Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

just check sgcarmart how much 320i 03/2009 is selling
assuming dealer eat your car $8k-10k less as their profit margin

leelee;860762 said:
Hi All

I thought of selling my car and buy a 523, 2006 model. Is it advisable?

Anyone can advise me how much to sell for my 320i, 03/2009.

Advise very much appreciated. Thank you.

Cochran;860510 said:
Hi

just bought myself a second hand E90 2006

I like to confirm something.

1) I sometime have engine oil warning. (last nite i drove for a longer distance. it show me the engine oil warning. This Morning before move off to office it show at "max" marking, Reached office it will show about 1/4 between min and max) Still monitoring it. Wat is the issue?

2) Is there any sound insulation "board" or "cover" under the engine cover? I though most car will have? Can confirm?

3) Think the stock exhaust chrome muffler is missing. Now only the raw steel on the exhaust. Where and how much for the chrome muffler?

Thank you.

how much u bought ur car?

Cochran;860510 said:
Hi

just bought myself a second hand E90 2006

I like to confirm something.

1) I sometime have engine oil warning. (last nite i drove for a longer distance. it show me the engine oil warning. This Morning before move off to office it show at "max" marking, Reached office it will show about 1/4 between min and max) Still monitoring it. Wat is the issue?

2) Is there any sound insulation "board" or "cover" under the engine cover? I though most car will have? Can confirm?

3) Think the stock exhaust chrome muffler is missing. Now only the raw steel on the exhaust. Where and how much for the chrome muffler?

Thank you.

I try to ask your question.
1) engine oil warning can be oil or pressure low. Mostly are engine oil low.
If warning ask u to top up +1L of engine oil, simply top up to avoid engine running at low engine oil. Check for engine oil leak which is common for our model.

2) there is no so call insulation board below the bonnet

3) Exhaust pipe extension chrome can get from Eng Soon below 100 bucks

eddienike;861158 said:
I try to ask your question.
1) engine oil warning can be oil or pressure low. Mostly are engine oil low.
If warning ask u to top up +1L of engine oil, simply top up to avoid engine running at low engine oil. Check for engine oil leak which is common for our model.

2) there is no so call insulation board below the bonnet

3) Exhaust pipe extension chrome can get from Eng Soon below 100 bucks

Hi
Thank for ur reply. The oil warning i got is after a long distance driving within sg for ard 30-40km then will warn me low oil liao. First start on the day it will show full on meter.
Got my workshop checked and no oil leak found. Oil is full. Suspect the oil level sensor spoilt. So changing it later.
Saw a 325 in workshop and saw that car have a hood insulation there. Should pay 100+ 200 for it?

Thanks

Hi

Can check wat is the opening time for Eng Soon? Went tot heir website not stated and just rang them. no ans call.

Any bro can advise?

And r we able to make any purchase at their tuas warehouse?

Hi ppl, I read several thread abt buying bm & in current coe situation, it's even more challenging. Hence I'm writing to seek some of your advice based on my situation;

I know many will encourage to buy from AD vs PI. The trouble I'm facing is the SE I talked to last weekend at Dunearn seems only wanting to sell all standard model without option or probably my dressing deem not a potential customer to him. Fine, I still insist a test drive since I'm really keen for a change from my current ride.

Cut the chase, I test drove the 320i. Impressive in terms of performance/ equipments as compare to my current Japanese ride. My wife didn't like the internal space but leave the decision to me. I was quoted approx 230K. Back hm, I did some research online. 328 from PI with higher hp, torque & omv is going approx 220K. More imptly, they have the option that i want. So the question here, shld i stick to AD opt or PI that has all that I want?

Any view is appreciated but pls don't flame me :) ...txs, Jeff

jjg;868367 said:
Hi ppl, I read several thread abt buying bm & in current coe situation, it's even more challenging. Hence I'm writing to seek some of your advice based on my situation;

I know many will encourage to buy from AD vs PI. The trouble I'm facing is the SE I talked to last weekend at Dunearn seems only wanting to sell all standard model without option or probably my dressing deem not a potential customer to him. Fine, I still insist a test drive since I'm really keen for a change from my current ride.

Cut the chase, I test drove the 320i. Impressive in terms of performance/ equipments as compare to my current Japanese ride. My wife didn't like the internal space but leave the decision to me. I was quoted approx 230K. Back hm, I did some research online. 328 from PI with higher hp, torque & omv is going approx 220K. More imptly, they have the option that i want. So the question here, shld i stick to AD opt or PI that has all that I want?

R u PSO Jeff?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to gather more info on BMW before deciding on which model to get.

Realise that the E90 318i and 320i are of the same engine (2l) but what is the diff?

Also, should I go for 318i or 320i?

jtek;872716 said:
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to gather more info on BMW before deciding on which model to get.

Realise that the E90 318i and 320i are of the same engine (2l) but what is the diff?

Also, should I go for 318i or 320i?

firstly, the emblem on the boot is different. :p

318i has a tuned down engine producing less bhp compared to 320i

apart from this, there's also trim differences. depending on batches, place of manufacture may be different as well. my 318i is made in Germany whereas 320i from the same batch is from South Africa.

trim differences for 318i

no xenon
no knock down rear seats
no auto climate control
no rear aircon
fake "leather" seats
no iDrive (some 320i also do not have iDrive)

the trim differences will largely depend on which is the batch of car that PML brings in. Some batches has folding side mirrors/iDrive and some does not.

which model to go for depends on how much is your budget as well as how much the missing trims are important to you. at the end of the day, the trims are just conveniences/inconveniences to you. more important is the condition of the car and mileage cos of wear and tear

So it's the engine basically the same?

If yes, any after market way to make it the same BHP as 320i? Like maybe chip up or something?

jtek;873076 said:
So it's the engine basically the same?

If yes, any after market way to make it the same BHP as 320i? Like maybe chip up or something?

Yup. Same engine. No need chip. Just flash the maps for 320 in can already. Can be done at some workshops

This is a good thread. I'm saving info so that I can pass to Meifeng when we meet.
She will be impressed. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

It's a pity I didn't know of this thread previously.
So much useful info here, though I can only say I don't understand half the terms used here LOL

dash;873088 said:
This is a good thread. I'm saving info so that I can pass to Meifeng when we meet.
She will be impressed. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....
Thanks Dash, that's so nice of you :)

knn! Pecah lobang!!!

SapphireSpite;873238 said:
also you might want to get the Facelift version (bonnet and taillights are generally more modern looking)

SART........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

jjg;868367 said:

Hi Jeff,

so long it is a ruptable PI, of course 328i...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88vnco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back