Collecting ride

Ibmpaul;845290 said:
Bro whiskie thanks. You are the man. (^^,)) how about the idrive to control the navigator, I can't use my i drive to control the nav, mine is on touch screen controlling. Is it normal ?

Bro, yrs is 3rd party.. so u hv to check with dealer and the installer.. share some pics of yr interior dash board area can? Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Re: Collecting ride

Ah yang;845036 said:
Yah loh. Pml quote 3k plus. Outside only 1.4k. Bt pml 1 wil b abit diff 4 the display lah. 4 me i wont install lah. Cos i very old sch type. Hahaha

Ah Yang, yr quote of 1.4k is integrate gps n rev cam into i drive display? Where u get from? I was quoted 1.9k

ginmin;845649 said:
Ah Yang, yr quote of 1.4k is integrate gps n rev cam into i drive display? Where u get from? I was quoted 1.9k

Ard there lah. 1.4-1.5k. At hai wee. Im nt so sure ours can use or nt cos i ask 4 my boss 1 (520i). Then pml said muz hv navigation then can use. So mayb u 1 2 check it out? Bt heard the display wil b diff. Like normally is full screen. Pml 1 diff

ginmin;845649 said:

Bro,actually i dun think theres a nid 2 install it. Somemore if done outside i think warranty also wil kana cos wil use ur idrive display. If happen tat u send in service n they run a check then all additional device they wil noe n once they key in then tats it. Dun risk lah. Haha

Ah yang;845670 said:
Bro,actually i dun think theres a nid 2 install it. Somemore if done outside i think warranty also wil kana cos wil use ur idrive display. If happen tat u send in service n they run a check then all additional device they wil noe n once they key in then tats it. Dun risk lah. Haha

ya. i also agree that intergrated is neater but may not suit your purpose as well. The VW one is totaly useless. By the time i managed to enter the details in, i reached the venue liao, manually.

So decided to get a separate one just that more things on the dash board....

No choice, can't have my cake and want to eat it too... :verysad:

The RNS510 C navigation in my vw was actually useful for me. Jus dat map fir certain areas not updated. Was abke to key in quite fast after some practise. visiting our site sponsor ekebest this weekend to find out more. He do for alot of bmw including f20. M interested in enabling digi speedometer reading.

vf47;845509 said:
Bro, yrs is 3rd party.. so u hv to check with dealer and the installer.. share some pics of yr interior dash board area can? Cheers

9169d2b8.jpg

4e5f0492.jpg

God, mine doesn't have the Nav option. Does it looks normal ??? How about yours ?

Ibmpaul;845728 said:
Pictures by ibmpaul - Photobucket

Pictures by ibmpaul - Photobucket
Oh god, mine don't have the nav option. Does it normal ?

Hi Paul, usu no gps for our 1 series unless u optioned fr it. Wat was spec in yr sales agreement? But original u drive navi map quite basic. Aftermkt integration into idrive display is using galatico which is similar to garmin n used in holux gps devices. Some rich bros actually install original bmw 8 inch idrive gps unit with hard disk for 5k. Damn exp.

ginmin;845735 said:
Hi Paul, usu no gps for our 1 series unless u optioned fr it. Wat was spec in yr sales agreement? But original u drive navi map quite basic. Aftermkt integration into idrive display is using galatico which is similar to garmin n used in holux gps devices. Some rich bros actually install original bmw 8 inch idrive gps unit with hard disk for 5k. Damn exp.

Oh I see... I got the touch screen Nav only. Thought agreement came with integration Nav & reverse cam. Nvm then, the touch screen ver quite okay but not friendly use enough coz need to raise hand for the touch screen. If got the integration one it would be perfect. (^^,))

ginmin;845729 said:
The RNS510 C navigation in my vw was actually useful for me. Jus dat map fir certain areas not updated. Was abke to key in quite fast after some practise. visiting our site sponsor ekebest this weekend to find out more. He do for alot of bmw including f20. M interested in enabling digi speedometer reading.

hi ginmin bro. stocl RNS510 was totally useless to me. Key in the last 2 digits and the road name i am looking for does not appear. Most time, i can't find the road name i am looking for. In the end when i went to bolah land, i used a separate GPS borrowed from my in law.

I also worried for the integrated GPS lah bit i think if rum on galatico then no issue as i used to have holux and very happy with it.

Ibmpaul;845733 said:
9169d2b8.jpg

4e5f0492.jpg

God, mine doesn't have the Nav option. Does it looks normal ??? How about yours ?

Bro.. this is a third party add-on not original BMW idrive.. nav will need to hv bigger screen to install.. also applies to reverse cam..

Can also take pic of yr Speedo with engine on?

vf47;845753 said:
Bro.. this is a third party add-on not original BMW idrive.. nav will need to hv bigger screen to install.. also applies to reverse cam..

Can also take pic of yr Speedo with engine on?

But our brothers said its like this le. Unless we do the option from the SE. How about yours ?

Eastmints;845746 said:
hi ginmin bro. stocl RNS510 was totally useless to me. Key in the last 2 digits and the road name i am looking for does not appear. Most time, i can't find the road name i am looking for. In the end when i went to bolah land, i used a separate GPS borrowed from my in law.

I also worried for the integrated GPS lah bit i think if rum on galatico then no issue as i used to have holux and very happy with it.

Heh heh.ok maybe cos the places i go not so far out so rns able to serve my needs. Did u get the vw map updates from jimmy cbx? Had 2 map updates from him Fr my rns.

Reverse cam i feel impt as nowadays our f20 is quite low so need to watch out reverse, bumper n exhaust tip dun hit kerb. Wait heartpain.

Ibmpaul;845757 said:
But our brothers said its like this le. Unless we do the option from the SE. How about yours ?

Hi Paul

Agree with bro v47 dat yrs is aftermkt if touchscreen. In fact i m considering something like yrs. Asked abt original integrated one that comes with original bmw 8 inch upsize screen, new i drive w navi controller n buttons n hard disk. Cost 5k. That is too exp but very swee. Where is yr reverse cam mounted?

ginmin;845760 said:
Hi Paul

Agree with bro v47 dat yrs is aftermkt if touchscreen. In fact i m considering something like yrs. Asked abt original integrated one that comes with original bmw 8 inch upsize screen, new i drive w navi controller n buttons n hard disk. Cost 5k. That is too exp but very swee. Where is yr reverse cam mounted?

How about PML, got give the ori 8 inch idrive v nav control bo? If 5K go to do damn exp le. I better stay like this lor.
When I put R the camera will appear in idrive sreen. The camera was top of the rear plate. Em... not bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back