BMW Performance Intake

Re: BMW Performance Intake

Brembo GT is the way to go. I agree if you are looking to fitting one to replace your present system. Even though it is a 4 potter but it was design to be track from design up.

No, the problem is not with the ceramic insert as Porsche has some cars using the same caliper piston too they run fine using after market pads mean for the caliper not some cut and use job. The job of the ceramic is for heat insulation where by it transfer less heat to the caliper where by reducing the heat transfer to the brake fluid.

Moderator please move post to the correct thread http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspension-brake-tyres-rims-section/28757-brake-system-135i.html

devilac;397146 said:
Brembo GT is the way to go. I agree if you are looking to fitting one to replace your present system. Even though it is a 4 potter but it was design to be track from design up.

No, the problem is not with the ceramic insert as Porsche has some cars using the same caliper piston too they run fine using after market pads mean for the caliper not some cut and use job. The job of the ceramic is for heat insulation where by it transfer less heat to the caliper where by reducing the heat transfer to the brake fluid.

Moderator please move post to the correct thread http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/suspension-brake-tyres-rims-section/28757-brake-system-135i.html

Don't have to move the whole thread lah.....here we can discuss on all BMW Performance parts.....

Agreed on the Heat transfer theory. But to melt the ceramic, the pads must be dam hot man.......kekekeke

'The Great White'

Bro can u pm the price of yr strut bar both in CF and non.
Thks. BTW Its for E93 325

Re: BMW Performance brakes calipers

well that the thing the ceramic didn't melt the dust cover/seal did. which will not be on racing calipers. The ceramic crack and the guys on 1 addict came to the conclusion that it could be the pad that cause some vibration and cause the ceramic insert to crack. The other possibility is that the pad hardness or material use could be unsuitable for use with the BMW calipers.

devilac;397564 said:
well that the thing the ceramic didn't melt the dust cover/seal did. which will not be on racing calipers. The ceramic crack and the guys on 1 addict came to the conclusion that it could be the pad that cause some vibration and cause the ceramic insert to crack. The other possibility is that the pad hardness or material use could be unsuitable for use with the BMW calipers.

Seriously, I don't think it's pads loh.....

Alot of us uses Race pads for our track days at Sepang, Ferodo, Hawk, Pagid, PFC.....

We really make full use of our BBKs in the track......alot of bros here know how late I brake......kekekeke

Pads can wear till almost gone, calipers still swee swee.....

Maybe our bro Shaun can share some views???

Calling Shaun......

'The Great White'

bro can pm me price of the Performance Exhaust? kekeke, i saw the video clips on youtube.... I'm going crazy about it now!

Hendrick;397582 said:
bro can pm me price of the Performance Exhaust? kekeke, i saw the video clips on youtube.... I'm going crazy about it now!

Save $ oready??

kekekeke

'The Great White'

wilman2772;397572 said:
Seriously, I don't think it's pads loh.....

Alot of us uses Race pads for our track days at Sepang, Ferodo, Hawk, Pagid, PFC.....

'The Great White'

You are buying Hawk or Ferodo for say an AP racing 7006 caliper. These people are not because they are using race pad for another caliper and cutting the pad down in size so that it will fit the BMW caliper. The guys that have gone racing with the stock brake pad claim that they didn't encounter this problem.

wilman2772;397585 said:
Save $ oready??

kekekeke

'The Great White'

need to gauge and pricecheck first mah! Then plan on what I wanna get first keke

Going to order 2 of this beauty.........

image.do

Air intake system*

The system that allows the engine of your BMW to breathe might just take your own breath away, particularly if it is the BMW
Performance air intake system.

Special air pipes and filters ensure that the engine is always provided with the optimum amount of air.

As a result, the cylinders are evenly filled, and so are able to produce more power and more torque.

The system also gives the engine an intake note that wouldn’t sound out of place on the racetrack.

Available for BMW E90/E92/E93 330i, 325i, 323i, E82/E88/E87 130i, 125i.

1 oready taken/pre-sold....

:cloud9:

'The Great White'

Ahbengdriver;397917 said:
KNN...335 dont have intake

Nope......335 fast enuf liao......any faster.....M3 makan grass liao......

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

'The Great White'

devilac;397756 said:
You are buying Hawk or Ferodo for say an AP racing 7006 caliper. These people are not because they are using race pad for another caliper and cutting the pad down in size so that it will fit the BMW caliper. The guys that have gone racing with the stock brake pad claim that they didn't encounter this problem.

Ya, it was due to the lashing between the improper dimesions of the custom cut race pads which likely damaged the pistons. Since the stock pads didn't cause this under race conditions, unlikely BMW/Brembo will want to be held responsible for the failure. Ceramic is used to insulate heat from heat transfer from pad to the calipers and boiling the brake fluid. It doesn't melt but its certainly more brittle compared to steel.

GeekinE90;398077 said:
Ya, it was due to the lashing between the improper dimesions of the custom cut race pads which likely damaged the pistons. Since the stock pads didn't cause this under race conditions, unlikely BMW/Brembo will want to be held responsible for the failure. Ceramic is used to insulate heat from heat transfer from pad to the calipers and boiling the brake fluid. It doesn't melt but its certainly more brittle compared to steel.

Just installed the BMW Performance Brake kit onto my E46 M3 yesterday, I will be monitoring the performance as well as keeping an eye on any piston damage over the next few months.

Here are some pics of the kit on my car:

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

hetraa;397140 said:
Brembo/Stoptech/AP good ah...get em! stock is lousy...

yah i totally agrees
was going 170km/h at nicol and made a late turn into the kpe....stepped too hard on my brake.... it feels like it hold on for abt 1-2sec and then it...wow! nearly lost grip.
so.... i better save up for a better brake kits

niuzai;426841 said:
yah i totally agrees
was going 170km/h at nicol and made a late turn into the kpe....stepped too hard on my brake.... it feels like it hold on for abt 1-2sec and then it...wow! nearly lost grip.

or.... drive slower round corners bro. :)

dude, 170kmh at nicoll into KPE? around a bend?

you need more than brakes - mebbe a drag chute... :lol2:

niuzai;426841 said:
yah i totally agrees

you won't have any problem with the pistons. The cracking only happen because they used a pad not design for the caliper they actually took brake pads from another car and cut it down to fit.

Wilson Bro,

Can PM me the price for the following for E93 325:
1) BMW Performance CF Strut Bar
2) BMW Performance Air Intake
3) Gruppe M air intake

Cheers Bro.
Eugene here, you got my number, can also sms me la.

hi
very nice bbk
can kindly let me know the damage?
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups