Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

hi Bro,
My gearbox could not engaged to drive and got to towed back to PML last Friday. They said must change GB and quoted $12k and I decided to tow to a WS called Euro Auto @ 10 AMK autopoint #02-13. The WS did a fantastic job at a much reduced price and no need to change my GB. Now my car is performing better than before.

cccc;1043840 said:
Anyone can advise the estimated price range for a transmission servicing and the scope of work involved?

topprize123;1044582 said:
hi Bro,
My gearbox could not engaged to drive and got to towed back to PML last Friday. They said must change GB and quoted $12k and I decided to tow to a WS called Euro Auto @ 10 AMK autopoint #02-13. The WS did a fantastic job at a much reduced price and no need to change my GB. Now my car is performing better than before.

PML quoted is for replacement of GB
The ws probably did an overhaul of the GB , thus at much lower cost
With some car owners, agent prefer recommending change of parts
than to help save cost and suggest repairing because no way to predict after
repairing will problem comes back or other related or non-related problems
suddenly surface and owners will blame agents for poor workmanship

topprize123;1044582 said:
hi Bro,

Thanks for the recommendation. Can you share with us what did the workshop repair for your gear box?

Well said ozipo

Really have to depend on the fault and case by case scenario. Unless we understand more about the problems it is really hard to judge if the quoted price is too much or not.

My point is my GB is not totally spoiled beyond repair. why PML recommend to replace the whole GB? The WS just changed some components called GB Mechatronics Solenoid Valve. Why spend unnecessary money if outside WS can repair and give one year warranty to the parts being replaced.

cccc;1044681 said:
Thanks for the recommendation. Can you share with us what did the workshop repair for your gear box?

hi everyone;
I wrote this so that everyone is aware of the high cost of relating to GB issues and can compare notes. I am also sick and tired of WS that charge you more and don't do a good job of taking care of your car. I have used a "famous" BMWS in Alexandra but decided that enough is enough. From my past experience they charge me service after service just to repair oil leakage. That WS also quoted $4 to 6K to repair my GB.
I have never met Mr Lim of Euro Auto or use his service before. I contacted him through Google and I am glad I found him to be reliable and trustworthy. He told me over the phone confidently that I need not replace the GB. The most I have to pay is not more than $2 to 4k. See the difference. If I go back to that WS in alexandra, most likely will be $5 to $6k. This show he is very confident to do a good job for my car and I must say no regret.
As layman who are not technical incline we are subject to the mercy of the Agent who are suppose to take care of us customers first but seems like they take care of their bottom lines first.

ozipo;1044616 said:
PML quoted is for replacement of GB
The ws probably did an overhaul of the GB , thus at much lower cost
With some car owners, agent prefer recommending change of parts
than to help save cost and suggest repairing because no way to predict after
repairing will problem comes back or other related or non-related problems
suddenly surface and owners will blame agents for poor workmanship

I had a E39 for 5 years clocking more than 100k km, no GB problem. My E60 GB control unit failed at 100k as i love to switch between S and N and use manual swift. Normal driving even with hard acceleration the GB can last 160-200k km.

Hi i just bought a 6 year e60 and like to know te wkshop that can reset the gearbox and any other tips.i used to own a e46 then sold then my last ride was lex. Appreciate your help and advice.
pm or reply me. Tks

Currently my GB clocked to 170k mileage and still work fine after 4 years use touch wood : ) the only very issue is vy minor jerk sometime during hard acceralation but it is fine to me .. My ride mostly highway driving and I always whack my GB gao gao during NS driving hihi. Beside my SA always said this is the best maintenance to our BMW GB

lf37;1044844 said:
I had a E39 for 5 years clocking more than 100k km, no GB problem. My E60 GB control unit failed at 100k as i love to switch between S and N and use manual swift. Normal driving even with hard acceleration the GB can last 160-200k km.

Algino;1045159 said:
Currently my GB clocked to 170k mileage and still work fine after 4 years use touch wood : ) the only very issue is vy minor jerk sometime during hard acceralation but it is fine to me .. My ride mostly highway driving and I always whack my GB gao gao during NS driving hihi. Beside my SA always said this is the best maintenance to our BMW GB

whack = good for GB?

Thank you Algino.
Yes auto GB like to be driven hard rather than changing frequently at low rpm. Can get info from ZF transmission.

Hi Not sure what do you mean reset GB? suggest you pay a visit to EuroAuto.

SpeedyGonzales;1045014 said:
Hi i just bought a 6 year e60 and like to know te wkshop that can reset the gearbox and any other tips.i used to own a e46 then sold then my last ride was lex. Appreciate your help and advice.
pm or reply me. Tks

Hi Guys,

I am driving 4 years old E60 525.

I encountered not able to accelerate smoothly on Saturday. The feel is like car is stuck even i floored the pedal fully.....car going like tortise...ganna Horned and Highbeamed behind.
I tried switched to D/S-->Manual...same problem. Finally, i stopped by the road side, restarted engineer twice....then back to normal.

Contacted PML, suspect Spark plug issue.

Can advise from all the experts here?

Thanks in Advance!

hi is there any signage from the control?
yegh55;1045290 said:
Hi Guys,

I am driving 4 years old E60 525.

I encountered not able to accelerate smoothly on Saturday. The feel is like car is stuck even i floored the pedal fully.....car going like tortise...ganna Horned and Highbeamed behind.
I tried switched to D/S-->Manual...same problem. Finally, i stopped by the road side, restarted engineer twice....then back to normal.

Contacted PML, suspect Spark plug issue.

Can advise from all the experts here?

Thanks in Advance!

100k km change spark plugs and coils. If less, better get PML to run through computer record.

hi since your car is no more warranty, no need to go PML. try EuroAuto @ AMK autopoint
lf37;1045413 said:
100k km change spark plugs and coils. If less, better get PML to run through computer record.

My ignition coil also 170k mileague Liao .. Checked with PML and was told still running good .. Not sure ignition coil also lifetime like transmission oil ?!?!

QUOTE=lf37;1045413]100k km change spark plugs and coils. If less, better get PML to run through computer record.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbetcomph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back