BMWSG Sepang Track Day 6 March 2011

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day 6 March 2011

An excellent first track experience for me. Great day. Learnt a lot from you guys!

Massive thanks to Shawn for organising a perfect day! and to Gerald for your words of wisdom!

Now to buy some new tires. Not doing that on run-flats again...no sir!

DAz

TripleM;619566 said:
Was good turn out, too bad last hr it started to rain. Owed some people taxi ride..

Great fun indeed mate...u were the bad influence to ask him to go after me...I keeeel u..!

oh yeah, welcome back to tracking :lol::nutkick:

I nearly peed my pants a couple of times- it was f'ing amazing seeing you two monkeys dice it out. Man that was fun..... Can't say the same for my time out on the track. BUT I have asked Dave to bring me in a new set of track tires :whattheh:

But there was a really pretty matt grey M3 on the track- that car has some serious power down the straights! My evo couldn't reel it in on the straights! amazing for an NA car!!!

dazza;619573 said:
An excellent first track experience for me. Great day. Learnt a lot from you guys!

Massive thanks to Shawn for organising a perfect day! and to Gerald for your words of wisdom!

DAz

Congrats on your baptism into tracking.... just don't burn yourself out with over enthusiasm like I did.... now go order a set of tires from Dave!

Shot not actually taken today but rather at the PCS trackday yesterday.... he was supposed to join us today though from what I understood. Dunno what happened to him. Man was it a beautiful car!!!

More pics on the SMF blog for those interested...

DSC02270.jpg

Thanks Shaun and the team for the Track Day. Weather was PERFECT and no red lights throughout the day!!! KUDOS to everyone!!

See u guys soon.....

Actual participation list:

1. Harold996tt/Porsche 997 GT3RS or Mitsubishi Evo 9/ No convoy/not newbie PAID - early bird
2. CantCme/Lancer Evolution X/Convoy/Not newbie PAID - early bird
3. Colin Tay/BMW 135i/Convoy/Newbie PAID - early bird (Car spoilt, refund/carried over to next TD)
4. totoseow/xiaobai/newbie never tracked b4/no driving license/last time female/150/90/2 PAID - early bird
5. Ryan / Z4M / Convoy - no / no PAID - early bird
6. Louis / Exige / No convoy / No
7. Lin / Boxster S / No convoy / No
8. Elite / M5 or 135 Cabrio / No / No PAID - early bird + extra driver
9. Jes/S4/No Convoy/No PAID - early bird
10. kuvesh / evo x / no / no PAID - early bird
11. Junwei / evo x / no / no PAID - early bird
12. godjira1/996gt3/no/newbie PAID - early bird + extra driver
13. AJG (Ajay)/335i/yes/newbie (first track day. need advice from pros)
14. DCS2k Daniel PAID - early bird
15. Zitesha / M3 / Yes / No
16. TripleM / 997 GT3 / No Convoy / Not Newbie
17. andyxgy/ M5 / No / No PAID-early bird (no show)
18. Pdreams/ FD2R / No / No (Removal)
19. hcsiow / 996tt / yes /yes PAID - early bird
20. Bacon7 (Removal)
21. Eric Ong / LP560-4 / No / Yes PAID - early bird
22. iceman77/335i/yes/newbie (first track day. Will need help from you folks)
23. underdogg (iceman77's friend)/Golf MKV GTI/
24. hcsiow's bro / S4 PAID - early bird
25. Nickster / E36 318is / Convoy / No PAID - early bird (car spoilt, refund/carry over to next TD)
26. joshdway / cayman / no / newbie PAID - early bird (car spoilt, refund/carry over to next TD)
27. shawn / vw/ no / no PAID - early bird
28. malcolm / S2000 / no / newbie PAID - early bird
29. YZYgold / clk200 / convoy / newbie
30. AC323 Z4 PAID - early bird
31. Renny 911 PAID - early bird
32. Kai/ R35GTR/No/No
33. Renny / 997GT3 CS / No Convoy / Not Newbie
34. cjc81/ Audi A5 / convoy / newbie PAID - early bird
35. precurser/ Lotus 2-Eleven/ No convoy/ No PAID - early bird
36. Stanch/evo9/no/newbie PAID - early bird
37. Shem/mini cooper s/no/newbie PAID - early bird
38. Dazza/335i MSport/Convoy/Newbie PAID - early bird
39. Zypher/ Subaru/no/no
40. ac323 / Z4 / Convoy / No
41. MachoMan / S2000 / No / Newbie PAID - early bird
42. Dave / M5 / No PAID - early bird
43. Eunice 135i PAID - early bird
44. Munich Auto (Aloysius F. BMW M3 Sedan) PAID - early bird + extra driver
45. Munich Auto (Jason T. BMW M3 Coupe) PAID - early bird + extra driver
46. Munich Auto (Foong S. H. BMW M3) PAID - early bird
47. Munich Auto (Amar R. BMW M3 Coupe) PAID - early bird
48. Munich Auto (Galid L. BMW M3 Coupe) PAID - early bird
49. Munich Auto (Ian Mao / GT3 Cup) PAID - early bird
50. Munich Auto (Terence Loh. BMW M3) PAID - early bird
51. Munich Auto (Joel C. BMW M3) PAID - early bird
52. Munich Auto (Anthony C. BMW M6) PAID - early bird
53. Munich Auto (Lai Y. S. BMW M3) PAID - early bird
54. Munich Auto (Ong E. Y. M3) PAID - early bird
55. Munich Auto (Andreas M3) PAID - early bird
56. Munich Auto (Vincent T. M3) PAID - early bird
57. Munich Auto (Edward Lee M3) PAID - early bird
58. Munich Auto (Eam Chen ) PAID - early bird
59 Ronnie / 997TT PAID - early bird

