Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

SpoiltBrat;1038190 said:
These are normal wear and tear items. Change them and put a smile back on your face.

The question is change what? The workshop guys are doing
Try and error on my ride. I just changed my ignition coils and sparks plugs as they suspect it could be a missfire. Well my car
Is still vibrating.

naan1974;1040042 said:
The question is change what? The workshop guys are doing
Try and error on my ride. I just changed my ignition coils and sparks plugs as they suspect it could be a missfire. Well my car
Is still vibrating.

engine mounting next?

Had sold my E60 520/2.2 after 110000 km. Gearbox sensor unit konk, and electric steering (another $$ item) gone. No problem with suspensions though, no bonnet absorber. All done in PML. Overall a good experience.

My rear trunk shock absorber defect last week , each time open trunk, it bounce up like going to flip over my car......

Mine is 5yrs old now;

1. What's the sympthoms of worn engine mount?

2. Anyone got the aircon blower sound (rattling) when hard braking or hard right turn?

eoobeng;1043428 said:
Mine is 5yrs old now;

1. What's the sympthoms of worn engine mount?

2. Anyone got the aircon blower sound (rattling) when hard braking or hard right turn?

You feel vibration especially thru steering...

Thanks on the engine mounting.
So it wouldn't be the cause of the "rattling sound".

On the aircon blower, not sure it is the cause. Getting to it is a mess. Lots of the dashboard stuff gotta be dismantled and costly too.

Anyone can advise the estimated price range for a transmission servicing and the scope of work involved?

Bro cccc - try first flashing of the trans oil and changing it. $$ maybe around $500. If you need to service the gear then maybe better to look for a recon box (not easy to find but guess there are some in the market). My experience with my 320 is that flashing can extend gb life by another 30-40k km.

When i received my car i change tranny oil and filter which it clocked 105k km nvr replace by ex owner. I saw oil drain out was super thick and sludge came out also. Think that might replace again end of december after 30k on last replacement.

Thanks for the advises. Appreciate them.

Since I'm deciding on servicing my transmission I may be considering doing a more comprehensive service for a peace of mind.

Just bought this E60 recently and unsure if ex-owner actually did any maintenance on this part. So I would like to find out more feedbacks from experienced bros in this forum to firm up on my decision.

cccc;1044119 said:
Thanks for the advises. Appreciate them.

Since I'm deciding on servicing my transmission I may be considering doing a more comprehensive service for a peace of mind.

Just bought this E60 recently and unsure if ex-owner actually did any maintenance on this part. So I would like to find out more feedbacks from experienced bros in this forum to firm up on my decision.

Most important check cooling pump, tranny and steering pump condition. It will be painful if it failed to function.

If u are changing the transmission oil, if it the oil came out thick , my humor advise is to change only half instead of the full 8L . The gear box may not react positively after the sudden change in pressure.
U may want to change the oil again after another 20000-30000km down the road.

redrex;1044489 said:
If u are changing the transmission oil, if it the oil came out thick , my humor advise is to change only half instead of the full 8L . The gear box may not react positively after the sudden change in pressure.

This is what workshop told me too, ask me replace after 20-30k after first replacement instead of replace all on last time.

redrex;1044489 said:

Thanks for your advice. But my opinion is totally opposite of yours. Unless you are using a different grade or wrong transmission fluid, a fresh change of fluid will yield positive reaction.

Today just visited one of the sponsored workshop to try out their services. After the transmission service, my transmission engage more smoothly as compared to pre-service. They are recommending an interval service at every 60, 000km.

christopher ngo;1042069 said:
My rear trunk shock absorber defect last week , each time open trunk, it bounce up like going to flip over my car......

Eng Soon selling it for $160. If you can get it cheaper or lobang for used one. Pls let me know, mine bouncing since 1 yr back,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back