Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

Re: Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

Who is the best devil.... PML, SG Veh or ms lim?

MapleLeaf;829654 said:
Who is the best devil.... PML, SG Veh or ms lim?

Of course PML. I will still return to PML anytime, but I will avoid those dealers like SG Veh and Ms Lim for eternity.

sszone;826294 said:
Tot your x1 quite newly bought rite bro?

Yes bro. Got problem since day 1. Wrote a long complaint letter and then three persons called me and provide personalised service. I wrote the complaint on a saturday and my car came out of pml resolved by the next Friday. At first said parts no stock, then suddenly everything got stock. Sone more give me free loan car.

to move pml you need to write love letter, i never mention wobbles

snowmanyee;830873 said:
Yes bro. Got problem since day 1. Wrote a long complaint letter and then three persons called me and provide personalised service. I wrote the complaint on a saturday and my car came out of pml resolved by the next Friday. At first said parts no stock, then suddenly everything got stock. Sone more give me free loan car.

I am not sure about the outside workshops, but I have always done my servicing with PML..... both at Alexandra and Kampong Arang. I have always been quite happy with them.

There are a bit more expensive, but not crazily more. They take a real long time... but to people like me who need to be able to trust that their ride is working ok, i must say that taking a cab, bus or mrt while waiting for them is quite a refresher at times..... making me appreciate driving even more.

Just changed my gearbox oil yesterday, car is fine and the drive is smoother..... although it was supposed to be a lifetime oil thing.

wt_know;830960 said:
to move pml you need to write love letter, i never mention wobbles

You also never mentioned my king kong buddha lotus 18 dragon slaying palm?

wobbles;834892 said:
You also never mentioned my king kong buddha lotus 18 dragon slaying palm?

u and botay should make good buddies.
should exchange your king kong buddha lotus 18 dragon slaying palm with his ah beng glass shattering palm :errr:

I clever. I leave palmprint on WOODEN table....

Pml wrote love letter to me and apologise. Thats why I bought 4D cos tonight will strike...

So many victims of PML lousy services and quality issue, why not petition? i will be the first one to support.

Currently at PML Alexandra to collect my ride after routine service.

I notice that they are not as busy as before, including 2 days ago when I sent in for servicing.

I wonder why...........

Most people goes to Kampong Arang or MA these days??

Last edited by a moderator:

I am living the nightmare right now. Here is my story...

Day 1

Car developed severe acceleration lag issues... there is a two second delay at least from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal to the car moving off.
 Called PML immediately as I thought it was a serious and potentially dangerous problem (especially when merging or pulling out of slip roads... imagine doing that without reliable acceleration). But Performance Motors didn’t think it was that serious... they told me to wait 9 days for earliest appointment at ANY of their centres. 
Of course I objected and told that I thought it was serious. “OK”, they said, “bring it to any of the PML centres and someone will look at it on the spot. So I did. Brought it to Alexandra road centre and after waiting 60mins (since I didn’t have an appointment), someone did. Was told that I could still drive it, and stuck me in the queue to wait for the service slot - 9 days from then.

Jump forward 9 days...

Day 10

Brought my car in, the usual semi-chaotic dance of front counter staff and customers. Eventually, my service advisor attended to me and - referencing notes from my “drop in” 9 days before, advised me that he would call at the end of the day with a verdict.

Received a call at 5pm (or thereabouts) and was told that they found a lag in the acceleration - duh! Wasn’t that why I brought it in?? Was told that car would be ready tomorrow...

Day 11

Received a call at about the same time (5pm or so) and was told that the fault was due to a software issue - ‘nothing wrong with the mechanical bits’ they said. BUT car would not be ready till tomorrow...

Day 12

A call came in at about 5pm (I was developing a severe dread for those 5 pm calls). Was told that the wunderkinds at PML had re-loaded the software, but found another fault - wasn’t sure if I was supposed to congratulate them for being so smart at finding another fault, or if I was meant to challenge them about causing this new fault with all their poking around. Nonetheless, was told car would not be ready till tomorrow...

Day 13

5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Car would be ready tomorrow. But was offered a loan car - an X1... not bad, even though the car I brought in was an X5

Day 14

At our now usual 5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Car would be ready tomorrow... Hang on! “Tomorrow” is Saturday - are you PML guys sure you can return the car to me on a Saturday??? Seizing the opportunity, my service advisor said actually he would return my X5 on the coming Monday... 

After listening to me complain bitterly that my large family (which is why I bought an X5) would not be able to squeeze into the little X1 which was loaned to me, my service advisor said “Sorry nothing I could do”... see you on Monday.

Day 15 and Day 16 (Sat and Sun)

Trying to stay positive about Performance Motors... not succeeding...

