BMWSG Sepang Track Day Sat 7 May

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day Sat 7 May

harold996tt;638916 said:
... Speaking of stone chips dammit the Mitsughini got christened damn good on the drive back.... got a ton of chips on the body and windscreen.

Think I gonna cover the windscreen ....

Lol ... you're upping the ante on our beauty contest .... NS quite dirty that day, had a couple that penetrated the Llumar film .... :D :D

harold996tt;638916 said:
... Stupid car too low and suck stones like you suck crock.

Not so bad like the car that is following behind the Bull .... the fat rear tires spit out stones like nothing ... I know from following Eric on the way back :whattheh:

lww105;638972 said:
Shawn, thanks for finding me a slot for the track day at the last minute.

Dave, thanks for the taxi ride. I actually got a whip lash from all the hard braking and fast cornering and had to go sraight to the A&E after I crossed the border. I will remember to wear a neck brace next time I ride with you!

Lol .... I must learn to drive like Dave next time :D The family sedans (we use the same as Dave) are usually quite docile compared to the other more focused track cars .....

But for hard core neck snapping, ribs bruising action, need to do this :thumbsup: And noone does this better than Shaun

View attachment 30654

Shaun -- Thanks for the built in Driftbox installed in my ribcage e.g.

no pain = go faster, kart's driving like it is on rails
very pain = yup, right on the limit of lateral grip ....:eek:

But definitely love every minute of it -- see you this Weds :D

Hey guys!

Thanks to Harold who lent me his vbox I got a video plus data of my s2000.

Video here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnufHgb_zw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - S2000 Sepang BMW Track Day 7 May 2011[/ame]

For more videos: Videos | GERALD TAN

For those interested, I went back to track the next day, yes I drove back on Saturday voted (in vain ;p) and went back to Sepang for a Time Attack in a evo x gsr and did a 2m27s. Videos found on my site.

Enjoy!!

UK_STi;639465 said:
For those interested, I went back to track the next day, yes I drove back on Saturday voted (in vain ;p) and went back to Sepang for a Time Attack in a evo x gsr and did a 2m27s. Videos found on my site.

Enjoy!!

Gerald, if it's any consolation, you'd be glad to know my wife did not vote in vain :dance:

At least we had something to cheer about that night after driving up to SIC and back for nothing :lol:

UK_STi;639465 said:
Hey guys!

Video here: YouTube - S2000 Sepang BMW Track Day 7 May 2011

Enjoy!!

woah. this is so cool. like watching mini-f1. haha.

Hahha nice video Gerald.. you should go and post it on the SHC S2K forum too, show them what a real time with data backing it up looks like and not just talk talk talk of low 30s and sub 30s in road going S2Ks of lower tune state.

Shaun;639473 said:
Hahha nice video Gerald.. you should go and post it on the SHC S2K forum too, show them what a real time with data backing it up looks like and not just talk talk talk of low 30s and sub 30s in road going S2Ks of lower tune state.

Haha you can go there and post for me, I don't know anyone in the s2k forum! Hahah

I can support Ascendant Motorsport! Data is really the way to go.

ha lung zo luan..over took u b4 14..but braked too late missed apex n u prob lost a sec there

UK_STi;639465 said:
Hey guys!

Enjoy!!

Sweet !!! You drive better than your golf .... or your golf better than your drive (you play the par 4s like par 3s !) :D :D :D :D

Shaun;639473 said:

Got other road going S2000 claiming to be low 30's and sub 30's? I only know of two white and a black s2000 that are sub 40. One of the white one belongs to Gerald now.

Nice video Gerald. You actually took T7-8 in 4th gear? I don't think I got enough torque in 4th gear. I tried once in 4th gear and the car was a bit floaty :(

MachoMan;639791 said:
Got other road going S2000 claiming to be low 30's and sub 30's? I only know of two white and a black s2000 that are sub 40. One of the white one belongs to Gerald now.

Dig around somemore :)

I still live by the rule, no data, no transponder? No count.

I don't think I got enough torque in 4th gear. I tried once in 4th gear and the car was a bit floaty :(
The more cornering capacity you have, the higher the speed you carry. The more speed you carry, the higher the engine speed for a given gear, the higher the crank torque and wheel torque for the given gear.

But of course you may be under driving your car, but probably not cos you're macho hehehh

UK_STi;639465 said:
Hey guys!

Enjoy!!

Great reference video bro! And fantastic timing. You always make it look so damn easy!!!

Shaun;639793 said:
Dig around somemore :)

I still live by the rule, no data, no transponder? No count.

The more cornering capacity you have, the higher the speed you carry. The more speed you carry, the higher the engine speed for a given gear, the higher the crank torque and wheel torque for the given gear.

But of course you may be under driving your car, but probably not cos you're macho hehehh

Haha.. For those who have who met me, you'll know that I look far from macho. lol.
Yea I probably need to carry more speed through the turns.
OK I shall refrain from hijacking this thread again. Hehe

harold996tt;639800 said:
Great reference video bro! And fantastic timing. You always make it look so damn easy!!!

Thanks for loaning me the vbox! Its really awesome man! Hope to share more along the way...

Driving and racing is my life! Love being on the track haha

When you tracking your new toy??

TripleM;638996 said:
U r welcome Eugene
Now I know why u were stranded...must be the spinning head that caused you to misread the fuel gauge :lol2:

Yah I think so, really embarrassing sia.

Thousand apologies to the other trackies for causing the red flag.

eggz;639876 said:
Yah I think so, really embarrassing sia.

Thousand apologies to the other trackies for causing the red flag.

opps:) too engrossed ya?

The fuel level indicator in road cars usually is really heavily damped, so to check real fuel level, it is best to do a slow pit in, pause in a the pits for a couple of minutes, take a drink, then check fuel indicator. Otherwise it is possible to see quite a bit of fuel on the indicator when in fact it is running dry. Cheers

MachoMan;639791 said:

The other white one is Jyoji's car. 2:36 on semi-slicks at time attacks. Car is far from stock.
Don't know about the black one. Most of the s2ks I see at Sepang barely break 2:50.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacaivn88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back