E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

lkh007;913330 said:
Is yours white 320 has been there quite few days for overhaul? keke.. nice facelift LCI headlight..and serbring exos.. keke..

i was there changing to LCI halogen headlight and rear absorber too.. Saw another black e90 320 sitting outside the shop.

Pm me how much the cost and what is the job included for your engine overhaul.. thx

hi, would like to check with you if you brought your own LCI halogen headlights there or was it sourced from the workshop? How much did that cost?

ryan75;914098 said:
hi, would like to check with you if you brought your own LCI halogen headlights there or was it sourced from the workshop? How much did that cost?

I brought my own LCI halogen headlights there.. bought from propel. the last pcs..hehe..
No error code or watever.. just plug and play.
I just wan to hv angel eyes.. :) have different feel on the look after changing to LCI headlights. :p love it!

Pardon for the late reply

Yes, that's mine in there for a week to do the over-haul.

Now car engine is good as new :)

I posted some photos and links here in the other thread:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-3-...s-de-tox-de-sludge-your-bmw-2.html#post915752

Changed quite alot of parts, i think the workshop use the full-top and bottom rebuilt kit, i.e. piston rings, valve seals, several like the timing chain guide are plastic, and also all the gaskets/seals etc, all in all, one mid size box full of parts change.

lkh007;913330 said:
Is yours white 320 has been there quite few days for overhaul? keke.. nice facelift LCI headlight..and serbring exos.. keke..

i was there changing to LCI halogen headlight and rear absorber too.. Saw another black e90 320 sitting outside the shop.

Pm me how much the cost and what is the job included for your engine overhaul.. thx

Pardon for the late reply

Yes, that's mine in there for a week to do the over-haul.

Now car engine is good as new :)

I posted some photos and links here in the other thread:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-3-...s-de-tox-de-sludge-your-bmw-2.html#post915752

Changed quite alot of parts, i think the workshop use the full-top and bottom rebuilt kit, i.e. piston rings, valve seals, several like the timing chain guide are plastic, and also all the gaskets/seals etc, all in all, one mid size box full of parts change.

lkh007;913330 said:

Leaking like crazy... Topping up 1L of oil every about 4000km or so... Got my flywheel oil seal replaced today... $32 for parts and

Hi lkm,

1L every 4k still ok, mine was 1L every 1-2k, then drop to every 2 weeks.

But my oil leaks all fixed previously, including the flywheel oil seal. Mine was oil burning due to the valve seals, going out in the exhaust.

Quite a lot of parts changed just in this one year alone :)

lkm;916242 said:
Leaking like crazy... Topping up 1L of oil every about 4000km or so... Got my flywheel oil seal replaced today... $32 for parts and

Yeah, have been reading that some e90 owners here experiencing burning oils and require engine overhaul.... Hopefully that's not the case for me! *touch wood!!*

canuck78;916244 said:
Hi lkm,

1L every 4k still ok, mine was 1L every 1-2k, then drop to every 2 weeks.

But my oil leaks all fixed previously, including the flywheel oil seal. Mine was oil burning due to the valve seals, going out in the exhaust.

Quite a lot of parts changed just in this one year alone :)

Fix your valve seals early on if you have oil loss plus exhaust white smoke. Good way to test is idle your engine 10 min, then rev engine to see if there's any white smoke.

Leave it too long the pistons and rest of engine block get coked up, more damage to clean up later.

The valve seals replacement is a lot cheaper obviously than full overhaul of course.

All the problems can be repaired so not a issue IMHO

lkm;916724 said:
Yeah, have been reading that some e90 owners here experiencing burning oils and require engine overhaul.... Hopefully that's not the case for me! *touch wood!!*

Fix your valve seals early on if you have oil loss plus exhaust white smoke. Good way to test is idle your engine 10 min, then rev engine to see if there's any white smoke.

Leave it too long the pistons and rest of engine block get coked up, more damage to clean up later.

The valve seals replacement is a lot cheaper obviously than full overhaul of course.

All the problems can be repaired so not a big issue IMHO

lkm;916724 said:

Any advice?

wrx2.0;914076 said:
Need to go for my servicing soon. Any bros or sis care to share which engine oil are u using and where to buy? My ride is a PFL E90 320. Thanks in advance!

Hi to all, i'm new to BMW & interested in this 2005 320, but there is a warning sign beside the mileage that bother me

320.jpg

Can any bro advise?

Thanks in advance

therock610;918866 said:
Hi to all, i'm new to BMW & interested in this 2005 320, but there is a warning sign beside the mileage that bother me

320.jpg

Can any bro advise?

Thanks in advance

Click on the BC button n see what the error is.... Probably top up.1litre engine oil haha

Haha...is not my ride yet but today I check the car out the sign is gone...btw where is the BC button?

Last edited by a moderator:

80-90km left to go on existing fuel will also have the fuel warning prompt (hazard sign), use the BC button to check what fault.

Info on how to use BC stalk:

bc-info button located on the turn signal stalk on the left side of the steering wheel, this is the button you would use to scroll through information in the cluster, to reset a service you will press and hold the bc or info button until reset apears in the cluster then release button and press button again and hold it until the reset light goes out and the new milage apears, if there are multiple services due you can scroll through the list and reset each one.

therock610;918882 said:
Haha...is not my ride yet but today I check the car out the sign is gone...btw where is the BC button?

Last edited by a moderator:

just to share the costs of my e90 repair works.
took over a pre-fl 320i with 100000km on its clock.

parts bought at eng soon- 800
labor at jb workshop with francis- 340 (800+RM)
total 1140 (and an extremely satisfying drive after that!)

when i sent the car to AA for inspection before purchase, was diagnosed with
1. flywheel seal leak
2. oil sump sensor leak
3. oil sump joint leak
4. right hand engine block and water-pump filled with oil leak
5. 2 absorbers leaking and stoppers worn out

but i went ahead with the purchase because the car felt incredibly smooth during my test drive and engine was in good condition according to my mechanic who went down to check the car with me.
long story short, tried the recommendation from the seniors here and sent it to jb for some budget servicing.

took them 10 min to diagnose my problem and told me exactly as what AA said. a week later i went in with the relevant parts from eng soon and the car was fixed in a day.
best of all, francis cleaned up my door lock area and the car doors now close with a reassuring "thud" instead of a worn out "PIAK" from being tortured by its previous owners hehe.
then changed my atf fluid and widened the valve opening to 0.8mm and the car feels so much lighter and smoother that i was gleaming with joy the whole ride back. really a significant improvement after servicing. this is what a BM should feel like!

but that aside, thanks to lkm and all the seniors here who tried and recommended francis to me and solved my oil leak. this guy is really old-school and knows BM inside out, i feel extremely safe with my car in his car and pls do keep other recommendations coming!

Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean by "widened the value opening"? How does this improve the ride?

xiaofoggy;919057 said:
then changed my atf fluid and widened the valve opening to 0.8mm and the car feels so much lighter and smoother that i was gleaming with joy the whole ride back. really a significant improvement after servicing. this is what a BM should feel like!

therock610;918882 said:

Thanks for all replies, decided not to go ahead after calling Munich Automobiles, the adviser said there are 3 x 320i there with all the potential problem, 1 of them is going for major overhaul which cost $9k+:verysad:

Cheers

Based on my limited knowledge, i believe it is to allow more air or pressure so theres greater combustion resulting in a more responsive throttle. Throttle lag is greatly reduced..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okebet168net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back