Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

mustaffalj;975589 said:
Bro, it around $100 each bearing, labour around $250-300, Can't remember exactly,

Noted with thanks...

I would like to thank R2D for solving my problem...

Thank you so much!

Red_Bean_Bun;976716 said:
What was the problem ?

Rusty Brake Drum...which drove me mad!

Ha Ha...Finally R2D solved the Mystery Sound...

Couple @ R2D really loved BMW wholeheartedly...Cheers!

Hi,

Need advice from you. Everytime I hit the brakes or hit press on the brakes, there will be this loud screeching sound coming from my tyres. I have change my new front and back rotor (not original though) and my brake pads are still rather new (not original though). My ride is E60 with 19" original M3 rims. I was told by WS that it is sound coming from the rims and mentioned that the larger the rims, the louder the sound. But too me it is not logical as there was sound everytime I hit the brakes. Sound was loud when I was reversing with half press brake. Another WS told me is that I didnt use OEM parts for both rotor and brake pads. Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this??? Been driving for a while and it has made my driving experience very bad.....

Red_Bean_Bun;953020 said:
Go bed it in .... Accelerate to 100 kmh then reduce to 30 Kmh 7-8 times in a row.

Ask WS to apply brake grease on the pins, back of pads etc .... As long as not between pad and rotor ....

Chamfer the sides of the pads ....

If it has backing plates .... Check the orientation

It's not the pad and rotor rubbing causing the sound. It's the other parts vibrating causing the noise.

16 March 2007 E60 523i
1. Steering pump ceased - Claim with dealer due to QBE rejected and push blame that steering pump bearing worn out not consider as steering pump defect.... LAME answer.

2. Cooling Pump and thermostat defect - engine cut out while 140+kmh at NS highway, give me and passengers a big damn shock, able to claim warranty.

3. Complete set absorbers defect, all leaking and replace with coilover.

4. Exhaust system failed, it doesn't roar when i torture my pedal. Something was wrong, so Fong Kim put a Foxy Wolf Remus Quad for me, problem solve.

5. Wiper, countless replacement on 8 monthes, keep on juddering till i found cheap cheap wiper on Ebay but suprise that juddering gone.......

6. Right side brake light, keep on giving error and back to BCC for replacement bulb/check but it does come back after few hours, remove cover at trunk myself found that wire connector oxidize , polish contact point and problem solved.

7. Head light blur, passenger side headlight blur from casing, dismantle and found all wire insulation skin was crack and wire exposed....... temporary repair with silicone high temp insulation tube while looking for replacement headlight. (Bros, contact me if you have spare or you are going to scrap your car soon for Pre LCI model)

Thats all problem i have rectified, so far it was fun ride and comfy to touring with families.

Seems like a lot.
Sold my 2005 520 last year with 120k km on clock. Have to change gearbox and found out later that local shops can do flashing of box and extend life... (did it for my E90 320!).
Did not touch suspension and shocks, but changed steering box! Drop arms not change too.
Big ticket item is the gearbox, do send to local shop before letting PML to replace it. Can extend life for at least another 2 years!

bh0322;947074 said:

I just got my stock shock absorbers replaced. Sent u a PM

Any idea hw much to changeall 4 stock shock absorbers? Can PM me? thanks.

jlwk;1034924 said:
Any idea hw much to changeall 4 stock shock absorbers? Can PM me? thanks.

I've been quote 4 sets of absorber + top bearings + bump stop cushion + labour @ 1.7-1.8k, gotta use back old springs.

unfit;976758 said:
Rusty Brake Drum...which drove me mad!

Ha Ha...Finally R2D solved the Mystery Sound...

Couple @ R2D really loved BMW wholeheartedly...Cheers!

Brake Drum!!!!! I thought all ventilated discs?

I think you kena smoke.

Cheers

Hi bro

I changed a lot of parts too when it reached 4 years old. Parts changed over a six months period are:-

1) Aircon compressor & dryer
2) Battery
3) Fan belt tensioner
4) alternator pully & idle pully
5) Engine mounting
6) Gearbox mounting
7) Radiator supply hose and spare tank hose
8) bonnet absorber
9) Rear wheel bearing, left and right
10) Front brake disc pad
11) Auto filter sump c/w gasket (change ATF)
12) Update engine dme software

Scary huh? But have to admit, my mileage is rather high at 130k.

vinang1;1037933 said:
Hi bro

I changed a lot of parts too when it reached 4 years old. Parts changed over a six months period are:-

1) Aircon compressor & dryer
2) Battery
3) Fan belt tensioner
4) alternator pully & idle pully
5) Engine mounting
6) Gearbox mounting
7) Radiator supply hose and spare tank hose
8) bonnet absorber
9) Rear wheel bearing, left and right
10) Front brake disc pad
11) Auto filter sump c/w gasket (change ATF)
12) Update engine dme software

Scary huh? But have to admit, my mileage is rather high at 130k.

ya my experience also quite scary. thats why in future if i buy a bmw again, it better be
1. under PML warranty
2. coming with full sets of repair invoices from previous owners.
cheers

christopher ngo;1035022 said:
I've been quote 4 sets of absorber + top bearings + bump stop cushion + labour @ 1.7-1.8k, gotta use back old springs.

Seriously??? Pm me if you want. I just changed mine. Brought from eng soon 4 stock shocks n got it changed at my regular ws. Labour $100.

My 5 yr e60 vibrates whenever I turn on AC.
Engine and gear mount change less than a
Yr ago. Front arms change less than 3 month ago.
Feels like driving a taxi now. Any similar experience guys?

naan1974;1038188 said:
My 5 yr e60 vibrates whenever I turn on AC.
Engine and gear mount change less than a
Yr ago. Front arms change less than 3 month ago.
Feels like driving a taxi now. Any similar experience guys?

These are normal wear and tear items. Change them and put a smile back on your face.

tiger1;1038129 said:
Seriously??? Pm me if you want. I just changed mine. Brought from eng soon 4 stock shocks n got it changed at my regular ws. Labour $100.

I already fix coilover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back