Day 17

5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. They found the root cause... some timing motor was broken. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 18

PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Now had to adjust some valve thing. Too tired to argue or challenge. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 19

PML calls to say they are almost done! Wow! Light at the end of the tunnel! Silly me... PML guy says he needed to replace some seals and housings and that since the car was on the job, might as well do it at the same time. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 20

PML calls - after a couple of SMS’ from me to enquire what the heck was going on - and the now familiar “still on the job” refrain is sounded. I tell my service advisor that enough is enough, and that I need it before the approaching weekend. He tells me “Car will be ready tomorrow...”

Day 21 (today)

Just got off the phone with my service advisor... “still on the job” he says... “Car will be ready on Monday”...

AHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a true story.

What should I do??????

I am living the nightmare right now. Here is my story...

Day 1

Car developed severe acceleration lag issues... there is a two second delay at least from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal to the car moving off.
 Called PML immediately as I thought it was a serious and potentially dangerous problem (especially when merging or pulling out of slip roads... imagine doing that without reliable acceleration). But Performance Motors didn’t think it was that serious... they told me to wait 9 days for earliest appointment at ANY of their centres. 
Of course I objected and told that I thought it was serious. “OK”, they said, “bring it to any of the PML centres and someone will look at it on the spot. So I did. Brought it to Alexandra road centre and after waiting 60mins (since I didn’t have an appointment), someone did. Was told that I could still drive it, and stuck me in the queue to wait for the service slot - 9 days from then.

Jump forward 9 days...

Day 10

Brought my car in, the usual semi-chaotic dance of front counter staff and customers. Eventually, my service advisor attended to me and - referencing notes from my “drop in” 9 days before, advised me that he would call at the end of the day with a verdict.

Received a call at 5pm (or thereabouts) and was told that they found a lag in the acceleration - duh! Wasn’t that why I brought it in?? Was told that car would be ready tomorrow...

Day 11

Received a call at about the same time (5pm or so) and was told that the fault was due to a software issue - ‘nothing wrong with the mechanical bits’ they said. BUT car would not be ready till tomorrow...

Day 12

A call came in at about 5pm (I was developing a severe dread for those 5 pm calls). Was told that the wunderkinds at PML had re-loaded the software, but found another fault - wasn’t sure if I was supposed to congratulate them for being so smart at finding another fault, or if I was meant to challenge them about causing this new fault with all their poking around. Nonetheless, was told car would not be ready till tomorrow...

Day 13

5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Car would be ready tomorrow. But was offered a loan car - an X1... not bad, even though the car I brought in was an X5

Day 14

At our now usual 5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Car would be ready tomorrow... Hang on! “Tomorrow” is Saturday - are you PML guys sure you can return the car to me on a Saturday??? Seizing the opportunity, my service advisor said actually he would return my X5 on the coming Monday... 

After listening to me complain bitterly that my large family (which is why I bought an X5) would not be able to squeeze into the little X1 which was loaned to me, my service advisor said “Sorry nothing I could do”... see you on Monday.

Day 15 and Day 16 (Sat and Sun)

Trying to stay positive about Performance Motors... not succeeding...

Day 17

5pm: PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. They found the root cause... some timing motor was broken. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 18

PML calls to say they are “still on the job”. Now had to adjust some valve thing. Too tired to argue or challenge. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 19

PML calls to say they are almost done! Wow! Light at the end of the tunnel! Silly me... PML guy says he needed to replace some seals and housings and that since the car was on the job, might as well do it at the same time. Was told “Car would be ready tomorrow...”

Day 20

PML calls - after a couple of SMS’ from me to enquire what the heck was going on - and the now familiar “still on the job” refrain is sounded. I tell my service advisor that enough is enough, and that I need it before the approaching weekend. He tells me “Car will be ready tomorrow...”

Day 21 (today)

Just got off the phone with my service advisor... “still on the job” he says... “Car will be ready on Monday”...

AHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a true story.

What should I do??????

go around singapore temples pai pai .... get a bottle 'water' shower the car ... might help

What should I do??????

Day 21 then post ... sibei patient liao
most after day 2 ... bang table, bang chair ... and roll on the floor threatening to call STOMP :lol:

haha Koolg. In the first instance, you asked for it - why let PML drag so long. You could have send the car back to Gemany and have it returned by now.

How much is an X5? $95,000? Is that why the service is so poor.

You probably dunno abt PML yet.

At least you should know your rights. You either need a sniper or a lawyer.

khoolg;902795 said:
PML calls to say they are almost done! Wow! Light at the end of the tunnel!

Yup, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is from an oncoming train.

You should forget about the 5 p.m. calls and just sort them out face to face. Make someone there own the problem. They get away with it because they can - customers let them by being too nice.

Please ask bro wobbles to impart buddha palm bang table bang SA to you
The highlight is to go there bang

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vt999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back