BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

TripleM;669085 said:
King Arthur
Post Vid leh

Soon ... soon ... passing it to Shaun to do a proper compilation :)

Racebred;668511 said:
A big thanks to everyone for making this track day possible. It was really fun. Personally I like a bit of a damp track so that there's more variety to your driving. There were several no-shows. I'm sorry that once the pullouts hit the 40 car limit, I will not be able to offer refunds nor rollovers else we will run into losses.

I had the best time in the Atom.. A really big thanks to Kenneth, who's really generous to let me have a go in his little monster. This car is really the ultimate track car for me, not only because it gives you a good track attack timing, but also because it is so adjustable, slidy at times, and above all, without respect, this is a very unforgiving car. The adjustability gives you good fun. We know drifting a car doesnt give you good timing, but it sure as hell gives you max fun!!

The car forces you to be really disciplined with the throttle, and not just in the usual sense of not requesting max power all the time. If you are a closed loop driver, used to adjusting thottle positions to find grip or trim your lines, by say 2-3% throttle adjustments at a time, then you'll need to change your style. The supercharged version produces so much torque that even slight throttle changes will change your line. It forces you to commit to a throttle position, which requires confidence in the car and the track surface. Similar steering input adjustments changes your line instead of trimming it. This requires max discipline to drive into a corner. You have to trust the lean (and also the aero).

The fun comes when you are exiting the corner, coz it's all about getting the throttle gradually wider while countersteering your way out on the ideal line. If you "instinctively" lift off the throttle when you experience slip, the car tucks in too much and you upset the balance. What a really really fun car. The supercharger whine is louder than any other sound produced by the car, the brakes are firm and so easy to modulate, the non-assisted steering very direct and giving you the really important feedback, the gearbox so tight as direct, and the power... omg the power, it was easily the fastest accelerating thing out on the track that day. A third gear WOT run to redline is not for the faint hearted. Thanks kenneth, I want to get one now. :) :) :)

It was my pleasure :)

Anyways it would have been a waste to let the car just sit in the pits as I was ready for a break when you came along.

Come by again next track day if you want to drive the atom again..will have fresh slicks on it then. The slicks that was used the last time u drove already had 160 laps on them.

TripleM;669083 said:
He also raced? Bastid...

Ok thx Kenneth for the kind offer but won't b going up this time.

Another time mate.

bullshitt.. i did not race. u cheespies were racing!

Shaun;669087 said:
===

Kenneth, can I please substitute for Jack since he'll be away this time? :D

Sure!! Just come by and maybe you can teach me how to really drive the car :)

does the atom hv paddleshiftS?! go retrofit so i can drive

totoseow;669216 said:
does the atom hv paddleshiftS?! go retrofit so i can drive

No paddle shift and damn expensive to install now. You learn how to drive manual lah :)

And we were not racing. It just happened that you were leading the convoy and I was the sweeper with Jack in the middle ;)

discom;669224 said:
No paddle shift and damn expensive to install now. You learn how to drive manual lah :)

And we were not racing. It just happened that you were leading the convoy and I was the sweeper with Jack in the middle ;)

hmm maybe i will give manual a go....

ya thats right. track was wet too. we were just helping to dry the lines up.

i use my wings to flap...jack use the rubber to clear...n u were behind testing if water hits ur face...:yikess:

totoseow;669225 said:

i use my wings to flap...jack use the rubber to clear...n u were behind testing if water hits ur face...:yikess:

The GT3's exhaust was right in my face. Could actually feel the exhaust pulses. Lol

Elite;669080 said:
Nigel,

Uncle Shaun was mad you didn't take pics of the family sedan with the cool Ascendant stickers that make the car rain proof :laughlik::laughlik::laughlik:

Next TD eh ... lol !

Shaun;669087 said:
Hey hey! If you're mad, just admit it hehahah.. don't project it onto me please! :)

Nigel, Arthur is making stuff up ok? :)

HAHA!! took some of your M5 but it turned out to be blur so i decided to delete it and not post..

YEAH, FOR SURE I'LL TAKE SOME SHOTS FOR U NXT TD.. gotta go out early coz the sun is hot ah.. i'm aging, cant stand for long too!! HAHAHA!!

Last edited by a moderator:

harold996tt;668181 said:
Data Face,

Awesome getting the lines looked at by you mate.

In spite of having to go back to the drawing board on lines and coming out with lap times that would make newbies laugh, I must say I wish I had worked my lines way earlier and on road tires.