We had 3 guys who had car problems and didnt make it to track, so I will go ahead to refund them as its unforseen. We also have 7 no-shows which explains the relatively empty track.

These are the guys who have pulled out and will either get a refund or roll-over of track fees to the next one: Lingus, KWY91 x2, Pin.

For accounting, refer to the main track day thread

You're welcome guys. It was a near-perfect track day. Great weather, rain at last portion just as Bernie Ecclestone would have like it, no red flags, no incidents, introduced plenty of newbies to the sport, interesting timings set by many people, celebrity endorsement, Red Bull sponsored welcome, Racequeens + umbrella photoshoot attraction (yes, you missed this), what more can we ask for? Well... perhaps one more track day on May 7.... :)

Many thanks to Jack and Gerald who came to help out with the safety brief and registration, and to help me orientate several newbies. Thanks guys. First time I had a Dubai 24 racer orientate me also hor... I'll still need more help in the coming track days..

Also, for the upcoming track days, I promise I'll improve on the whole organisation of the event, from registration to the track event itself. There's always room for improvement yeah.

Thanks Shawn.............

Looking forward to 7 May then.....
vroom vroom
cheers

dazza;619573 said:

DAz
Nice to met you mate.

thank u guys. big scary storm on way back....cudnt see a thing.

harold996tt;619673 said:
so now you regret selling the Superleg or not????

i tell u after 3 more sessions. this one not easy to tame. i m going to bring out the handcuffs. i reckon its a decent start.

cjc81;619640 said:
Nice to met you mate.

likewise. Great to put faces to to the forumers!

Now to buy some new brakes so you don't catch me in the corners!! haha

DAzza

totoseow;619676 said:
i tell u after 3 more sessions. this one not easy to tame. i m going to bring out the handcuffs. i reckon its a decent start.

ok bro, i supply the whip for you. put orange stripes on it confirm, it will go slower. Forgot to take pics to post on the blog! damn.

Shawn, it was a great session. thanks again.

And to gerald and tripleM, I can't get over the jam session you two had... was the most fun I had in a long time (well, after the previous nights activities anyway).

Racebred;619618 said:
You're welcome guys. It was a near-perfect track day. Great weather, rain at last portion just as Bernie Ecclestone would have like it, no red flags, no incidents, introduced plenty of newbies to the sport, interesting timings set by many people, celebrity endorsement, Red Bull sponsored welcome, Racequeens + umbrella photoshoot attraction (yes, you missed this), what more can we ask for? Well... perhaps one more track day on May 7.... :)

Many thanks to Jack and Gerald who came to help out with the safety brief and registration, and to help me orientate several newbies. Thanks guys. First time I had a Dubai 24 racer orientate me also hor... I'll still need more help in the coming track days..

Also, for the upcoming track days, I promise I'll improve on the whole organisation of the event, from registration to the track event itself. There's always room for improvement yeah.

Improve on organisation- simply means deck chairs and a six pack of beer for me bro. And more race queens. Remember I won't go out to the track anymore so these will become essential for me so I can support all the SMF'res...

how about some pics... (especially waiting for the racequeen + brolly + one grinning dude shot)

Shaun;619629 said:
Thanks Shawn, great trackday, no incidents, no red flags :D

Gerald we have a date ah!

===

Don't want to be a downer, but I've made an important addition to this thread..
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/track-section/39569-track-driving-faq-newbies.html

..so as to not take this thread off topic.

Haha yes yes. Let me get the car sorted first! Its my first time driving the S2000 yesterday. When I am ready, let get a good log in, with video the works =)

See you soon!

harold996tt;619700 said:
Improve on organisation- simply means deck chairs and a six pack of beer for me bro. And more race queens. Remember I won't go out to the track anymore so these will become essential for me so I can support all the SMF'res...

U had a good few laps too bud..
I had to welcome you back Stig ! haha....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j888top
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back