Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

Replace parts for chasis as follows
1. Front upper arm left & right
2. Front lower arm left & right
3. Front anti roll bar rubber bushing left & right
4. Rear upper arm left & right
5. Rear lower arm left & right

Some rubber crack, fish eye joint crack, rubber bush lost , worst was front lower arm joint side already big crack going to break into two.... paid $1650 for all include labour. All using lemforder parts as my friend told me its quality was quite good.

Hi Experts,

Been having irritating 'plastic' vibration sounds somewhere around my steering. Only happens during rough surfaces/ slowing down. Checked my IU/side compartment....should not be them.

Anyone has same experience?

Thanks

yegh55;1073202 said:
Hi Experts,

Been having irritating 'plastic' vibration sounds somewhere around my steering. Only happens during rough surfaces/ slowing down. Checked my IU/side compartment....should not be them.

Thanks

Send for workshop to check, but do not expect can be solve in short time. There are too many plastic joints and contact point inside dashboard.

My car still got noise but i only choose to raise up radio sound. Also if possible do not remove whole dashboard as labour charge is quite high on removing dashboard, also more noise might appear after few months you remove dashboard.

yegh55;1073206 said:
Thanks.. sounds quite complex.

I hand itchy remove myself , end up i gotta regrease all joints which cost me more than three days...... so, i dont recommend to remove everything on dash board.

The one thing PML I would say is solid - sticking friction tape in hard to get squeaky places ..... Try them. They got solid reviews for that previously. But prepare to wait as usual .....

yegh55;1073202 said:
Hi Experts,

Thanks

Red_Bean_Bun;1073223 said:
The one thing PML I would say is solid - sticking friction tape in hard to get squeaky places ..... Try them. They got solid reviews for that previously. But prepare to wait as usual .....

Seems like 3m vinyl permanent double sided tape.

christopher ngo;1073204 said:
Send for workshop to check, but do not expect can be solve in short time. There are too many plastic joints and contact point inside dashboard.

My car still got noise but i only choose to raise up radio sound. Also if possible do not remove whole dashboard as labour charge is quite high on removing dashboard, also more noise might appear after few months you remove dashboard.

But if cooling coil spoil, then how?

playstation76;1073238 said:
But if cooling coil spoil, then how?

Then difference story, boh dai boh ji dismantle for lube all plastic joints , few month come back again, shop sure carrot u one.

yegh55;1073202 said:
Hi Experts,

Thanks

Try checking the signal stalk. mine had this vibration sound from the signal stalk. If i lightly hold on to the 2 buttons behind, no more sound. weird thing is after changing to coilover, the sound is gone!

Another excuse to change to coilovers ........

exile;1073495 said:
Try checking the signal stalk. mine had this vibration sound from the signal stalk. If i lightly hold on to the 2 buttons behind, no more sound. weird thing is after changing to coilover, the sound is gone!

Hi all,

sorry for the noob questions

My servicing is due in 1K time and want to bring my own oil and buy own parts as much as possible
Can help to advice where to purchase and roughly how much for below items?
- engine oil (what is the recommended brand and grade for BMW and how many liters required for E60 520i?)
- engine, gearbox and exhaust mountings (experience slight vibration during idling, not sure which item to change, i suppose need to trial and error and how many pcs are there in total?)
- rear brake disc pads (during changing of tyres, saw my rear pads are very thin)

thanks

theboysact;1080504 said:
Hi all,

sorry for the noob questions

My servicing is due in 1K time and want to bring my own oil and buy own parts as much as possible
Can help to advice where to purchase and roughly how much for below items?
- engine oil (what is the recommended brand and grade for BMW and how many liters required for E60 520i?)
- engine, gearbox and exhaust mountings (experience slight vibration during idling, not sure which item to change, i suppose need to trial and error and how many pcs are there in total?)
- rear brake disc pads (during changing of tyres, saw my rear pads are very thin)

thanks

for engine oil actually not much difference if buy yourself ask workshop change or direct purchase from workshop, as long as LL01 or LL04 BMW approval.

When servicing , as mehanic have a thoroughly check for all wear and tear parts instead of ask them replace here and there. Depends how long you wish to keep your car also what is your requirement on your car.

How much savings can you get considering you need time and petrol to drive to buy the engine oil and parts(correct parts)? Unless u are walking or cycling to buy them....and lots of free time to spare or buy in bulk and stock it at home.

ozipo;1080521 said:
How much savings can you get considering you need time and petrol to drive to buy the engine oil and parts(correct parts)? Unless u are walking or cycling to buy them....and lots of free time to spare or buy in bulk and stock it at home.

savings can be quite sustainable.. :)

Savings are pretty good if you care to do a bit of leg work.

Oil from Mobil 1 $14-$15 per bottle depending on spec, E60 needs 6.5L so 7 bottles do the math
MXTRADINGS
The Frontier
Blk 50 Ubi Ave 3
#05-13 Singapore 408866
HP: +65 90262657 (Nicholas)
Whatsapp: +65 90262657

Oil Filter $8-9 and Spark Plugs 6 pieces at $78 Airfilter (didnt do as I use a K&N lifetime)
Integrated Global Network Enterprise.
9 Kakit Bukit Road 1 #01-11 Eunos Technolink Singapore 415938
6348 3083

Install at your workshop $40-80 for labour. Running around 1Hr as most of the workshop I go to are all in the UBI area as well as MXtrading and Integrated Global Network Enterprise so petrol less then 1L.

Most workshops will charge you approx $380++ WITHOUT sparkplugs and airfilter all their advertising is kinda misleading as the servicing package they provide is only 4L !!! So is it worth the effort to me it is as I can stockup 1 shot buy 2 or 3 sets to keep for future use.

rssid;1082202 said:
Savings are pretty good if you care to do a bit of leg work.

Oil from Mobil 1 $14-$15 per bottle depending on spec, E60 needs 6.5L so 7 bottles do the math
MXTRADINGS
The Frontier
Blk 50 Ubi Ave 3
#05-13 Singapore 408866
HP: +65 90262657 (Nicholas)
Whatsapp: +65 90262657

Oil Filter $8-9 and Spark Plugs 6 pieces at $78 Airfilter (didnt do as I use a K&N lifetime)
Integrated Global Network Enterprise.
9 Kakit Bukit Road 1 #01-11 Eunos Technolink Singapore 415938
6348 3083

Install at your workshop $40-80 for labour. Running around 1Hr as most of the workshop I go to are all in the UBI area as well as MXtrading and Integrated Global Network Enterprise so petrol less then 1L.

Most workshops will charge you approx $380++ WITHOUT sparkplugs and airfilter all their advertising is kinda misleading as the servicing package they provide is only 4L !!! So is it worth the effort to me it is as I can stockup 1 shot buy 2 or 3 sets to keep for future use.

When ws see you bring all these stuff,they feel that they dun earn much n do a lousy job. Worth it or not?

If want cheap, vios and city will give you best with Mugen , TRD sticker on.
BMW have nothing call cheap and saving on maintenance .
My kancil in Malaysia only cost me 60 ringgit per year with fully syn oil .

christopher ngo;1082301 said:
If want cheap, vios and city will give you best with Mugen , TRD sticker on.
BMW have nothing call cheap and saving on maintenance .
My kancil in Malaysia only cost me 60 ringgit per year with fully syn oil .

Wonder if that guy can really afford a BMW? To me it's a disgrace to owners driving luxury cars if he have to go to that extent to save $$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back