Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

Re: Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

Hi Kevin my e92 also has no spare n i changed from RFTS to 19" staggered profile.

To be honest there was only one time i mentioned when i was stuck at simpang ringang with a side walll fracture to my rear tire. The tire sealant repair kit cant repair sidewall fractures so yeah it was scary.

But the tire that cracked was already weakened some months back....i was drving on it flat for afew days n did a $5 patch job which sufficed for city driving in singapore. Of coz when i drove on ns, n we went up to ipoh on that trip n hit 180-200kph consistently, it failed.

I think the moral of the story is to drive within the tolerance of the tires. If your tires have logged more than 30k km n u drive up north often, we need to change the tire more often. Otherwise we have to avoid stressing the tires n keep below 170kph where possible.

Now adays all the new bms have no spares. RFTS r also vulnerable to side wall cracks, but i conceed the likelihood of failure is reduced. But the risk is there. Thats y for the cameron trip we joined a convoy. If there is a flat we can use the spare of the other cars.

I wont stop drving up north due to one bad experience bro. Life goes on. We fall down, we get up again n keep moving forward. But we learn from the experience.

[Kvinbmw;875442]Hi Nightwind, ya agree with you that JB could be dangerous..actually whole malaysia quite dangerous..my friend's car was stolen even he parked in a secured compound. I guess it is heng suay thing also..

but now u mentioned...flat tyre is quite scary cos my car doesnt carry any spares and neither does it have run-flat anymore. Hmmm....which car u driving? does yours come with spare or r u still n run-flats?[/QUOTE]

If you guys are going in a convoy, then make sure everyone knows the etiquette. It's very frustrating to be stuck behind somebody who sticks to 110kmh. That's why I prefer to go alone.

It's better to go to Melaka first as a sort of 'trial' before KL.

Let me know if you guys intend to go for a short trip, though I would not be staying overnight.

Another opportunity would be a drive to Sepang during trackdays, as spectators not trackies.

jinooi;875983 said:
If you guys are going in a convoy, then make sure everyone knows the etiquette. It's very frustrating to be stuck behind somebody who sticks to 110kmh. That's why I prefer to go alone.

Let me know if you guys intend to go for a short trip, though I would not be staying overnight.

Another opportunity would be a drive to Sepang during trackdays, as spectators not trackies.

Make it next Track Day................................
count me in.....

vroom vroom
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

jinooi;875983 said:

Majestic Malacca this one look not bad kekeke

Dear Bros!
I would like to make more enquiries on a 2011 320i Convertible and 2009-2010 320i coupe.
That would fall under e92 too right?
Just want to check that both are inline4 and not inline6 right?
Reliability issues as compared to the infamous e90?
Thanks!

Aldebaran;876125 said:
Dear Bros!
I would like to make more enquiries on a 2011 320i Convertible and 2009-2010 320i coupe.
Thanks!

Hi Ald,

yes, both same engine....4 cyc
one is E92 one is E93 ( Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofless Rocks )

* both car no power, want power must get at least a M3........................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;876128 said:
Hi Ald,

yes, both same engine....4 cyc
one is E92 one is E93 ( Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofless Rocks )

* both car no power, want power must get at least a M3........................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wa lau u are everywhere!!
Was thinking of changing but need to weigh out the pros and cons before making any commitments

Aldebaran;876125 said:
Dear Bros!
Thanks!

Hi bro, e92 would be the coupe while e93 is the convertible..As what was correctly pointed out, no power if going for 320i cos using 4 cylinder..most would say its like taking a BMW shell and putting in a Japanese car engine..think minimally should go for 325. Mine is a 325 and I'm starting to think its underpowered..

Of course if you have the extra cash..please get an M3!!! The most powerful letter in the world... ///M

Nightwind;875974 said:
Hi Kevin my e92 also has no spare n i changed from RFTS to 19" staggered profile.

To be honest there was only one time i mentioned when i was stuck at simpang ringang with a side walll fracture to my rear tire. The tire sealant repair kit cant repair sidewall fractures so yeah it was scary.

But the tire that cracked was already weakened some months back....i was drving on it flat for afew days n did a $5 patch job which sufficed for city driving in singapore. Of coz when i drove on ns, n we went up to ipoh on that trip n hit 180-200kph consistently, it failed.

I think the moral of the story is to drive within the tolerance of the tires. If your tires have logged more than 30k km n u drive up north often, we need to change the tire more often. Otherwise we have to avoid stressing the tires n keep below 170kph where possible.

Now adays all the new bms have no spares. RFTS r also vulnerable to side wall cracks, but i conceed the likelihood of failure is reduced. But the risk is there. Thats y for the cameron trip we joined a convoy. If there is a flat we can use the spare of the other cars.

I wont stop drving up north due to one bad experience bro. Life goes on. We fall down, we get up again n keep moving forward. But we learn from the experience.

[Kvinbmw;875442]Hi Nightwind, ya agree with you that JB could be dangerous..actually whole malaysia quite dangerous..my friend's car was stolen even he parked in a secured compound. I guess it is heng suay thing also..

but now u mentioned...flat tyre is quite scary cos my car doesnt carry any spares and neither does it have run-flat anymore. Hmmm....which car u driving? does yours come with spare or r u still n run-flats?
[/QUOTE]

Hi night wind..thanks for sharing your experience with us! Agree..one bad experience should not set us back. I myself have not tried but these are good advices to take note of. I guess a convoy could be arranged but lets gather more buddies too..hoping to identify a few more e92 n 93s so we can start or reignite some simple gatherings first. :)

Next week Sunday meetup?

Aldebaran;876132 said:
wa lau u are everywhere!!
Was thinking of changing but need to weigh out the pros and cons before making any commitments

thought you need some tips?????????????????????????????????

* get Z4.....................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Convoys are good ..... I was told someone kena eggs being thrown on the windscreen on the NS highway. Being inexperienced she turned on the wiper which made the eggs foam. She stop at the shoulder and a car stopped behind her car and group of men came out and walk towards her car. Luckily her convoy all stopped for her and also started walking to her car to help. Those men ran away .......

Nightwind;875271 said:
Hi Kevin I am driving e92. I have driven up North many times in the car. Taken her to KL 5-6 times, ipoh, Cameron Highlands, Kuantan. Maybe wana try for Penang but my wife refuses...:(

I like the social element in convoy drives and its also safer. Especially if we run into unforeseen complications like breakdown, flat tyre etc.

I had a bad experience last year when I had a side-wall fracture in my tyre and i had no spare. The tire repair kit cannot repair a side-wall fracture and I was stuck in Simpang Ringang for afew hours trying to look for 19" tires.

The convoys offer some safety and support. But some of the convoys i drove in were too darn slow....in one convoy it took over 10 hrs to get to Cameron and we were doing 120kph all the way.....:(

Maybe with a convoy of BMWs we can do a faster leg and also have some safety factor....PML also organises convoy drives but only once a year....

I think driving in singapore can drive anyone mad...so i always like to goup North to stretch her legs alittle...nothing too fast...max i hit is 200kph and only momentarily when overtaking...mostly i drive at a steady safe pace of 140-180kph...

Just sharing my thoughts...and it need not be all coupes...or BMWs...any decent reliable car make will do to form up a convoy but the focus is also on providing some back-up support...in the form of mechanics and recovery vehicle...

If there are bros here interested i can try to make some calls and organise a 1st trip...we can do this together maybe as i have never organised this before...the planning and organising and logitical elements would also be challenging but it acts to the fun factor too....

Hey Redbean....to be honest I would have turned on the wipers too...lol...seems the natural thing to do.

But yeah theres safety in numbers. But driving in convoy also calls for patience and discipline. We go as fast as the slowest car in the convoy. For large convoys we need walkie talkies, and a lead and a sweeper car. The higher Cc cars are in the back as they can "close the gap" when the convoy is too extended.

If one car breaks down, the entire convoy stops....and we maintain a decent speed (between 140-180kph range) except when overtaking.

Its also abit more tiring to drive in the convoy as u gotta constantly monitor and keep within formation...its quite different from driving solo and "doing ur own thing"...

Red_Bean_Bun;876271 said:
Convoys are good ..... I was told someone kena eggs being thrown on the windscreen on the NS highway. Being inexperienced she turned on the wiper which made the eggs foam. She stop at the shoulder and a car stopped behind her car and group of men came out and walk towards her car. Luckily her convoy all stopped for her and also started walking to her car to help. Those men ran away .......

Hi Aldebaran....the e92 is the handle for the coupe....e93 is handle for the convertible

if its a 320i it will be a 4 potter. The reliability issues are for the sedans which I heard r produced in south africa and not Germany. But for the coupes and convertibles its liklely they r manufactured in Germany? Can anyone confirm that?

Is PML launching a e92 and e93 320i? I am pretty outta touch but in the old days PML only sold 325, 335 e92 and e93...any other submodels r sold by the PIs including the M3s

Btw i dont think its a good idea to get a 320i e93...the folding mechanism will add another 100kg to the rear and the car is not as aero-dynamic...if u want a convertible its better to go for a 6 potter 325i. The Bavarian cars r heavy......u will need every ounce of cc and hp if u drive up north bro

Aldebaran;876125 said:
Dear Bros!
Thanks!

Hi Jinooi i think thats a great idea accompanying the sepang track convoy....does anyone know when the next Sepang Track day is?

How do we do this? Can we just inform the convoy we just "tag along"?

jinooi;875983 said:

Nightwind;876406 said:
Hi Jinooi i think thats a great idea accompanying the sepang track convoy....does anyone know when the next Sepang Track day is?

How do we do this? Can we just inform the convoy we just "tag along"?

Hi Nightwind,

26 October 2012 Friday 9-12pm (3 hours)

shall we meet at patronas: 5.15am???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Kevin ok I try to meet up...er where? Kallang? what time?

I was thinking not to restrict the convoy only to e92s n e93s...or even BMs....lets bring in the other makes, all r welcomed? Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Mercs etc As long as its a decent car with sufficient ccs so we do not CRAWL to sepang?...LOL

er oops i forgot this is BM forum...i think i will get flamed now....:(

[Hi night wind..thanks for sharing your experience with us! Agree..one bad experience should not set us back. I myself have not tried but these are good advices to take note of. I guess a convoy could be arranged but lets gather more buddies too..hoping to identify a few more e92 n 93s so we can start or reignite some simple gatherings first. :)

Next week Sunday meetup?[/QUOTE]

Sheesh thats a Friday...is it a holiday? Let me check with wife...she already raised hell when i drove last month to KL with the guys...

I was kinda hoping to bring her along....i talk / beg / plead with her...this type of thing must also see her weather..if its frosty i gotta wait for right time...i get back to u

BTW r u guys going take ur wifes / GFs along? Or is this classified as a "Guys only" trip??? I guess its the later er...

ac323;876408 said:
Hi Nightwind,

26 October 2012 Friday 9-12pm (3 hours)

shall we meet at patronas: 5.15am???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Nightwind;876411 said:
Sheesh thats a Friday...is it a holiday? Let me check with wife...she already raised hell when i drove last month to KL with the guys...

I was kinda hoping to bring her along....i talk / beg / plead with her...this type of thing must also see her weather..if its frosty i gotta wait for right time...i get back to u

BTW r u guys going take ur wifes / GFs along? Or is this classified as a "Guys only" trip??? I guess its the later er...

Hi Nightwind,

think is Haiji weekend....................
can bring anybody you like or is available..........................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Nightwind;876398 said:
Hey Redbean....to be honest I would have turned on the wipers too...lol...seems the natural thing to do.

But yeah theres safety in numbers. But driving in convoy also calls for patience and discipline. We go as fast as the slowest car in the convoy. For large convoys we need walkie talkies, and a lead and a sweeper car. The higher Cc cars are in the back as they can "close the gap" when the convoy is too extended.

If one car breaks down, the entire convoy stops....and we maintain a decent speed (between 140-180kph range) except when overtaking.

Its also abit more tiring to drive in the convoy as u gotta constantly monitor and keep within formation...its quite different from driving solo and "doing ur own thing"...

i tot normally convoy will come in 2 group. the 1st being fast and furious and the 2nd being the law abidding citizen of course there will be a leader and sweeper car and one of the dont mind to be slow fast car and know the way will be the last car and walkie talkie is a must . there are fun in both convoy and travel alone and doing your own things.. . i have great fun for convoy and travel alone so dont mind anyone of them so it all depend what one wants

Nightwind;876411 said:

my DS and I always follow my hubby to meet up or convoy if he is attending any... i think if it is a guy only things my hubby wont join to begin with :D :D so fast i met misses in convoy and meet up ...though kid are rare :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win55applive

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back