Mate, last two days were phenomenal for my learning. Can't wait to sort myself out and beat my evo and rs times. And this time I know will be doing it consistently and with understanding rather than out of sheer luck!

Awesome stuff buddy!

Very happy to see you progress and develop new appreciation for different aspects of driving, Harold! New level of respect especially cos of your sleeping early and no alcohol the night before. I didn't even have to ask lol. That's what I call dedication! :)

Rest easy knowing that no matter what happens, you have already set many record laps around Sepang in the hungover and still slightly drunk class :D But seriously, with your great memory and fitness, and that solid car, I am 100% sure you'll be flying very soon.

Cheers mate !

Elite;668190 said:
Thanks Shawn for organizing another great trackday !

And thanks Shaun for all your help. PBs in the rain with traffic (extra slow in the rain) in a RWD piggy family sedan with passenger is amazing

Elite;669091 said:
I must admit, the magic rain proof stickers are growing on me -- :thumbsup:

Bro, told you right? :D Please store all the emails and SMSes as evidence of accuracy of data, and judgement! It just works.

discom;669215 said:
Sure!! Just come by and maybe you can teach me how to really drive the car :)

To improve a hardcore enthusiast like yourself with all your lightweight trackcar and racecar experience would be a interesting project :) I don't mind trying mate, as long as I'm not stepping on any toes, etc. It's especially cool too because the Atom already is rigged with data systems and/or is expandable if necessary.

Would be cool to see how you load and unload your trailer and discuss specifics with you about storage, laws, etc. If it is feasible I'd really like to do what you're doing with a couple of friends.

Dave Jr;669274 said:
HAHA!! took some of your M5 but it turned out to be blur so i decided to delete it and not post..

YEAH, FOR SURE I'LL TAKE SOME SHOTS FOR U NXT TD.. gotta go out early coz the sun is hot ah.. i'm aging, cant stand for long too!! HAHAHA!!

Nigel mate, thanks for all the great photos! And thanks for being such a helpful co-driver manning the aircon controls etc It was very useful :D Hope you had fun! Will see if can steal some dry laps from Jeremy in the future.. should be muuccch faster and less 'interesting'.

I guess soon you will be tracking some of your dad's cars huh? Lucky you!

totoseow;669225 said:

That's the spirit mate!

BTW, for any of your future trackcars, as long as they can be fitted with a sequential manual, all it takes is an additional 30-40K SGD to fit actual racing paddleshift systems to it. Pneumatically actuated, extremely fast shifting, with advanced electronics for full range of failsafes, upshift protection, downshift protection, full manual redundancy in case of failure, auto blipping, etc. Proven in decades of racing internationally, LMP, F3000, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun;669660 said:
Nigel mate, thanks for all the great photos! And thanks for being such a helpful co-driver manning the aircon controls etc It was very useful :D Hope you had fun! Will see if can steal some dry laps from Jeremy in the future.. should be muuccch faster and less 'interesting'.

I guess soon you will be tracking some of your dad's cars huh? Lucky you!

HOPEFULLY i can... might just go with the EK9 for a start.. (that is if he is willing to tow it to Sepang)

Elite;669084 said:
Thanks mate !!! Think Shaun would have told you already -- instead of waiting a couple of TDs, you can start learning the Ascendant lines day and night, rain or shine in one of these :yikess:

View attachment 31759

View attachment 31760

Haha mate, maybe one day....

That's embarrassing... the grammar, terms and titles... :(

Cool cars though, that's for sure!

toto, if you dont heel toe this car, you spin on the downshift. hehehehe!!!!!! but it's an excellent way for one to enter turn 4 sideways!

totoseow;669225 said:

U buy type R to practice first...
Then u progress to GT2 n mod to 1000bhp n fly from t14 to finish line in 10 secs

TripleM;670134 said:
Few questioned the Realness of Mugen RR

Luckily no one asked if yours a Mitsughini or Protoghini...

Hahaha farkquar cheesepie

Dave Jr;667966 said:
.... the weather spoilt the fun today though!! ...

Shaun;668034 said:
... Harold loses his dislike of the wet and of street tires, and is now hooked on driving both ...

Elite;669084 said:
.... instead of waiting a couple of TDs, you can start learning the Ascendant lines day and night, rain or shine in one of these ... ]

totoseow;669225 said:
.... track was wet too. we were just helping to dry the lines up ... u were behind testing if water hits ur face...:yikess:

Be afraid not of wet and water :yikess: :yikess: :yikess:

View attachment 31812

View attachment 31813

View attachment 31814

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite