of 'reversed' this by adding more buttons...

Anyone can comment on the 8 programmable buttons? Are they like the steering wheel buttons? Are the programs limited?

Love the new gear knob though... real nice feel...

BTW, the front and rear lights can be changed, and the other bits of body kit, once changed to the M Aero or other kits, will be very difficult to recognise as the pre or the LCI models....

TheNew7;215314 said:
BTW, the front and rear lights can be changed, and the other bits of body kit, once changed to the M Aero or other kits, will be very difficult to recognise as the pre or the LCI models....

Hi I am very new this forum . Could you please let me know what kits are available for the ne FL 523? M Aero or other kits Plus the options for headlamps and taillamp changes?
much appreciated.

Cheers

Does anyone know if you do standard tune the 523i LCi, would the performance be about the same as the 523i FL? The tune should bring the Bhp close 190 and the Nm to 245...

thanks.
petr

Hey thanks for all the feedback and advises!!! Seems there are both pros and cons to this new machine... i too felt the finishing of the interior could have been better considering its a BMW...... although in terms of specs, it has almost everything you need if not everything....... hmmmmm........

There are many body kits available for the 5... the most common being the M Aero and ACS ones... But if you are interested, come to the 5er gathering this weekend and you will find out what modding is all about....

Check out Terry's 20" monster rims
Check out Bobby's BBKs....
and many more.....

Hi All,

I just joined this forum and came across this thread. I booked the new 523i about a month ago but because we wanted optional features, the car will only arrive sometime in late July/ early August. Because of that we paid a bit more than what heynsl paid

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back