Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

detach8;843072 said:
I think for a '08 car 90K is WAY overpriced

Just to share with bros back in mid-2010 I bought a '06 E90 (4+ years old back then) at only 70K from a delaer @ West Coast car mart, so a similar car today should be registered in '08. I can accept 80-85K. 90+ is atrocious. The paper value of these used cars are rubbish.

In mid-2011 I switched to a NEW 320i with the latest iDrive, Xenon lights, Sunroof and my depre was only 15K+ (near 16K).

IMHO, for a used E90 PFL, the depreciation should be 10K or less. There's so many of them flooding the roads.

If it's 12-13K I'd rather buy a brand new VW Jetta (seriously, 1.4TSI is a great engine) or hunt for a '11 car at 14-15K depre. There should be a few of those high spec w/iDrive CIC (not the old CCC on 323i or 523i) and sunroof.

Also, don't get a 3 owner car... you will vomit blood trying to sell it next time. Max max, 2 owners. Best 1 owner only.

Try this: call a dealer and ask to TRADE IN a '07 or '08 320i. Tell me how much they quote. You'll know their margins.

I called a dealer, asked to quote my 2011 523i ... they told me $160K. I told the dealer to fly kite. Reputable dealer BTW, H*a Y***g. F10 523i at $160K, who don't want? I also go and buy one extra one.

Some dealer want to buy in ur car low low then when selling, they will price them high.. Best is to buy straight from direct owner, win win suitation for both parties..

Heh not all owners are selling cheap either. I was looking for a Land Rover for a period of time, and none of the direct owner prices came close to a dealer's price. I guess the market is completely messed up right now by these bloody dealers jacking up the prices.

All the price are jack up due to new COE prices are on the high side so most 2nd hand cars also jack up but their paper value are not so high. So buying a 2nd hand car at the higher side, when the market crash & COE price drop, u wun be able to sell off ur car..

DayDreaming;843153 said:
All the price are jack up due to new COE prices are on the high side so most 2nd hand cars also jack up but their paper value are not so high. So buying a 2nd hand car at the higher side, when the market crash & COE price drop, u wun be able to sell off ur car..

Yeah...but i needed to get rid of my wife's coming to 8 years sunny.
And it drives like it was going to kaput anytime, plus high fuel consumption.

Though there is much talk that COE prices will come down in 2013/2015, it is no guarantee, I guess there is "no better time than now"...at least the interest rate is low.
It is a in between car for now. Drive about 2-3 years and sit out the trend.

adam2;843106 said:
i sent the unit i like to PML for checking, cost s$140+

as dealer, PML will point out every error found during checking

my case was faulty riadiator system which i got the salesman to repair and 50%/50% shared the cost

Hi Adam,

Do you need to book a timing with PML to test the ride?

Thanks.
Ct

Ct13;842595 said:
Hi all,

Saw a 323i in sgcarmart,

Jan 08
3 owner
I-drive with navigator
Ask: $93,888

Quite tempting, any comments?

I know that the power of 320i after flash is comparable with 323i. But 323i can do flash too right?

Thanks in advance!
Ct

The Above car price changed to 110K....WOW...

Eyeing the below ride now, good buy?

Model: 323i
Reg Date 10-May-2006
Mileage - NA
COE $11,519
OMV $45,677
Depreciation -
No. of Owners 2
Ask: 66k

Last edited by a moderator:

Ct13;843839 said:
Hi Adam,

Do you need to book a timing with PML to test the ride?

Thanks.
Ct

yeah, it is better to make an appointment

normally it can be done within one day

dealer helped me to drive in

Ct13;844310 said:
The Above car price changed to 110K....WOW...

Eyeing the below ride now, good buy?

Reg Date 10-May-2006
Mileage - NA
COE $11,519
OMV $45,677
Depreciation -
No. of Owners 2

got my Dec 2006 in Feb for 74k

1 owner with 74k km done

adam2;844417 said:
got my Dec 2006 in Feb for 74k

1 owner with 74k km done

Missed out some detail,
Is may 06, 323i
2 owner
Asking: 66k

Yours is a 323?

Last edited by a moderator:

mine is 320

i looked at 323 too

the diff is not significant

$500-$1000 annual depr diff, depend on condition

Was looking around, found some 323 & 325 (2 owners) are selling at 320 (1 owner) pricing. Other than the insurance and road tax different. 325 will be a better buy follow by 323 then 320 right?

I am not partcular about Numbers of owner, as car left four years, will try to keep it till last days, unless COE drop.

I am more concern about the engine casket leak and the gear box problems which I see many brothers have this issue.

adam2;844415 said:
yeah, it is better to make an appointment

normally it can be done within one day

dealer helped me to drive in

Thanks, will check whether dealer willing to do it or not.

Alright guys,

so just an update for mine. I have already proceeded and purchase my unit despite the unpleasant encounters from the dealer. Nonetheless, I am a happy owner now of a 2007's 325i XL coupe.

I took my car to STA and the grading all returned with B. I was not convinced by the assessment and hence took some brother's advise to take it to BVO for further checks. I wanted to take it to PML but I was quoted 200 bucks and also mentioned they needed 2 days to test it. Didn't take it to PML in the end but felt the assessment from BVO was good enough.

Fair enough, BVO did a great job assessing the unit and hence further encouraged me to purchase it as they mentioned the condition was meticulous! :dance:

Have been driving it now for almost a week now and I must say, the bimmer is a wonderful ride.

Anyway, has anyone tried modifying the angel eyes and interior lightings? I tried changing the angel eyes to white but the car keeps prompting "Check Lights". And tried changing the interior to LEDs, but it went haywire, hence did not bother and kept it stock.

Anyone has tried before and can advise? Thanks!

kevinbmw;844450 said:
Anyway, has anyone tried modifying the angel eyes and interior lightings? I tried changing the angel eyes to white but the car keeps prompting "Check Lights". And tried changing the interior to LEDs, but it went haywire, hence did not bother and kept it stock.

Anyone has tried before and can advise? Thanks!

the car is very sensitive to current and voltage drawn from the bulbs and will throw errors if you just change to any other bulbs. you need to buy those that are "certified" to work on a bimmer as these led light clusters had extra resistors to draw more current and thus "fake" the car into thinking that it's still using the normal incandescent light bulbs.

DayDreaming;843153 said:

I don't think it will ever crash below $50k to $60k anymore. The government will just squeeze the number of COE's like they did recently, to keep prices up, and people away from buying new cars.

Of course, you could be right... but very very unlikely it will fall...

Hi

Can i check which year E90 from PML is still from Germany? And after when its source from Africa liao>?

Thank you.

Cochran;857868 said:
Hi

Can i check which year E90 from PML is still from Germany? And after when its source from Africa liao>?

Thank you.

hard to tell unless you know the VIN number of the car. my 318i from early 2010 (MY2009) is from germany whereas 320i sold by PML during the same period is from south africa.

kelvinau;857676 said:
I don't think it will ever crash below $50k to $60k anymore. The government will just squeeze the number of COE's like they did recently, to keep prices up, and people away from buying new cars.

Of course, you could be right... but very very unlikely it will fall...

I believe what goes up will come down, it is just a matter of time & whether you can wait till the down time to buy.. Lolx..

Hi

just bought myself a second hand E90 2006

I like to confirm something.

1) I sometime have engine oil warning. (last nite i drove for a longer distance. it show me the engine oil warning. This Morning before move off to office it show at "max" marking, Reached office it will show about 1/4 between min and max) Still monitoring it. Wat is the issue?

2) Is there any sound insulation "board" or "cover" under the engine cover? I though most car will have? Can confirm?

3) Think the stock exhaust chrome muffler is missing. Now only the raw steel on the exhaust. Where and how much for the chrome muffler?

Thank you.

Hi All

I thought of selling my car and buy a 523, 2006 model. Is it advisable?

Anyone can advise me how much to sell for my 320i, 03/2009.

Advise very much appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvn24h
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back