BMW Portable Naviagation system

Re: BMW Portable Naviagation system

Hi,

You dont get any interference noise from the GPS or when using bluetooth??

Audio086;437963 said:
Hi,

You dont get any interference noise from the GPS or when using bluetooth??

Crystal clear and seamless connection so far :cloud9:

(using Samsung phone)

No interference noise before direction was announced on GPS?? When did you collect your car?? Thx

the 'BMW Navigation System' is afterall a Garmin unit whose main purpose is to navigate. the bluetooth function has been abysmal at best as it is not really their area of expertise. So no point really to go PML bang table because it is an outsourced part. Any other garmin unit will not be able to give you the kind of voice quality that a stand-alone bluetooth module can, because of the fact that the microphone in the garmin was added so they can add "bluetooth function" on the brochure. if bluetooth handphone pairing is a must, then opt for the bmw bluetooth module because that is made specifically for this purpose.

Audio086;437995 said:
No interference noise before direction was announced on GPS?? When did you collect your car?? Thx

Hi, I collected my car this month. It has the professional module with bluetooth. Although portable module is outsourced, I think BMW would have tested it for compatibility?

GPS directions & POS on mine is not crystal clear,
static noise comes on b4 each announcement and
just after. Bluetooth connection is via the GPS unit
which is audible but can be better.

Just to add, I have used my other garmin
as a standalone, no static noise, whatsoever.
Anyone can verify that the bmw garmin
connection is via FM or direct link to car
speakers.

I have the same problem with Tribeca. I think ktnpl dont have this problem as he just collected his car and after so many complaint from owner. We can send back to PML.

ktnpl drives 335 with idrive built in gps feature right ?
it is different from the portable gps unit.
err, this is my guess only.

wt_know;438072 said:
ktnpl drives 335 with idrive built in gps feature right ?
it is different from the portable gps unit.
err, this is my guess only.

Yup, my iDrive has navigation and bluetooth. I will enquire about the portable unit when I meet my service adviser today/tomorrow. He's quite helpful.

The service adviser said you need to send the car to them for checking ... take one day.

They seem to take very long to repair one fault. They have not fixed my rear light problem (warranty item). Going back another day to get my faulty light fixed.

Thks, its such a small issue, yet
takes such a long time...probably
wait till service then.

ktnpl;438315 said:
The service adviser said you need to send the car to them for checking ... take one day.

They seem to take very long to repair one fault. They have not fixed my rear light problem (warranty item). Going back another day to get my faulty light fixed.

Hey hey, welcome to PML!!! I think all the older birds here know about this. Not surprised that they'll take one long day just to fix up a simple fault!

Nowadays, I 'accumulate' the faults and send them in one shot when I do my servicing. And after the long day, you'll find that the faults are still not rectified!!!

After a while, you kindof giveup, and just let the faults be there and bear with it. No time to keep going up and down, bang tables too often also sian.... Unless the faults are major and no choice got to go down.

I went for my servicing about one month ago, and highlighted to them that my bonnet couldn't close properly, one side is slanted from the left to the right. After a long day, they told me that they had spent many hours trying to rectify it and finally it was done. I took my car in a rush and went off. When I reached home, I realised that the bonnet is now slanted from the right to the left!!! ~!@#$%^%$#@ I really give up!!!

A few days later, I went to BVO to fix up something else. Then the boys there realised that my bonnet is slanted and opened it up. After 5 minutes of fiddling, the bonnet now close swee swee already.

Need I say more??

Bros....i am also having the interference when the GPS detachable unit makes the announcement or in bluetooth phone mode. What i have noticed is that once you off the engine, the interference ( bluetooth) goes off!

Will probably call up my SE tomorrow. Got my E90 FL last fortnight.

This portable Gamin link-up with bmw
seems wonky lah, all of the FL E90
drivers with this set up not too happy.
Lets all head down & sort it out with
service.

don't think there is an immediate solution if it is a design/product flaw rather than some loose or improper connections

Tribeca;439026 said:
This portable Gamin link-up with bmw
seems wonky lah, all of the FL E90
drivers with this set up not too happy.
Lets all head down & sort it out with
service.

Mr Mambo, could you let us know if PML could resolve the interference problem after sending your ride in?

Cheers buddy.

mambo;433351 said:
Not yet

I demand they let me used their courtesy car as they said this type of faults takes 2 days to solve.

Apparently they are going to replace another head unit for me and they said that the reprogramming part takes 2 days.

I have lots of outstanding problem beside this problem that i need to settle with PML and i only had my car for less than a month.

I suggest you make an appointment with them and demand a courtesy car so you will not be handicapped.

Read some forum messages that PML uses "foreign talent":)

Not that foreign talent no good... that the foreign talent can't understand english well? hahahaha

715;438659 said:
Hey hey, welcome to PML!!! I think all the older birds here know about this. Not surprised that they'll take one long day just to fix up a simple fault!

Nowadays, I 'accumulate' the faults and send them in one shot when I do my servicing. And after the long day, you'll find that the faults are still not rectified!!!

After a while, you kindof giveup, and just let the faults be there and bear with it. No time to keep going up and down, bang tables too often also sian.... Unless the faults are major and no choice got to go down.

I went for my servicing about one month ago, and highlighted to them that my bonnet couldn't close properly, one side is slanted from the left to the right. After a long day, they told me that they had spent many hours trying to rectify it and finally it was done. I took my car in a rush and went off. When I reached home, I realised that the bonnet is now slanted from the right to the left!!! ~!@#$%^%$#@ I really give up!!!

A few days later, I went to BVO to fix up something else. Then the boys there realised that my bonnet is slanted and opened it up. After 5 minutes of fiddling, the bonnet now close swee swee already.

Need I say more??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77ballcomco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back