E90 - Central Locking Failed - Locked from inside.....

Re: E90 - Central Locking Failed - Locked from inside.....

i have similar experiences on my E90 320, own it for 2 and a half years now, but never drive it much. Spend most of the time parked or at PML rectifying faults. My bimmer could not start twice and PML took 2 days each time to replace the steering column sensor. The sensor could not read the key fob so got to replaced.

Next came the central locking system, failed 3 times. Got stuck in the car the first time and I called the X3 to come and save me. So the story starts...replace temp fuse under glove box, send to PML and replace acutators on whichever door fails.

So when the central locking failed for the 2nd and 3rd time, it become a routine for me. Got used to it, and sad to say, totally fed up with the car. But I must PML SA are the most patient and helpful people. Cos my 2nd wife (my honda) did not fail once for the past 2 yrs, yet the 320 has died 5 times. So much for the ultimate driving machine.....

Well, the build quailty of the E90 is more to be desired.... sigh

Some times I wonder, since these are known problems, why can't they be more proactive about it instead of just waiting for owners to face the problem before they retify it....

ultimatedrive;362688 said:
i have similar experiences on my E90 320, own it for 2 and a half years now, but never drive it much. Spend most of the time parked or at PML rectifying faults. My bimmer could not start twice and PML took 2 days each time to replace the steering column sensor. The sensor could not read the key fob so got to replaced.

Next came the central locking system, failed 3 times. Got stuck in the car the first time and I called the X3 to come and save me. So the story starts...replace temp fuse under glove box, send to PML and replace acutators on whichever door fails.

So when the central locking failed for the 2nd and 3rd time, it become a routine for me. Got used to it, and sad to say, totally fed up with the car. But I must PML SA are the most patient and helpful people. Cos my 2nd wife (my honda) did not fail once for the past 2 yrs, yet the 320 has died 5 times. So much for the ultimate driving machine.....

The fine print says... Ultimate Driving Machine. cos it drives you nuts.. haha.

My car is now 8 months and already got alot of problems.. cant imagine what it'll be like in 2 yrs time. My 1st and Last BMW. Switching brands liao. Their aftersales service is really crap too. Got to bang table before they wake up.. or else they just keep brushing you off...

Leungster;362794 said:
The fine print says... Ultimate Driving Machine. cos it drives you nuts.. haha.

My car is now 8 months and already got alot of problems.. cant imagine what it'll be like in 2 yrs time. My 1st and Last BMW. Switching brands liao. Their aftersales service is really crap too. Got to bang table before they wake up.. or else they just keep brushing you off...

but what is actually causing the actuator and fuse to fail? is it the hot climate. BMW should do a RECALL since this is a very serious safety issue. imagine if ur in a crash and a fire starts?
a few cases of burnt alive victims who cannot get out from their bmws. i wonder.

Do you know whether when a BMW crashed, will all the doors unlock themselves?

silvercard;363362 said:
Do you know whether when a BMW crashed, will all the doors unlock themselves?
My fren crashed his E46 head on a few yrs back. Tis is what happen (according to him):
1. Airbag blasted out;
2. Hazard lite on; &
3. All 4 doors unlocked.

arghhhh!
same thing just happened to my E90......
central locking failed today, called pml mobile service in the morning, guy comes down to replace fuse, asks me to book appointment, 1st available slot is Friday, by evening same thing happens again, fuse didn't even last a day........
am i supposed to drive around with 1 door operational until friday?
$%$@#%$@!

Following up on the central locking and actuators repeat failures, PML is replacing all these for free before the 3 year warranty expires. I think it won't be free after the warranty expires. Anyone knows? I have heard these are common faults across the 3 series range.

I am thinking of replacing it before the warranty expires. Anyone has any problems with the 3 series coupe or 5 series sedan?

No doubt it is a nice car to drive, but cannot stand the repeated visits back to PML to rectify faults.

ultimatedrive;367683 said:
Following up on the central locking and actuators repeat failures, PML is replacing all these for free before the 3 year warranty expires. I think it won't be free after the warranty expires. Anyone knows? I have heard these are common faults across the 3 series range.

I am thinking of replacing it before the warranty expires. Anyone has any problems with the 3 series coupe or 5 series sedan?

No doubt it is a nice car to drive, but cannot stand the repeated visits back to PML to rectify faults.

may i know if the 3 series in singapore is CBU from germany or thailand? or ckd?

wow I just had mine falling on me too...haha, went home one night to find only driver door can be locked with remote, unlock have to use key, had an appointment so went out, I fetch 3 other frens, when rched mac for supper, manually push down the lock pins on the doors, when I came back, could not unlock even internally pull the door lever, so in the end had everyone climb in thru my driver's door.

Anyways cut long story short, sent into PML and complained, they found that front left door actuator failed and they replaced all the 4 door actuators for good measure. Service is pretty good I would say, so far I had quite a few experiences and their service has always been prompt and polite. Also I had highlighted this problem to BMW AG and they got back to me showing the new part number for the door actuators which they had replaced for me. Which means they have improved the part but dunno whether it would last long though....

Reading this got me worried. I just bought a 5 series. Does this problem happen to the 5 series often or it's just the 3 series car? I'm not a patient person to start with and will definitely get quite mad if I'm stuck with a car that I can't open. :-(

ben123;379242 said:
Reading this got me worried. I just bought a 5 series. Does this problem happen to the 5 series often or it's just the 3 series car? I'm not a patient person to start with and will definitely get quite mad if I'm stuck with a car that I can't open. :-(

I have had the same problem with my CKD Malaysia 320i beemer:yummie: I noticed that prior to the problem , the door will make weird squeaky noise...

Have you guys had similar symptoms?

Hi ..ALL my e90(323) has this problem recently all my 3 doors completely dead lock and need to send in and down the car for 2 days..i always give them chance (SA) telling me lots of story ,and most of the time i will tell them to check and recheck before asking me to collect my car..cos i didnt restrict them on how many days should they take to check and replace what ever parts or repair...but dont let me go back on the same problem again..i didnt rush them on the work and they should do a good job...sending my car in this friday morning...

joining the gang here...my central locking system also recently failed and was subsequently replaced. car almost 2 years old...fortunately or not well...

hope bmw had rectified the problem cos i just took delivery of my car last week

it would be useful to find out here who has the newest car which has this failure. then we would know if this is still an existing problem or just happens to the earlier batch.

cheers

Mine is an E39 and front passenger door totally dead.

Pull from inside the button come up but door just refuse to open. Mechanics suspect it is a mechanical problem.

Just wondering any of you face the same issue and how is it resolve. [was told may have to cut through the panel - koyak then]

And by the way, what is the damage having the actuator replaced by PML?

Deadkookaburra;479665 said:
well my central locking failed me again for the 3rd time!

Bro, when was the first time you kena this problem man? Now having me all worried up lah.

I managed to find (thru my car dealer) a workshop in AMK Ind Pk 2 who did a good job of replacing the actuator without any damage to the door panel.

1st class experience indeed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unshortennet1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back